PDA

View Full Version : You are THAT

SoulSail
28th July 2012, 05:04 PM
From my daily reading:

About You:

"You cannot make stillness. You are stillness. Be who you are. Be still--absolutely, completely still--and see what is before any thought, concept or image of who, what, when, or why.

Stillness is presence of being. You are that presence of being. Receive yourself. Drink yourself. Be nourished by yourself. Begin your exploration of the limitless wonder of yourself.

I do not mean explore your thoughts. You have explored your thoughts, and they have taken you as far as they can take you. I do not mean explore your emotions, your feelings, your sensations, or your circumstances. Explore your self--that which is before, during and after all objects of awareness. THAT. That presence of being is who you are.

All that is required for that recognition is to pull your attention back from the usual fixations and preoccupations. Let attention rest in the company of highest truth, formless and present as the core of being.

There is nothing that keeps you from the realization of your inherent, permanent, present freedom except your imagination that somebody or something is keeping you from that."

About incessant thought:

"...it is all just a story, an endless commentary based on nothing."

From You are That, by Gangaji

Soul

Pneumismatic
29th July 2012, 04:20 AM
You are THAT

You said it, Soul. "Their strength is to sit still." - Isaiah 30:7 "Pure and still, one can put things right everywhere under heaven." - Lao Tzu

SoulSail
29th July 2012, 04:43 AM
And more...

"Be still, and know that I Am God." ~ Psalm 46:10.

This is The formula in one sentence.

Or, for our mathematically inclined friends: Stillness + 0 = the experience of God.

So simple.

Soul