PDA

View Full Version : I do not understand this.

AstralCody
13th June 2012, 04:36 AM
I THINK I had an OBE last night but I am not sure. I wish I could have made this topic earlier. My memory is fading, but here is what happened. In the middle of a dream I felt OBE sensations hit. I found myself in my basement where I sleep. I walked upstairs, (things were not too clear but It felt like an OBE but also a dream at the same time. I walked in the living room. The sun was out. (It was 3:00AM ish while I was having this "obe" I saw my grandma and my aunt rubbing some kind of liquid on their arms...???? Then they said Cody??? My great aunt isn't even in town right now. I went back downstairs and tried to fly out my backyard toward the city. I jumped up really high and then everything went black and I was in dream mode for the remainder of the night. :confused:

What the heck happened here? Am I projecting for like 2 seconds then going into dream mode?

SiriusTraveler
13th June 2012, 05:26 AM
Perhaps your higher self just lets you participate as a spectator of what your astral self is soing, so it gets kind of mixed with a mind split effect of some sort? So that you are aware of that you are AP'ing or dreaming but you dont feel you are in control of your actions. Just a tought I had, since my experiences up untill now have been like that. I have been aware, but I have just let things happen and have not even been in the real time zone. In my experiences I am conscious of it all, that I am either dreaming or somewhere else, but I kind of just float along.

greytraveller
13th June 2012, 05:55 PM
Hi AstralCody
You May have had what I am now calling "False Dreaming". False Dreaming is very similar to a "False Awakening" (FA). During a FA a person believes that they are awake when in fact they are dreaming. Sometimes a person becomes aware of the FA and then experiences a lucid dream or else transitions it into an OBE. During a "False Dreaming" a person believes that they are dreaming but in fact are having a low level OBE. Sometimes the person becomes aware of this and then has a fully conscious OBE. More often than not a person remains unaware of the OBE and later recalls the experience as only a special dream.
This has happened to me MANY times. Usually I do Not become aware of the OBE and yet on those few special occasions I Do transition the "False dreaming" into a fully lucid OBE. The "False Dreaming" state would also be responsible for most of the numerous posts where a person ask, "Was this an OBE or a dream?"
BTW this is a new theory. I have only posted this idea once a day or so ago (in response to a similar experience over on the astralpulse site). So any thoughts, comments or other feedback that you have would be much appreciated.

Sincerely
Grey

CFTraveler
13th June 2012, 06:29 PM
The only thing I'd ask, is, did you know you were dreaming? Did you separate out of the dream consciously and deliberately?

dreaming90
13th June 2012, 08:03 PM
OBEs with low lucidity are often accompanied by intense reality fluctuations.

AstralCody
14th June 2012, 02:45 AM
Thank you so much for your replies everyone.

Grey- That's super interesting! It makes sense... It was so hard to explain that night but it was like I was in a dream... but the dream was REALLY vivid and clear. It was still a dream though so nothing made sense at all... But the weirdest thing... I remember getting a falling sensation before the "real" dream. and I remember having some OBE feelings... like floating etc. I remember looking at my hands saying clarity now etc, but it felt like a dream when I was doing all of that. I wasn't all "there" I guess you could say.

CFT- Right in the middle of a dream I felt sensations and scenes kinda just changed rapidly without me doing an exit technique or really much of anything. It was so weird... not weird... unique. I am not used to that. I ALWAYS had these sensations as a kid. I remember when I was about ten. I still remember this. I was in a dream and I fell off a building. I felt me falling. "falling sensations" I woke up and there was a face looking at me floating next to me. I was in sleep paralysis etc. It's so weird how all this works.

CFTraveler
14th June 2012, 02:59 PM
Cody- When you are dreaming you are in a 'specific' (aka private) area of the astral. So there is nowhere to 'fall', because you are already there- the only thing is that you transition from a personally-formed area to a collective area of the astral- the 'astral proper'. So the movement of the scenes is your transition, and it depends on the content of the images, to pinpoint 'where' exactly you are.

It was so weird... not weird... unique. I am not used to that. I ALWAYS had these sensations as a kid. Remember that the more nonphysical exploration you do, the more you change, and the more you change, the more the experience changes. My projections nowadays are nothing like the ones I used to have, and I expect they'll continue to change as I do.

AstralCody
14th June 2012, 07:01 PM
CFT- Yeah, they sure have changed quite a bit. I miss the ones where I am 100% aware and feel at peace with everything. Now it's all confusing dream like OBE's. I'm sure they will keep changing, I am gonna keep going at it. :)