PDA

View Full Version : My first experience. I'm looking for answers.

Miniqarp
4th July 2012, 06:50 PM
Hello, I belive that I may have had my first sleep paralysis / OOBE about an hour ago. I just ate dinner, tierd from work I thought I'd take a "Power nap". I laid down on my bed and instantly feel asleep. I don't know what happend, but I was just standing outside my house and the dream was really, I mean extremely real. I was standing by my front door to the entrance to the apartments and a black silhouette wich was really blurry with a shape I can't describe was just a feet away from me. The best was I can describe it by the shape was nearly like a skeleton but even though how hard I tried my eyes couldn't concentrate on it. Also it was really bright outside there was no source for the light it was like every object and everthing was illuminating light from it. Then it started trying to touch and reach out to me, and its fingers was as the only was I can describe it rubbery? When it moved its hand the fingers seemed to stretch out to touch me like its fingers became longer and longer as it reached out, when it did. I got some really extreme shivers I can't even start to describe them either, it felt unreal. I've never felt anything like it before. Just shivers going from the tip of my toes through my whole body. I started panicking then I heard a voice in my head going "It's allright Michael, don't be afraid" Then I remember feeling some kind of force just pulling me through the walls and everything into my body again, just the feeling of being pulled back like I weighed nothing at all. I woke up on my side. I opened my eyes and tried to start moving thats when I noticed that I couldn't move. I was completely paralysed. It felt like being trapped under my own skin. Even though how hard I tried I couldn't move. Thats when I heard the voice again. "Michael, calm down!" I started panicking trying as hard as I could to move then it just released me and I just jumped out of my bed and ran out my door into the kitchen. And later on I started doing research on it and here I am.

What the hell happend to me? What was that voice and that black silhouette?

CFTraveler
4th July 2012, 07:25 PM
Hi and welcome, Michael. It seems to me that you had an episode of sleep paralysis with Dweller. I recommend you take a look at the post entitled "Your First Conscious Projection (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?3522-Your-First-Conscious-Projection)", you will see that there are many elements in common with your experience.

SoulSail
5th July 2012, 12:09 AM
Glad you found us and shared. Reaching out when something scary happens is a good call.

Here's my take:

1. That "voice" was either your own inner, higher-self attempting to walk you through your experience, or some other unseen entity working to assure you that all was okay. No matter the source, the advice you got was sound--"do not be afraid" is among the most important rules all must learn when taking on Soul Travel by practice or accident.

2. Fear is fuel, and if you did in fact encounter an entity with malicious intent, fear is granting it license to keep working you over. And if you did in fact encounter an dark entity, consider it manure for your growth. That's the way it works.

3. Encountering fearful situations like this is common, and as CFTraveler once assured me, these things often take place so we can deal with the biggest obstacle to exploring the Astral: fear. Fear shuts down experience here, there, and everywhere. I'm not sure if you are attempting to take up OBEs out of interest, or if this just randomly happened to you, but know that if it happened once, it'll likely repeat until you learn to stand it down.

4. If you get paralyzed again, fluctuate your breath. All other muscles are locked down, but your diaphragm is not, and if you inhale and exhale in a jagged manner, you will break the paralysis quickly. At least, it works that way for me though I rarely have sleep paralysis of that nature any more.

Soul,

Korpo
5th July 2012, 06:27 AM
Sleep paralysis is a well-known phenomenon often arising in conjunction with OBEs. Robert Bruce says it can be broken by for example trying to move a big toe.

Miniqarp
6th July 2012, 03:32 PM
I'm freakking out, it happend again last night.. Also Soulsail, it happend randomly i think. I'm not trying to get theese OOBE it freaks me out..

Anyway.. what happend was I was outside my gate again but this time I was near some swings in my apartment yard. The sky was completely black and everything else was radiating light. As I stood there.. this thing appeared again. I started hearing theese voices again, a womans voice saying: Do not be afraid Michael, you have nothing to fear here. I once again started panicking but I stopped for some reason.. I don't know why but I just wasn't afraid anymore. This black sillhouete once again reached out to touch me and as it did it I heard this voice again "It's allright, don't worry love" I tried to look at it but it was again like my eyes couldn't concentrate on it. It was just extremely blurry. It's shape was twisted and really weird, it barely even looked human. Then the voice spoke again saying "For I am your Guardian Angel"? Then I was dragged to my body again like I weighed nothing and I went into a state or paralysis again, trapped under my own skin. A minute later I got free & I just started crying. I don't know why but I just bursted into tears. How do I make theese out of body experiences stop? Can someone please tell me how..?!

CFTraveler
6th July 2012, 04:08 PM
Most people that have spontaneous OBEs tend to not sleep deeply for very long- the light state that makes you not go deep is also the perfect state for OBEs. So the more you worry about them the more you will have them.
If you can't simply 'not worry' about them, I recommend you start learning how to get them on purpose, and the ability to do them at will will give you control over the process.
If it indeed is your Guardian Angel (or Higher Self) guiding you through them, there may be a higher calling to your experiences, and that reinforces my idea that you're supposed to have them and to learn control over them.

Miniqarp
6th July 2012, 04:15 PM
A higher calling? I'm just a chef! I don't even belive in this stuff I'm an atheist but there is something very VERY supernatural about this.. I could even move my head my arms and everything. I didn't breathe though, it wasn't cold or hot. I don't want theese OOBE's anymore. Should I consult a doctor or something? And if that black sillhuete was my "Guardian Angel" why was it all twisted and weird? Oh god whats happening to me im going mad

CFTraveler
6th July 2012, 10:29 PM
Please reread my first answer to your post, it has a link that answers these questions.

dreaming90
7th July 2012, 01:55 AM
A higher calling? I'm just a chef!
I'm just a stock clerk in a grocery store. What you do for a living doesn't seem matter "out there."

I don't even belive in this stuff I'm an atheist but there is something very VERY supernatural about this..
I'm an atheist too-- I believe there isn't some "god" out there separate from us. I believe that all are fragments of the One Consciousness, which is experiencing itself in a myriad of different ways. But the One Consciousness loves us, very much, like a parent would love a child.

I don't want theese OOBE's anymore. Should I consult a doctor or something?
I think you are having these very interesting experiences for a reason. It's quite spooky at first, but it gets better. And you obviously have a guide who is doing his/her best to keep you calm. Nothing can hurt you "out there." OBEs are fascinating and fun once you get the hang of things.

If you decide you don't want these experiences, try a glass of wine or a beer before bed, or maybe an over-the-counter sleep aid. But it sounds like your Higher Self is nudging you to have these experiences, so they may recur.

And if that black sillhuete was my "Guardian Angel" why was it all twisted and weird?
Weird little distortions and reality fluctuations happen like that all the time. It doesn't mean anything, it's just your astral vision getting the hang of things.

Oh god whats happening to me im going mad

You aren't going mad, you're simply having OBEs-- experiences that many folks spend a lot of time and energy trying to have. And keep in mind, these experiences are spooky at first, but they can be fun and rewarding.

Have you heard of Robert Monroe? He was a non-religious businessman who began having spontaneous OBEs in 1958. At first he was scared out of his mind. He sought medical help. But after a while, fear turned to curiosity, and he is now known as a pioneer in consciousness research. In fact, he coined the term "out of body experience." His first book is called Journeys Out of the Body, perhaps you should give it a look.

Good luck, and do your best to enjoy the ride. :)

Miniqarp
7th July 2012, 11:54 AM
It happend again, I saw Me