PDA

View Full Version : Focus 10 and drowsiness

iadnon
6th June 2012, 08:13 AM
Hello,

I've given a try to the Focus 10 technique but I happen to feel this way:

1.Exercise: no special report.
2.After the exercise: I don't feel any special post effects.
3.During the day and on the following ones: I feel specially drowsy, as if I was looking forward to having a nap all the time, and very passive.

Is that a counter effect, or am I doing something wrong?

dreaming90
7th June 2012, 12:41 AM
You're not doing anything wrong. In fact I recommend "just listening" to the exercise and letting it flow. There's nothing to "do" in other words.

People feel differently in Focus 10. Your brain is probably just getting used to the subtle altered state that you have so far managed to achieve. With more practice you will alter your consciousness more and more in the tape exercise. But it does take practice.

Here's an article on Focus 10 that is excellent. I think it ought to be required reading for budding projectors...

http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/focus10.html

Korpo
18th June 2012, 12:47 PM
You might need some time to integrate the effects. (You might also be integrating dream/AP experiences you don't recall consciously but that may prepare you for a more conscious exit. This might result in lighter sleep.)

I did many of my exercises in the evening hours and found that I had a spontaneous OBE experience at night or more pronounced effects right there (time expanding enormously, shifting my awareness through my body, near-separations). The evening time finds you more relaxed and being drowsy afterwards will not be a problem.