PDA

View Full Version : I'm not underwater gosh darn it.

gavi dvan
20th May 2006, 06:12 AM
Just managed to hit another lucid dream the other afternoon after a lengthy dry patch. I noticed something that has happened before but it was exteremly noticeable this time.

I was completely aware that I was dreaming, but movement was extremely difficult...it was just like the sensation of being underwater, but not swimming. I was sitting on a stool, but trying to spin myself around on the stool, and then doing a hand gesture to call someone closer, was a hard and slow process, as if I wasn't in air but in water. (In the dream I was not in water at all and everything else acts normally. It's just my control over my own actions.) I lost the dream probably not even one minute into it.
I don't know if I was maybe subconciously afraid of waking myself up or something. I do remember thinking in the dream how much of a pain in the arse it was that I couldn't bring myself to just move normally.

Anyone else gotten this?

Any advice how to overcome this!

Thanks in advance.

Freawaru
20th May 2006, 08:35 AM
Yes, I remeber these kind of dreams from my teens when I did hatha yoga on a regular basis. I also often dreamed I had problems to open my eyes, couldn't move as fast as I wanted, half or full paralysis and stuff like that. I am not sure but I think these kind of dreams come when one stimulates the etherical and/or astral body but cannot take full control and separate it from the physical, yet. The mind get's confused by the double sensation of the physical and the etherical/astral.

Just a speculation!

In my dreams and AP I did not have problems with moving for many years now - though I still have trouble with seeing sometimes. Maybe I need to do more energy work on the third eye.