PDA

View Full Version : Weird 'omen'? This morning

CFTraveler
22nd August 2012, 01:50 PM
So, I've been reading 'Journey to Ixtlan', (haven't finished it yet, I'm somewhat in the middle of it) and the story of the white falcon kind of reminded me of a similar incident in my life regarding a white dove. This is almost besides the point. In the story Don Juan tells C. that this white falcon is an omen. I just read this part yesterday in the morning.
So yesterday my husband gets home and tells me about this weird dove (or pigeon, or something) walking around our neighborhood. It's not grey like the others, but it's black and white, like pure white and pure black. I immediately relate what Don Juan said "It's an omen". I look at it and mentally ask it what it came to tell me, and we go on the rest of the day.
So this morning we get up to get ready, and when my husband opens the garage, he finds that this dove/pigeon has spent the night in our garage, on top of my car, and pooped all over it. He leaves, and the dove stayed on top of my car all morning. I had the chance to get real close to him (or her) and it is a beautiful bird, and has a band on one of his legs, so he has an owner. I wanted to feed him but we have no seed.
When it was time to take my son to his friend's house (who lives near the bus stop) I go really slow, and the bird stayed on my car the whole way there. He finally hopped off my car in his friend's front yard and went around. I then went back home and washed the top of my car (it was literally covered in birdpoop) and found that there was a screw on top of the roof of my car.
What I figure is that it must have fallen from the garage door opener on top of the car roof, and I would not have known it if it weren't for the dove. So I made sure to tell my husband about this errant screw before I forgot about it.
Oh, and this morning there is supposed to be a hurricane possibly pointed at us. Maybe.

dreaming90
22nd August 2012, 02:15 PM
Interesting... The dove is a universal symbol for "peace," but as far as specific cultural omens I'm at a loss. Here's a neat little site on dove symbolism:

http://www.wisdomportal.com/Columba/DoveSymbolismNotes.html

The first section is regarding dove symbolism in alchemy, which might be of interest to you because I've read that you've been doing some Hermetics training.

ButterflyWoman
22nd August 2012, 02:37 PM
Really interesting. Don't know what to tell you, but here are some of the things that struck me (may not have meaning to you, but what the heck):

Black and white
Poop/excrement/sh__
Messenger
Bird = flight, flying
Screw (screwed? screw loose? unscrewed?)
Car = transportation, moving forward, going somewhere

What it might mean? Well, I dunno. It's your omen and your reality, so... ;)

SiriusTraveler
22nd August 2012, 03:25 PM
uhm, hope that screw hold the garage intact!

CFTraveler
22nd August 2012, 06:01 PM
I'm hoping the dove was telling me someone better fix the garage door opener (or door itself), and not the other interpretation.

ButterflyWoman
23rd August 2012, 06:32 AM
I'm hoping the dove was telling me someone better fix the garage door opener (or door itself), and not the other interpretation.
:lol:

sono2
23rd August 2012, 06:57 AM
Wow, thant is maazing & quite unnerving! Doves are very bright, contrary to poular belief, & seem to be related to energy in the magnetic field - I get the feeling this dove is being "controlled" though, by someone discanate, who cares about you & is trying to get a message through (of-course, take with a dose of salts, but fwiw)