PDA

View Full Version : Visions of lights during meditation

Crystalcave13
16th June 2012, 06:49 AM
Hi, I was just doing some meditation, i did about a 35 minute session. I was wondering what it means when you see colors flickering in your minds eye, and also when I do meditation and focus on my eyes, they start contracting quickly, and a lot, like non stop. I feel like I go deeper when i focus on my eyes when I'm in a trance state. What exactly do these colors mean, and this contracting so easily of my eyes?

SoulSail
16th June 2012, 11:43 AM
It's fairly common in deeper meditative states. I had my first light experience this past October:

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?12929-Brilliant-Light&highlight=soulsail

If you want to research this more, look up the Dhyana states, I think there are four of them. Experiencing lights and other transcendental phenomena usually sets in around the second Dhyana, so it's a good way to measure your progress, though I don't know that the lights mean much, more like signs along the road. Keep your focus on the practice...the experiences will continue, but it's best to not get distracted by them.

Soul

CFTraveler
16th June 2012, 04:40 PM
From a biological standpoint, at first the colors may be phosphenes or retinal fatigue, and when you go in trance you enter the hypnagogic phase. SS. already showed you the mystical explanation, which is equally valid.
ps. the AD Pedia has the definitions of these states.