PDA

View Full Version : Physical heart rate

me
28th June 2005, 12:38 PM
I recently posted (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=317) about my first attempt projecting. Where I explain that I felt the vibrations and sinking sensation etc…

I tried again after staying awake for a very long time (watching the 24 boxset). But this time my physical heart was defiantly raised and my eyelids were jumping around from REM so much so, that they nearly flickered open because of the extremeness of the experience.

I didn’t get anywhere, apart from just shaking violently and wondering “what on earth” until I finally gave way to my eye lids and let them open.

surely this isn't right?

violetsky
28th June 2005, 04:43 PM
Dear me,

In the private forums I discuss some of the parts of the brain that get highly activated during OBE. If a person has a small leison in these parts --which might go unnoticed until that area is highly activated -- seizure type symptoms might occur. Do you have any history of genetic temporal lobe epilepsy in your family? Now what I mention here is just one possiblity and a worse case senerio.

What I would recommend is if you do wish to try again is to have a friend with you in the room. I never like saying, never try something again. The shaking did stop as soon as you stopped your attempt correct?

Another thing you could try is to work on your energy body and do lots of NEW work. This could (not saying it does - just a hypothesis here) make it so that not as much energy is directed to one portion of the energy body and hence physical body. This might prevent overstimulation of a localized area.

Please share your thoughts and hopefully others will share their thoughts and experiences. I have never had this problem personally. So can only guess at what is occurring with you.

Kindest Regards,
violetsky

me
28th June 2005, 11:26 PM
epilepsy, nothing like that in my family what so ever. i'm freaked now! lol, to be honest whilst reading Astral Dynamics I've been trying whilst reading, because its too tempting to wait until I've finished the book before attempting to project. And yes, I can stop the experience at anytime, I feel my everyday-conciousness is always far too aware for me to get in to obe'ing, but I'm still trying.

what do you mean, private forums?

violetsky
29th June 2005, 01:00 AM
Dear me,

That is great news. Phew! All I can offer is the idea of doing more NEW to strength and balance the energy body. People who do a lot of NEW tend to have greatly reduced exit sensations...Why is this so? Well I gave an hypothesis above but I do not know if it is correct.

The private forums are down...scroll down...and you will see them. I posted in the OBE Research and Development section.

Very Best Wishes to ya,
violetsky :)

Dsmoke
29th June 2005, 03:24 AM
Hi Me,

How do you know that your heart rate was definitely raised?

me
29th June 2005, 10:49 AM
Dsmoke, because when I came out of the sensation I put my hand on my chest and felt it.

And during the time up until the experience I was already conscious of my heart beat being fast. (Being overly conscious of my heart beat often makes it annoying for my to get to sleep.)

PeterPan
12th July 2005, 09:22 AM
Hello me,

It seems I know what you are talking about because I've felt what you are mentioning. The eyes flickering is a normal trance symptom (I did a small Hypnosis course and it is listed there). I actually had that in a hypnosis practical lesson where I was being hypnotised. During that session my heart rate was fast and my whole system was accelerated. I kind off enjoyed that cos I knew if you don't have heart problems it's benign and I feel reenergised.

Now the interesting thing is why some trance states have this symptoms and others don't. My hyposthesis has to do with entering trance with a highly awaked body. Robert Bruce and Robert Monroe (and others) teach a way of entering trance that makes the body sleep so it is much smoother. But if you enter trance with body very awake then it's very rough... shamans enter trance with physical body very awake (drumming or dancing) and it is an ecstatic trance very rough and extreme and very demanding to the body. Once I was drumming my shaman drum and entered a tunnel of swrling patterns (this was not hypnagogy)... well my eys were flickering and my heart rating boom boom boom, I got scared and snaped back.

Hope this helped :? :idea:

PeterPan

Quantitativefool
12th July 2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah. I have had similar experiences as 'PeterPan' and agree with what he said. I am a hypnotist and tend to notice that the more severe the physical change (REM, pulse, ect) is dependent on belief and relaxation/tension, the more you believe it will happen obviously the more it does, and then the more relaxed you are the less you will experience.

Hope it helps,
-Stu