PDA

View Full Version : what exactly is grounding?

DarkChylde
14th July 2012, 08:52 PM
i heard that to discharge excess energy and to anchor yourself better you should devote as much time as possible to "grounding"
googling hasnt been much of an aid ; there's one problem that i have that i cant seem to pin down : i live in a 2-storied house , my room is upstairs , everytime i sit down to ground i keep getting visuals of the whole place like this "Wait a minute , shouldnt i be visualing earth and ground and anchor it? , but im like a huge distance upwards from it" then i start imagining the structure of the house and the whole thing goes kaput :mad:

CFTraveler
15th July 2012, 04:10 AM
Think of the electrical ground that has to be attached to earth ground for electricity to work- it's all connected. Then mentally connect yourself to it.

wstein
15th July 2012, 04:26 AM
Grounding is connecting your energy system to something else's energy system.

The most common place to connect to is the Earth, thus the term grounding.

Normally this is done through the root or crown chakras depending on the location you wish to ground to.

Once a connection is formed, one can 'dump' any energy they don't want. This is analogous to washing something in a large body of water. Your ‘dirt’ is spread in the water and you become ‘clean’.

IMO grounding is a form of polluting. Humans once thought the streams and oceans could ‘handle’ all the stuff dumped in it. However, more recently it has become clear that there is a limit to how much the Earth itself can ‘cleanse’. As such the waters of the Earth are not as clean as they used to be. The energetic situation is the same.

Advanced note: more advanced energy practitioners may want to convert any excess or undesirable energy to a form beneficial to themselves rather than just dumping this potential energy resource.

Advanced note: advanced energy practitioners and advanced mediators may consider centering rather than grounding, this does two things:
1) a much more effective way to mange personal energy
2) provides (internal) stability largely independent of energy (state)

DarkChylde
15th July 2012, 06:04 PM
Think of the electrical ground that has to be attached to earth ground for electricity to work- it's all connected. Then mentally connect yourself to it.

I love how she puts it - just like that :mrgreen:! but sadly im just not techno-savy ; unlike ofcourse people who have years professional expertise in electronics.This is going to take me a while i reckon.

DarkChylde
15th July 2012, 06:16 PM
Grounding is connecting your energy system to something else's energy system.
Oh okay! i had no idea reallyof the behind the scenes action.I like it - im def interested now.

Once a connection is formed, one can 'dump' any energy they don't want. This is analogous to washing something in a large body of water. Your ‘dirt’ is spread in the water and you become ‘clean’.
Got it.

IMO grounding is a form of polluting. Humans once thought the streams and oceans could ‘handle’ all the stuff dumped in it. However, more recently it has become clear that there is a limit to how much the Earth itself can ‘cleanse’. As such the waters of the Earth are not as clean as they used to be. The energetic situation is the same.
I have different opinions but they arent germane to the discussion.

Advanced note: more advanced energy practitioners may want to convert any excess or undesirable energy to a form beneficial to themselves rather than just dumping this potential energy resource.
Advanced note: advanced energy practitioners and advanced mediators may consider centering rather than grounding, this does two things:
1) a much more effective way to mange personal energy
2) provides (internal) stability largely independent of energy (state)

I have always loved your collective mentality here on this post and on the atlantean revival projects too also the one where we had the thread going about collective input on spiritual progression (I bodly volunteered to be the focus of the energetic target); good times those ws good times!:thumbsup:

CFTraveler
15th July 2012, 11:47 PM
I agree about the centering- I find it very beneficial.

dreaming90
16th July 2012, 01:26 AM
I usually picture roots growing out of my feet and into the earth. Works like a charm.

DarkChylde
16th July 2012, 10:44 AM
I usually picture roots growing out of my feet and into the earth. Works like a charm.
i think i'll have to more this from a "locale based" meditation to a "visual based" meditation.

i think also that to sit on ground itself and then get on with it would be ideal ; i sat in our garden very early this morning - not much luck again either , the cricket chirpping , the stubbron grass poking you from all angles , the complicit feeling of dumping and dashing ( i think you get the idea )

I'm going to stick to it for a while and see if good change comes about.

gammond12
27th July 2012, 12:13 PM
This was quite an interesting post to read and i really loved reading it. I must thank wstein for sharing great information regarding grounding since i was unaware regarding the same. Would expect more post like this.

Jnanaveda
2nd August 2012, 09:30 AM
As far as grounding to Earth, you don't need to have your feet on the actual Earth surface since your immediate "point of contact" with the Earth is really its gravitational exertion on your body. You can therefore use the feel of your body's weight as a key for your grounding.