PDA

View Full Version : False Awakenings

sono2
25th June 2012, 05:35 AM
Since reading the thread on Tibetan Dream Yoga, (something that I actually used to attempt some years ago) I have had at least 3 false awakings each night. It is actually becoming quite confusing! I have dreamed that I wrote up the dreams I had, dreamed that I dreamed I had written them up; posted them here, dreamed I had dreamed I had posted them here . . & so on!

One morning I couldn't decide whether I was awake or not, or whether I was at work, or still needed to get up & drive there - finally did so, & arrived late as a result of the mental confusion. Still slightly unsure whether I'm typing this now. . . .! Seems my grip on "reality" is slipping, or the "veils" have become very thin. Anyone else had similar experiences?

CFTraveler
25th June 2012, 03:23 PM
Once, when I was about twelve. I was dreaming long serial dreams that went on for weeks, and kept going for around two or three weeks. It was like living two lives at once, and then the false awakenings. It was confusing, but it ended in about a month.

greytraveller
25th June 2012, 07:51 PM
Hallo sono
False awakenings (FAs) are relatively rare so having about 3 each night is Very unusual! Has this been happening for just a couple of days or has it been going on for a whole week? If the latter is true then something Big is probably going on, maybe some type of breakthrough, with your consciousness. Remember if you can catch incongruities in FAs then that will lead to lucidity and either LDs or OBEs (whichever of those that you prefer to experience).

Regards
Grey

sono2
26th June 2012, 04:44 AM
All very odd - CFTraveller, I have also dreamed in episodes; & lately have been 'touring" Europe, country by country, quite apart from any other dreams I post under separate headings. . . & Grey, the false awakenings are still on-going, I am rather afflicted with brain-fog. Am going to try grounding later today.

dreaming90
26th June 2012, 03:25 PM
False Awakenings are very unpleasant but it's a good sign-- a sign that your consciousness is widening.

Here's how I deal with the situation. I trained myself to do a reality check every time I woke up. Now it's the first thing I do in the morning. If it fails, I know that I'm dreaming.

You may want to get in the habit of doing RCs every few minutes as the veil between waking and sleep becomes thinner.

sono2
27th June 2012, 04:52 AM
I do reality checks pretty well all the time, waking & sleeping (!). . . in one dream, I checked the solidity of the steering wheel of the car, & snapped my fingers clearly - but I was not awake, as I discovered later - it seems I can trick myself.