PDA

View Full Version : 3% food grade hydrogen peroxide for unbearable ear irritation

newfreedom
24th June 2012, 03:51 AM
Such a relief, they were driving me insane, i given them both a good internal scratching with cotton buds (very risky action, i know ~ lose a cotton off ear bud once ~ A & E removed it , lost another last week... daughter removed it in the end after myself using a scratchy needle to try & retrieve it, she got it with tweezers. i soooo did not want to have to go to the doctors for help again to remove the lodged cotton wool end.) but for me, sometimes i actually need physical pressure inside my ear canal to release the irritation.... AND so i am 'driven' to do so every time......

My ears have been easing over the last 10 years.... and actually was only needing to scratch the left ear canal about twice a week (used to be left ear at least once aday if not more, usually right each too & sometimes up to 3 times a day for left ear... to be release / relief)

Doc. did check em both when he removed the lodged cotton bud, no sight of infection ....

But i am convinced it's due to infection within & around the jaw bones, my dentist tells me i have this... a big operation to open all the skin up & remove all the infection, before stitching it all back up again... i had no desire to do that & it wasn't his reccomendation anyway... :-)xX

newfreedom
18th January 2016, 08:07 AM
This processing phase Dec. 2015 / Jan 2016 - i am using 3% food-grade hydrogen peroxide for:

Sore left big toe (looks like an in-growing toe-nail infection)
sore left first finger, below the nail-bed (infected whitlow) (http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/herpetic-whitlow/Pages/Introduction.aspx)
in my ears to clear itching
in my dogs ears to clear itching (i discussed this with our vet a few wks later & he agreed if it helped then i could continue to use it to keep the dogs ears free from any fungal irritation that might flare up)

Added Notes
i have just read what a Whitlow is , as although i knew the name i never before now realised the details of why ....

CFTraveler
18th January 2016, 03:42 PM
May I recommend you finish up your skin therapy (not the ear thing) with some coconut or tea tree oil? This is because H2O2 is basically an oxidant (which is why it kills germs and bleaches) and you want to protect your skin from oxidative stress- and also coconut oil has a mild antiseptic effect (including antifungal) and will stabilize the skin, leaving it soft & supple. (my I sound like a commercial.)

newfreedom
24th January 2016, 05:16 AM
May I recommend you finish up your skin therapy (not the ear thing) with some coconut or tea tree oil? This is because H2O2 is basically an oxidant (which is why it kills germs and bleaches) and you want to protect your skin from oxidative stress- and also coconut oil has a mild antiseptic effect (including antifungal) and will stabilize the skin, leaving it soft & supple. (my I sound like a commercial.)

Thanks CFT, yes i have some coconut oil actually, i bought it to take internally with nutribullet shakes, but found i couldn't really stomach it well. So using it topically wood be a good way of 'not wasting it'.

I was given a very large tub of E45 cream by my psychiatrist during my weeks hospital stay in Dec. 2014. so i use this alot for the eczema & dry skin symptoms i always get when i become busy which requires washing my hands lots.