PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Forums

sono2
13th August 2012, 09:20 AM
Lately I find i can only drop in very briefly, due to work pressure but also because I seem to "pick up" too much from forums (not just here). I do a quick "scan" through my favourites each morning to find where "something I need to know" is located, then get out fast, often without logging in.
:|
Does anyone else do this?

CFTraveler
13th August 2012, 02:38 PM
I do this too, due to the sometimes very limited time I have. Like today.

DarkChylde
14th August 2012, 05:25 AM
i log in on study breaks only on these days ,sometimes its good to take something to just take something with you to ruminate.

SoulSail
14th August 2012, 09:21 AM
What are you picking up that's too much?

sono2
23rd August 2012, 05:05 AM
Soulsail, I get information/ pictures about forum members, that I feel should not be privy to; also emotions. . . & "see" behind words that the writers sometimes have very different "agendas" than what is apparent. It's like an invasion of privacy, & also an overload.

dreaming90
24th August 2012, 04:49 PM
Soulsail, I get information/ pictures about forum members, that I feel should not be privy to; also emotions. . . & "see" behind words that the writers sometimes have very different "agendas" than what is apparent. It's like an invasion of privacy, & also an overload.
I had this problem when I first started giving psychic readings about a year ago. I work in a busy grocery store and it was a nightmare. I made a REBAL thingie that blocked out most of the noise, and eventually stopped giving readings altogether.

I suggest laying down, going into a light trance, and visualizing a ball of energy around you. Then, clearly intend that this ball of energy blocks out all unwanted energy from others. That should help.

ButterflyWoman
25th August 2012, 04:49 AM
This is the only one I visit these days, unless you count Facebook study groups and online discussion for university courses. I don't have the time or inclination to spend my energy anywhere else.

Regarding picking up stuff from people: Yes. I am highly empathic, and I've had to learn how to generate shielding (I do it automatically) and other techniques to avoid being overwhelmed by other people's energy, most of which they are not even aware of. I used to hate crowds (to the point of it being a phobia), but since I started shielding, I'm not particularly bothered by it. I also used to pick up stuff from forum members here an elsewhere, until I learned to just block it. I don't want or need to know anyone else's stuff, and unless they specifically invite me to look/feel, or I have some compelling reason to open myself to them, I just don't. I used to get sucked into other peoples' dramas really easily, too, mostly because of the innate compassion and empathy, but it's much better now. I'm still quite compassionate, but much better able to draw back the moment I sense someone is playing some sort of dogmatic or drama game, and I just shut it down and go about my own business. People who really need my energy for something constructive get it, generally in abundance. And all this from just learning how to practice simple, basic psychic self-protection.

(I have this forum community to thank for that. I'm going to engage in some public gratitude: Thank you Astral Dynamics, and everyone who assisted in that, knowingly or not. :))

Anyway, I highly recommend you practice psychic shielding. You can construct any sort of shield you can imagine, including one that goes "LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOUR CIRCULAR ARGUMENT AND PERSONAL DRAMA!!!" ;)

sono2
27th August 2012, 04:58 AM
Great posts, thanks for the shielding tips - I used to shield but have become rather lax lately!