PDA

View Full Version : Further Adventures in Rhythm Napping Land

Beekeeper
19th May 2006, 10:42 PM
Got a rare chance to experiment again with rhythm napping last night. Here's some of what happened:

I’m sinking into the trance state, observing myself fall asleep. I hear panting/deep breathing (“astral” noise) and am satisfied that I’m getting closer. I’ve spent the first hour or so on my back but at some point I’ve rolled over and I’m lying perfectly still on my side.

I distinctly feel something get into bed with me, behind me. I somehow recognise it as familiar but I don’t know why. I feel it attempt to “attach” to my back and I react with an, “Oh, no you don’t” response. My feelings towards it are as towards a naughty child.

I turn over to prevent it from attaching, shoving it with my right hand. Initially, I think I’ve done this physically but it soon occurs to me that my physical body hasn’t moved at all. Now, though, I’m no longer quite in the mind-awake-body-asleep state.

I concentrate some time on protective measures but I’m surprised that I’m not really that unnerved.

The rest of the experiment is spent in dreams of varying lucidity (not as controlled as on a previous occasion) with some enjoyable flying.

Cheers

Beekeeper
20th May 2006, 03:51 AM
One of last night's lucid dreams was this:

I fly through a fog. There's a gigantic cylinder standing upright. I hear children giggling and I'm drawn to the top. I can't see them but I know they're sitting around the rim. I sit on the rim too.

I can hear a voice giving me cheek. He's saying I have a big nose. I play along, giving cheek as well. Then I say, "let's see who's being so cheeky". I fly across the fog and locate a little face. A cherubic blond toddler, too young for such advanced cheekiness. I see he's beautiful and I say, "Oh, someone with a little button nose like yours shouldn't be so cheeky." He starts to giggle, as do the other unseen children around the rim.

Then I fly off to other landscapes.

But, here's the thing. At my kids' football today my friend, Trish, turns up with her nieces and nephews. She introduces them and, immediately I recognise the youngest, 2 year old Ben, as the toddler from the dream.

This is not the first time I've dreamt a child who I've met the next day. A few weeks ago, while I was bike riding with my kids, I went past a toddler in a pram who I felt was the child I'd dreamt of the night before. She was a dark skinned child, very beautiful. As I rode past, she smiled and said hello. In the dream, she had virtually sat on me and then became very embarrassed when she realised I wasn't her mother.

CFTraveler
20th May 2006, 05:55 PM
Cool. Clairvoyance.

Beekeeper
21st May 2006, 11:40 AM
If only I could have as many OBES as I do instances of prescience!

Beekeeper
3rd June 2006, 07:29 AM
Tried again. Lost most recall. All I've managed to retain is putting my hands through the mattress. Very memorable sensation.

Vivid but not lucid dreams but I did relate the hands through the mattress experience to a dream character later.

No unwelcomed hitchhikers this time.