PDA

View Full Version : Question about dreams and the need to control thoughts

josh437781
10th September 2012, 07:17 PM
A little while ago, I spent several months using affirmations (about 3 hours a day) to attempt to remove a negative energetic thoughtform. Although I had much faith in them and strongly believed they would work in spite of various circumstances, they didn't.

I can not pinpoint exactly why they failed, but there are a couple of things that I suspect may have interfered with my success, and I'm wondering if someone could give me advice for them.

The first is that I made no effort to try to control various thoughts (which often were charged with emotion) and activities that affirmed the opposite of what I was trying to manifest.

I could make an effort to control my thoughts, but there's an obstacle. The problem is that the thoughtform i'm trying to remove is telepathic, and that it frequently talks to me throughout the day, inserts thoughts into my mind, and also does so in my dreams.

I'm wondering if someone could suggest ways, by way of intuition or experience, that I could use to get around all the telepathy and could manifest what i've been trying to. If that means controlling thoughts with all the obstructions, how?

Josh

newfreedom
10th September 2012, 10:01 PM
Hi Josh,

i find all this very interesting when i am able to have some space to engage & think.... (which is not too often unfortunately)

Affirmations never felt right for me, i always felt they were not working and they would feel uncomfortable for me to do, so i couldn't pursue the use of them.

i have learnt to control what i call 'head space' talk to some degree and can nip this in the bud usually quite quickly now, if it is becoming unproductive and the beginnings of crazy~makingness

When i have what i call emotional thoughts, i never try to control them, but only explore them..... once i have explored them and got enough understanding on them, i then do watch myself (if possible) in future times to make sure i donot just repeat these thoughts or responses because of habit, ingrained reactions or automated living.

Again, i check to see if my responses are 'real' in that the emotions are true and if so, true to the present moment or still true to past times.

If my actions or the activities i do are going against what i would want to acheive, then again i would explore my reasons for doing so by thinking and feeling (theeling) into them

i am not so familair with telepathic thoughts, my closest experience with this for myself would be engaging on some level with another and then receiving information in the way of understanding or 'knowing' or knowledge in my head as insights or information as thoughts

So do your telepathic thoughts that you feel are the problem come in as a voice telling you things or how is this, could you give a little more detail as to how you experience these intrusions and how you normally deal with them.... ?

josh437781
10th September 2012, 11:05 PM
Hi Josh,

i find all this very interesting when i am able to have some space to engage & think.... (which is not too often unfortunately)

Affirmations never felt right for me, i always felt they were not working and they would feel uncomfortable for me to do, so i couldn't pursue the use of them.

i have learnt to control what i call 'head space' talk to some degree and can nip this in the bud usually quite quickly now, if it is becoming unproductive and the beginnings of crazy~makingness

When i have what i call emotional thoughts, i never try to control them, but only explore them..... once i have explored them and got enough understanding on them, i then do watch myself (if possible) in future times to make sure i donot just repeat these thoughts or responses because of habit, ingrained reactions or automated living.

Again, i check to see if my responses are 'real' in that the emotions are true and if so, true to the present moment or still true to past times.

If my actions or the activities i do are going against what i would want to acheive, then again i would explore my reasons for doing so by thinking and feeling (theeling) into them

i am not so familair with telepathic thoughts, my closest experience with this for myself would be engaging on some level with another and then receiving information in the way of understanding or 'knowing' or knowledge in my head as insights or information as thoughts

So do your telepathic thoughts that you feel are the problem come in as a voice telling you things or how is this, could you give a little more detail as to how you experience these intrusions and how you normally deal with them.... ?

Thanks for your response. The thoughts that are telepathic usually appear in the same way as normal thoughts. the difference that allows me to label them as telepathic is that they are usually of a nature that's very different from my personality, that they are repetitive, and also are often of a character that is similar to the telepathic voice of the thoughtform.

So, it's usually a combination of an external voice and thoughts together that are heard in my mind. The voice of the thoguhtform does tell me to do things, but I'm not compelled to do them. Usually it seems pretty envious and often tells me to stop doing things i like to do (such as playing the guitar or watching a movie). I usually try to ignore it as best as I can, but when it induces thoughts that go against the affirmations, it's difficult to ignore, and even more so when i'm unconcious and dreaming.

Have methods other than affirmations worked for you?

newfreedom
10th September 2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks for your response. The thoughts that are telepathic usually appear in the same way as normal thoughts. the difference that allows me to label them as telepathic is that they are usually of a nature that's very different from my personality, that they are repetitive, and also are often of a character that is similar to the telepathic voice of the thoughtform.

So, it's usually a combination of an external voice and thoughts together that are heard in my mind. The voice of the thoguhtform does tell me to do things, but I'm not compelled to do them. Usually it seems pretty envious and often tells me to stop doing things i like to do (such as playing the guitar or watching a movie). I usually try to ignore it as best as I can, but when it induces thoughts that go against the affirmations, it's difficult to ignore, and even more so when i'm unconcious and dreaming.

Have methods other than affirmations worked for you?

ok, thankyou for explaining more deeply / fully. I understand now how you recognise them..... sometimes when i am in a more aware space a thought / sentence will be said AND i will know where it is from in terms of ...... my own past voice, others (recorded in my memory ?) past voice or what appears to be present 'other' info. which i relate as my 'spirit teams' voice.

Sometimes i hear a sentence or something and i can't recognise the identity of it's owner...

