PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this for me?

pars101
22nd June 2012, 06:51 PM
About 2 years ago, when I was 16, I got out of a relationship felt depressed etc.. then my cousin suggested I see a hypnosis, he said he could see my auras etc.. but I found something strage, he said that masturbation prevents your third eye from opening etc.. (at that time I really didnt believe all this, so I just ignored it). But now I read on here some claiming that masturbation is related to negative energy? how so? whats the connection?

CFTraveler
22nd June 2012, 10:24 PM
Prejudice, and judgement, imo.

SoulSail
23rd June 2012, 12:29 AM
Claiming that masturbation causes negative energy is like saying that brushing your hair causes negative energy. Makes little sense UNLESS we're dropping in more context. For example, are we talking about habitual masturbation fueled by manic clicking on every single adult website we can find, hour after hour? What's going on in the mind? What or who's the object of focus? Any violence included there?

You get the point. Almost anything we do in life can lead to a negative outcome given enough volatile elements. One can indeed brush all his or hair out if he or she is convinced doing so will stop the voices inside, commanding them to do so.

Context. Context. Context.

Make sense?

Soul

ButterflyWoman
23rd June 2012, 08:53 AM
My short answer is: NONSENSE. He may as well have told you it'll make you grow hair on your palms and make you need glasses.

pars101
24th June 2012, 04:25 PM
I might have misinterpreted what he said. He showed me something weird though, he got a compass, and he could move the arrows with his fingers?? then I tried and I couldnt, he said thats because of masturbation or something :S because I have less electromagnetic energy.

ButterflyWoman
24th June 2012, 04:48 PM
Well, it's entirely possible that there are accomplished mystics who could move a compass needle just by will, but I have to tell you, that's a really old trick, and it's one that dishonest people use to convince people of their "powers". Basically, it's accomplished by holding a small magnet in the hand (tucked between the base of the fingers and the palm, a standard sleight-of-hand skill) or wearing a magnetised ring. It doesn't take much magnetism to influence the needle of a compass, especially if it's a cheap one.

CFTraveler
24th June 2012, 08:51 PM
You know, I would have believed that he believed what he was saying until the compass trick. Now I just think he's a scam artist.

dreaming90
25th June 2012, 12:39 PM
Um, yeah, find a new hypnotherapist. :D

Sinera
25th June 2012, 01:49 PM
You know, I would have believed that he believed what he was saying until the compass trick. Now I just think he's a scam artist.
Uri Geller was also caught on camera doing it with a hidden little magnet. Cheap.

mick
25th June 2012, 11:40 PM
About 2 years ago, when I was 16, I got out of a relationship felt depressed etc.. then my cousin suggested I see a hypnosis, he said he could see my auras etc.. but I found something strage, he said that masturbation prevents your third eye from opening etc.. (at that time I really didnt believe all this, so I just ignored it). But now I read on here some claiming that masturbation is related to negative energy? how so? whats the connection?

It can be synonymous with energy release. Some magical types will use masturbation as a method of sourcing energy for a magical event. It could possibly be exploited by passing entities for negative purposes say but that does not make such energy negative as such. Electricity can be used for good stuff, benign or nasty stuff, still just electricity.

The claims seem to be more for effect and control perhaps and the compass thing as others have said likely dubious: :)