PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid stress?

Revend
24th August 2012, 09:21 AM
Stress is not good for brain but i feel lot of stress. I don't want to take medicines or any pill to avoid stress. Is there any solution of avoiding stress.
Reply must.

Barry
24th August 2012, 11:33 AM
Hi Revend,

Stress can be healthy for you - in a normal dose.

It really depends where this stress is coming from. Is it from work? Home? Other worries?

Meditation helps, you can also try natural herbs like camomile tea. Practising sports can help as well to unleash the stress.

ButterflyWoman
24th August 2012, 02:19 PM
Ah. This is simple, and not simple, at the same time.

You have to retrain your brain and your thoughts so that you don't react to situations by becoming stressed out. Easier said than done, and can take a long time, but it is possible.

I definitely recommend meditation. Keep at it, because it's like building muscle from exercise, or like losing weight from dietary changes. It happens slowly, but it does happen. You can actually reprogram and strengthen parts of your brain through regular meditation.

I have Panic/Anxiety Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, both well-managed and under control (most of the time; now and then it gets away from me), so I'm speaking from experience.

dreaming90
24th August 2012, 03:57 PM
Stress doesn't come from sources outside of you IMO, it has more to do with how you relate to what's happening around you. One person may fret and worry over the loss of a job, and another may look at it as an interesting opportunity to find a new line of work.

Meditation definitely helps. When I get stressed, I take three deep breaths and ask myself, "Will it matter a year from now?" The answer is almost always no, so why worry about it now? Years come and go like flashes of lightning, gone before you know it.

What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. --Blackfoot Indian proverb

CFTraveler
24th August 2012, 04:41 PM
Many experts (and I agree) have said that not all stress is equal- if you do something stressful that gives you a sense of achievement then it's not harmful- it's the stress of doing tasks that are not fulfilling and fill your time cause deadlines that loom over you that are harmful.

SiriusTraveler
27th August 2012, 08:57 AM
it's the stress of doing tasks that are not fulfilling and fill your time cause deadlines that loom over you that are harmful.
Totally agree. My counter to this is to train yourself into not reacting in a stressfull way. When I do it nowadays, I process the situation, kind of subconsciously, to the point of where I accept the situation/problem for what it is and that I wont be negatively affected by it.
Its like refusing to get stressed out because you know its totally unnecessary to be so. Offcource this kind of behavior is a result of my determination to think that way, so you have to want it to be so.

And other than that, meditation. Meditation is the most awesome thing I know. In my opinion meditation should be done by everyone for a better life.

Edit: I think some people can pick up on others energy to, making them feel the negative emotions or even physical sensations, misstaking it, for example, as stress. I myself tend to feel stress related symptoms in my stomach sometimes, for apparently no reason, just to later realize that there is someone in my vicinity that has negative emotions. This, perhaps, is an empatic trait and I dont think its harmless. Anyhow, just needed to ventilate some thoughts.

Frater.Akenu
14th November 2012, 11:09 AM
Do not avoid stress. Stress is a normal reaction of your body and it is supposed to "charge" your body for maximal effort. Avoiding stress will result into lowering your resistance against stressful situations and you problem will be worse, the point is working with the stress not fighting against it, if you wish we can turn this into private communication and I can help you resolve your problems.