PDA

View Full Version : How do you meditate without activating the energy body?

Superluminal
28th June 2005, 11:59 AM
Hi, I had a spontaneous kundalini type experience a couple of years ago after only a few days of meditating & reading of energy work (spine & whole body electricity, pulsations, & about 9 or 10 major & minor chakras). Since then, I mostly did nothing, but am restarting meditation with the aim of remote viewing/influencing. My problem is, every time I meditate my energy body activates, distracting me from deeper levels of mind & developing itself without my control! I have the most trouble with my crown chakra, followed by genital & then base. Through much of the day now, I walk around with a buzzing head and I’m seriously having trouble getting to sleep, because every time I lie down still, my head keeps buzzing & everything else starts happening. Each day the sensations are getting stronger & spreading to new areas. I've tried NEW a little bit, but I can't get it to work & I’m too bored by it to persist until maybe it eventually does - I think I’m better at visualisation. Isn’t there any way to meditate without energy body activation? Isn't there any simple & comprehensible, western, non-tactile method of energy work? I've read Kundalini, once activated, is unstoppable. If so, I need to gain some control. Please help!

Tom
28th June 2005, 04:32 PM
This page came to mind while reading what you described:
http://www.osho.com/Main.cfm?Area=Medit ... ge=English (http://www.osho.com/Main.cfm?Area=Meditation&Language=English)

Every meditation based on sitting still and relaxing is going to cause problems for you. Like you said, even if you don't meditate and you just want to go to sleep, the Kundalini takes over. The "active meditation" section on Osho's web site gives you techniques where the idea is to spend most of the time physically doing something. Even these all end up with a section of about 15 minutes of sitting still or lying down, but the sections leading up to that could make a difference.

Superluminal
10th July 2005, 01:39 PM
ttt

PeterPan
13th July 2005, 11:36 AM
Superluminal,

I read a storie about a lady who spontaneously aroused her kundalini, and even years afterwards she couldn't meditate at the risk of increasing the energy. These things are well known in the literature. That lady spends a lot of effort and time trying to ground herself and dissipate the energies. For example she mentioned touching trees with both palms so your energy flows out of your body and into the ground. I also read that kundalini yogis take cold showers (not warm, cold!) cos it helps with the excess energy. Could you find an experienced teacher in your area so you can get some direct help?

Influencing others doesn't seem to be very ethical! :evil:
Wouldn't it be better to channel your super sensitivity to good causes? :roll:

Superluminal
13th July 2005, 02:58 PM
You got the wrong impression about the term remote influencing. It's a blanket term (maybe not a very good one) for any psychic effect-causing, with no moral charge. Distance healing, psychic shields, reality manifestation, etc, are all literally remotely 'influencing'. It can be for good or bad, for harmony or disharmony. (Although some say there's a karmic-type feedback-loop)

Tom
13th July 2005, 04:13 PM
Have you ever looked into the Sedona Method?

http://www.sedona.com/

I think it could help with the Kundalini.

violetsky
19th July 2005, 01:23 AM
Dear Superluminal,

Do you lucid dream often? Sorry if this question seems off topic but there is a reason I ask.

If you are having problems with an over active energy body then NEW is the last thing you want to do. NEW is used to strengthen and increase energy body activity and awareness.

When you go into meditative state you will become more aware of subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) energy movements. Once you are used to deep meditative states energy body activity is no longer distracting. It takes on a background rhythm like a hum or energy turn within. The problem is getting to this point of comfort.

All I can recommend is to do the clock exercise. This forces you to remain extremely focused to the point where distractions are forced to the side. Look at the tip of the second hand of a clock and never let it go out of focus. The minute you loose crisp, clear focus thoughts and distractions will start filling your mind and body. This requires tremendous dedication. The goal is usually 10 minutes of absolute silence of mind. Most people are lucky to make it to 10 seconds on the first tries. Do this clock meditation as often as possible. You will start noticing that your lucidity in dream state and your conscious awareness (mind awake/body asleep) and depth of meditative state increase dramatically. At least that is what it did for me. Everyone is different though. For me the clock exercise was very hard work but well worth it.

Deepest Regards,
violetsky

Superluminal
20th July 2005, 01:10 PM
Tom: I have access to a variation of the Sedona method, but how exactly would that help? I thought it's for emotions & related bodily feelings.

violetsky: No I don't often lucid dream. Thanks for the clock exercise idea. That might help my meditation at least. I've recently noticed the sensations are becoming more subtle & smooth, more flowing & less explosive, so things are looking up anyway.

Thanks for the help people!

Tom
20th July 2005, 05:38 PM
There was a list of Kundalini symptoms in another thread here. A good number of them involve physical and emotional components that the Sedona Method can help to address. The method also applies to thinking patterns.

asalantu
16th August 2007, 05:44 AM
Hi, I had a spontaneous kundalini type experience a couple of years ago after only a few days of meditating & reading of energy work (spine & whole body electricity, pulsations, & about 9 or 10 major & minor chakras). Since then, I mostly did nothing, but am restarting meditation with the aim of remote viewing/influencing. My problem is, every time I meditate my energy body activates, distracting me from deeper levels of mind & developing itself without my control! I have the most trouble with my crown chakra, followed by genital & then base. Through much of the day now, I walk around with a buzzing head and I’m seriously having trouble getting to sleep, because every time I lie down still, my head keeps buzzing & everything else starts happening. Each day the sensations are getting stronger & spreading to new areas. I've tried NEW a little bit, but I can't get it to work & I’m too bored by it to persist until maybe it eventually does - I think I’m better at visualisation. Isn’t there any way to meditate without energy body activation? Isn't there any simple & comprehensible, western, non-tactile method of energy work? I've read Kundalini, once activated, is unstoppable. If so, I need to gain some control. Please help!

Well, beyond the fact Superluminal's worry was posted two years ago, my opinion about his problem is meditation and energy body activation are non-separable aspects and the problem is only surpassed through meditation and, for mine, mind taming oriented to de-focusing.

May be, de-focusing is as hard to achieve as walking through a chattering crowd while reading an advanced mathematical textbook... but it is doable. May be, Superluminal, rise his Kundalini without develop previously mental tools in order to switch off his thoughts. And, then that is his problem.

Sincerely,
Ángel

Korpo
20th August 2007, 11:08 AM
I think a moving meditation like Taiji could have been beneficial. Like Taiji.

Taiji is always grounded when practised right. The practitioner is always rooted. Everything depends on the rooted stance, and every movement emanates from the pelvis and therefore from the base chakra as well. In Taiji every move comes from the pelvis/hip complex.

The Taoists say that while the body is still, the mind moves, and while the body moves, the mind is still. The body movements of Taiji can become a meditation focus, their slowness calming and easing the mind by putting you back into your body in the here and now. Energy flows repattern to natural and follow the movements of the body.

When my grounding practise was incomplete, and anxiety and agitation overcame me after blockage work, some Taiji could "fix me up". It calmed me, without me ever knowing exactly why. But going through the movements mindfully seemed to repattern and ground me.

Oliver