Well the approach i use is called WholeSoulwork this is my support and my solution to all issues i encounter (see my signature for info. on this) but that is not to say i haven't had to also find my own solutions and do other things as i went along, as i most certainly did have to.

What i did was whatever i had to in the moment just to get through......

so sometimes i would blast my ears, brain & headspace with loud helpful pop music (NB. we all know loud music is known to cause physical damage)
sometimes i would use mantras to hold the space,
sometimes repetative physical movements to get me through,
sometimes changing my focus and attention to a different activity / mode.....

Basically Josh, i had to 'fish' around for whatever 'helped' in that moment to save my sanity and get me to a more settled balanced state. Usually the times where voices & thoughts would be seriously affecting / impacting on me would be extremely intense and i would always be on the 'edge'.

i donot have alot of experience with voices or thoughtforms in less intense spaces....
but i think i wouldn't ignore them, so much as 'ponder' what was being said...... but at the same time also ensure i had the capacity to 'shut' them out / stop them when i had had enough or needed to......

again the ability to have the capacity to shut them out and off is something i have been learning and am still learning.....

i guess for myself the easiest way was/is:-
to have the capacity to decide not to partake anymore with the voices and i would do this most easily by putting my attention elsewhere and doing something different. It also appears to be the ability to be in a different headspace or awareness space, as i am familiar with an unaware space, i do know /recognise what it is i am looking for even if at times i cannot effectively reach it. (i guess for myself it is the ability to 'switch-off' and at that point i don't have to ignore anything because there isn't anything in my awareness to ignore, fight against or block........ hmmmm..... maybe unawarenss does have it's place)

yes, in dreams i have experienced advice and been open to carrying out this advice without any ability to think otherwise or question or seemingly choose differently (mind you, this has also happened to me when in psychosis states too)

Don't really have any solutions as such Josh.... i just sort of try and understand as much as i can as i go along, just keep going doing the best i can at that moment and doing this eventually seems to open things up in a progressive way enabling me slowly to navigate more easily as time goes by.....

Maybe others will have some useful methods that they will / can share that have helped them....

Keep us posted on what approaches you try and how you get on, Josh...... i am very interested and appreciate your post.... gudluck & best wishes xX http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/images/smilies/heart.gif

ButterflyWoman
11th September 2012, 06:38 AM
Just a thought. Try forming the affirmations in the style of a question, rather than a statement. For example:

Why am I so happy all the time?

Why does money flow effortlessly and abundantly into my life?

Why is it so easy to lose weight?

How does it get better than this?

The idea behind this is that when you make a statement that you know isn't true (at least at this point in the space-time continuum), your mind automatically answers with a negative response or, in my mind, a sarcastic one.

I am fit, with a healthy body weight..... (and my mind answers) ...uh, no, actually...

When you form it as a question, it bypasses that tendency, because you're actually creating an opening, or maybe a bit of a puzzle-paradox. It's like making a way for your reality to flow to answer the question.

I haven't worked much with this, though I have a little. I really like "How does it get better than this?" because it can apply to ANYthing, whether you perceive it as good or bad. I can't really speak about specific results, because my reality is pretty fluid and one thing flows into another without a lot of clear "cause and effect" type things (my reality is not like most peoples', though there are probably some folks around here who will identify with what I wrote there about it). I do think it can help break down negative thought patterns, beliefs, etc., and, hey, it can't hurt, so you might as well try it. And if it doesn't work for you, well, try something else.

As for controlling your thoughts, the best thing I know for that is meditation, practiced regularly. You can learn to observe your own thoughts and eventually stop believing them, because you see them for what they are (you'd have to see that for yourself; I can't really explain it other than to say that just because you think it doesn't mean it's valid or important). Developing mental discipline to keep your focus on the things you do want in focus and off the things you want to have fade away (because reality grows where your focus goes!) is just a matter of practice, in my experience. When you find yourself putting focus on stuff you don't want, just gently redirect your focus to what you DO want, instead (and there are lots of ways of doing that).

Mental discipline is just like physical discipline. If you want to learn to play the piano, you practice playing the piano, and you keep at it until you develop good control, etc. Same with physical endeavors like sport or building strength or stamina. You just keep at it until you develop the discipline. It's not especially mysterious. Developing discipline is developing discipline in any area, mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual.

josh437781
14th September 2012, 04:20 AM
Thanks BW. I have recently started using the questions more often.

And to anyone who can awnser:

I've got other questions too. Recently I've been trying to manifest a situation in which I discover a new dollar on the floor. I've been doing this, trying to manifest something small, to build up confidence in this area. And about thoughts that conflict with the intention, I'm having difficulties determining which ones would work against me.

Since I am not presently In the situation I'm trying to manifest and since I'm having thoughts about everything around me, are all of these thoughts preventing me from manifesting what want to?

For example, If i intend to manifest the above mentioned situation and then have thoughts about how nice the clouds are or how much I dislike the enviorment I'm in(with lots of emotion), are thows thoughts erasing the intention? Or do only thoughts that more directly contradictory matter, such as thinking about where the dollar is?

And just another thought... I've heard lots of people say that they've gotten creative visualization to work for them. I suspect that a lot of these people have lives and things that they're required to do that trigger thoughts and situations that produce thoughts about their enviorment and themselves in certain situations. Does anyone have an idea why people say have experienced sucess when using these visualized images when it's likely that there have been many things in their lives that contained thoughts about actions not involving the ones of themselves in the visualized image?