PDA

View Full Version : Care of the Dead & Dying

Saul
21st July 2012, 09:11 PM
Dear Forum Friends,

My father is finally dying after a long battle with emphysema and COPD. If you feel inclined to offer healing prayers then they will be gratefullly recieved with many gratitudes in advance. His name is Michael John Haines.

I would be grateful for any insights, advice or shared experiences that anyone would care to offer with regards assisting spiritually with someone who is departing this world, and for those that have recently departed.

Blessings and love to all.

Saul

susan
21st July 2012, 09:58 PM
Saul, my prayer is for your strength ,-as I truly believe your father is going to where we are all destined to go ,which is a more beautiful place .
I had the same experience with my father.
If you have loved him as a father then HE has done a good job.
Feel sorry for your self but not

susan
21st July 2012, 10:03 PM
Saul, my prayer is for your strength ,-as I truly believe your father is going to where we are all destined to go ,which is a more beautiful place .
I had the same experience with my father and my mother..
If you have loved him as a father then HE has done a good job.
Feel sorry for your self but not for your father.
I once had a dream about my mother where she met me at a meeting point on the other side where she told me this had to stop
I WAS CRYING EVERY NIGHT AFTER A BOTTLE OF WINE>
Since then I realised that I would see her again and that I was just upsetting her as she could see me like this.
I HAVE NEVER CRIED SINCE. Your father is entering somewhere beautiful.

Pneumismatic
22nd July 2012, 05:01 AM
Dear Saul,

Bless you and your family. You know, Jesus, talking about the resurrection, said regarding God, "All live unto Him." The truth is the truth, we're really all eternal spirits. God is a good god, and He said, "I will draw ALL men unto me." Since He's a spirit, only spirits can make the final leg of that Beautiful Journey. I had this experience in 2003 when I overdosed in college. Seeing Heaven was the pinnacle of my life and existence and nearly ruined earth life for me for years, relatively speaking. There's no describing it's stark Beauty in earthly terms of any language, or the Healing that takes place in one moment there. There's no need to feel bad yourself, or for him, but for those family members who don't understand or don't believe or haven't seen the other side yet, for whom I did pray to receive understanding and faith. If you play any musical instruments or sing, or have any talents you can perform, do this for their souls, give them peaceful, loving displays of your love and put your heart into it while you have the time. It doesn't matter whether they can respond or not, just act like they can and talk to them, because their soul can hear you perfectly, and appreciates it. Let your emotions flow freely, even if it means sobbing loudly in front of everyone. We just recently buried by grandmother, who I loved very much, and the black, dreary day only got drearier until they opened the doors of the funeral home to take her to the nearby cemetery, then the wind picked up and roared, and a big hole opened up in the clouds, of which we were at the center, and the sun shone warm and bright for the rest of the day. She was a woman of LOVE and talked about God and Jesus often. God wanted it known to all, his Daughter had come Home! God even showed me the pregnant womb she was reincarnated into at her own funeral, her great niece's! God lovingly let me know two days prior to her departure that I needed to go play some music for her right then, and I did, and I thank God for that time! Spend TIME with him, while you have it, before he changes. LOVE him with all of your heart! If he needs to be forgiven for anything, forgive him for it if at all possible, if you have that power. Bless you, Saul, much love to you and your family.

IA56
22nd July 2012, 03:19 PM
Dear Saul...I send strength and warm healing to you and yours...When I was looking at your father, he was in total peace...so I will continue to send to him and to you and yours....
I did follow my best friends death process and it is the most beautiful you ever can see....I did follow her as far as I could, she was in total peace too...
Hung in there Saul!!

mick
22nd July 2012, 06:47 PM
I have experienced a couple of close deaths and they have been somewhat enlightening. With my mother who had experienced a prolonged illness the experience was amazing. In the days before the funeral my mother spent time with some of our spirit friends and they explained things to her and how we worked together, my mother knew we had interests in this area but was distant from it due to her more traditional background. While going through the funeral where there were many sombre faces and conversations appropriate for the occasion we (my partner and I) both picked up powerful feelings of joy and happiness which made it very difficult to keep the sombre tone in place and indeed, smiles off our faces. :)

One point of interest maybe, there were some of her possessions that she was keen that we dispose of, quite obscure items, one being a suitcase. In hind sight maybe it was creating an attachment she did not need to the physical. She eventually went on her way.

In short, I would say all being well, leave the actual passing to those that will meet him and attend to looking after the living through this period. One thing, be open to their presence if they choose to loiter. :) They may want to convey a message/state of mind sort of thing to set you at ease.

IA56
22nd July 2012, 06:54 PM
Saul...Is your father...pale, thin and with gray/white hair or no hair at all??..He looked almost like transparant...If it is him then I will tell you more....

CFTraveler
22nd July 2012, 08:42 PM
Dear Saul, I will say a prayer for him.

sono2
23rd July 2012, 04:21 AM
I second the thoughts of those who have already posted, & will add my prayer for him. . .

Saul
25th July 2012, 10:49 PM
To all who have posted and all those who have offered prayers and love, I thank you deeply.

My father passed away peacefully this afternoon, with his family around. He no longer suffers the pain of the physical body and goes to a place of peace and grace.

Interestingly I had a few signs which I observed from nature in the last few days, which now when I reflect back, all indicated the time was coming. I will write about these for those that are interested in a few days time.

To IA56, yes he was very pale, thin, with a full head of white/grey hair. Perhaps like many eldery people with his medical condition. I would dearly love to hear more. PLease feel free (if you are happy) to post it for all to read. Thank you!

Blessings and love again to all whom have shared kind thoughts with the passing of this soul.

Saul

IA56
26th July 2012, 04:32 AM
Dear Saul and all yours loved ones.
Thank you for telling me but little bit sad I am that you did not write sooner but I do understand you did not want to leave your
fathers side in this delicat situation and wanted to support him to the end.
Your father did show him self to me and he looked sad and scared.....that I wanted you to write and confirme that it was your father who did show him to me and I had liked you to tell him...that there is no way he have done anything wrong to be scared of...you know...the wrong inprint what is put on us from the early childhood about sin and so forth...it is only man made bias and controll system....I hope it was enough that I told him that there is no way he could have done anything wrong to be afraid of...it is only his own fear of punishment what holds him back.....I am happy to hear he passed away in peace.
Sending strength and love to you and yours...
Thank you for letting me have this opportunity to meet your father.
Peace at your soul Saul.