PDA

View Full Version : What the hell....???

christopher nash
30th August 2012, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone.

I had a strange but fun experience last night while trying to AP. I'm new to this and find it difficult at the best of times, but I think I've cracked it.

I was lying in bed and got into a comfortable position on my back trying not to move a single muscle. As I entered a deep trance state I had the usual hypnagogic hallucination (a bright white flash accompanied with a "wooosh"-ing sound). It startled me but I'm getting better at ignoring it. I also noticed the frequency in my head changed to a different tone. Shortly after, I got a first person perspective of me chatting to a slim red-haired woman in her early 20's. She was talking away and laughing, etc. I can't remember meeting someone who looks likes her (just a random person). I couldn't make out or hear anything she said. It's similar to watching something on the TV with no sound on but still quite vivid. After that ended I felt a sensation in my arms and legs that I could not distinguish between them rising or sinking....just a motion. The fear crept in and my heart rate rocketed.

All this was when I'm in deep trance state, no forced imagination, but not in a deep sleep state. I was fairly tired from work and it sounded like a good opportunity anyway.

I'm sure someone on here can relate to this. Did I OBE?

Thanks for reading. :)

dreaming90
30th August 2012, 09:02 PM
It sounds like a dream vignette to me. Dream vignettes are brief mini-dreams that may crop up in deep trance and hypnagogia. My most vivid one is me sitting at a table and talking to a woman, I think this symbolizes a communication with one's anima. Trance work and meditation are great for cracking open one's subconscious.

Congratulations on not getting sucked into the mini-dream and losing lucidity. That happens to me more often than I care to admit.

The sensations in your arms/legs sounds like the beginning of energy sensations. You may have gotten vibrations if you waited a little longer. The fear and heart rate issues should go away as you become more familiar with trance states. :)

It wasn't a full-blown OBE, but you're getting there. Keep doing what you're doing.

SiriusTraveler
31st August 2012, 12:32 PM
It could be that you saw a vision of the future to. Just a possibility.

CFTraveler
31st August 2012, 12:57 PM
All true, you just phased.

christopher nash
31st August 2012, 05:24 PM
@dreaming90: Cheers for the reply. I didn't know what an Anima was until I read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_and_animus Many thanks for that. I might buy some books from Jung to find out more.
I hope the "rising, falling" sensations and pre-vibratory state is a good sign of becoming more successful at AP. I'm very much into the whole subconscious thing and done a fair bit of research into the whole 'Chaos magick' paradigm.

@SiriusTraveler: I hope so. She was really attractive from what I remember ;-)

@CFTraveler: Hi. Could you shed some light on what you meant about 'phased', I'm a little confused on this subject. :-)

CFTraveler
31st August 2012, 09:02 PM
@CFTraveler: Hi. Could you shed some light on what you meant about 'phased', I'm a little confused on this subject. :-)

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?1719-AD-pedia-In-Alphabetical-Order&p=103738#post103738

Should bring you to the 'P' for 'phasing'.

christopher nash
1st September 2012, 12:21 PM
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?1719-AD-pedia-In-Alphabetical-Order&p=103738#post103738

Should bring you to the 'P' for 'phasing'.

Cheers mate.