PDA

View Full Version : Manifesting Money

dreaming90
15th September 2012, 01:39 PM
I can't believe I'm posting this... :oops:

Long story short, my family of five is well below the poverty line, not a lot of job opportunities in rural Maine, I'm only working 20 hours a week at a minimum wage job. We're crammed into a two-bedroom apartment because that's all we can afford. Last month my wife and I sat down and had a serious discussion about whether to buy diapers or come up short on the rent. I do not like having these discussions.

I've manifested $1,000 once, and only once, when life was much easier. Now I am frankly too distressed to even really try.

My guides assure me that everything will be okay and then promptly disappear, as is their way, I suppose.

So... any advice... I guess? I try writing down affirmations and doing them daily, but nothing is going on. Like I said, most of my affirmations are tinged with negativity because of the difficult living situation.

CFTraveler
15th September 2012, 04:17 PM
I would say, try to remember the past incident and isolate the feeling of getting this money, if possible- make it a part of your meditation, and try to get into a 'connecting with Spirit' type of mode first, before going into the specific. I think step 2 is even more important than step one.

DarkChylde
15th September 2012, 04:23 PM
Hi dreaming90 ,
I think that if you've manifested money once you can do it again , you just need to whittle off the negativity around that as in "but back then this was this and that was that" just let go of what was different and that's the reason why you manifested and have it at it again as in "been there done it and now doing it again".
I don't do affirmations they feel too corny and very frankly feel "fake" others can obviously disagree as is their right , but for me they are just too cheesy so your'e obviously not alone in affirmations falling short of desired effect.
I'm going to write in more later but atm i'm unwell to the point of barely being able to sit up and type , but will drop in with more input for sure :-)

CFTraveler
15th September 2012, 04:26 PM
You can do them in your head, you know. So you don't have to feel cheesy while doing them.
Since in my house we have the same beliefs, I have cleverly placed affirmations in places where the family can see them- bathroom mirror, the office, the bedrooms, so we benefit and no one else has to look at us funny.

ButterflyWoman
15th September 2012, 06:06 PM
I sent you a PM.

dreaming90
16th September 2012, 01:32 AM
Well, here's the story behind the $1,000 I manifested.

I watched The Secret after I heard a friend talk about it and thought it was a little too cheesy and New Age-y for my tastes. But, I decided to give it a shot, since that was only fair. I wrote down an affirmation that was something like, "I will receive $1,000 of unexpected income within the next 30 days." I read this affirmation daily, but soon grew bored and frustrated, so I threw it out.

When we were working on our budget for the next month, we found that we had $950 more than we expected. I was quite surprised by this. I said "So, that's like $1,000 in unexpected income," to which my wife agreed.

But now, there are many things in life that just aren't going well. It's more than just money. But right now, paying the bills is my first priority, so I need to find a way to manifest that money again...

Sinera
16th September 2012, 09:59 AM
Very recently, I'd probably manifested the "possibilty" to get money which I also desperately need. A dream the night before also 'announced' this possibility to me (with me not being aware then) and afterwards it happened 'really' in the physical and it dawned on me what the dream was about really: a preparation (with "other people") for this occasion to come about.

It seems though that I let it pass due to attached 'bad karma' or a 'bad feel', at least in my view. So the occasion seems to have passed and I am even happy about it. Most of it is to finance my healer path (and be able to rent a flat of my own again) so the goal is already a good ('karma') one. But the means wasn't good, it didn't feel good to me. It seems it was my (subconscious or even conscious) 'decision' not to accept and take it thus because it didn't feel too right to me.

I'm also, like you, still trying hard to get money by 'good karma' but it seems difficult. I'm actually trying for a long time now without success to reach sth with good karma (referring to the way / means to get the money).

LPCF
16th September 2012, 07:38 PM
Many, many, years ago, I knew a English person who became a Russian Orthodox monk. He once said to me, "When we're short of money, we give some money away. We always get more back afterwards. It never fails!"

Worth a try? Perhaps you could do some good deeds, if you can't afford to donate money? Perhaps putting some good karma into the universe will bring you back something you desperately need? Warmest best wishes to you, and positive thoughts for a rapid improvement in your situation.

DarkChylde
16th September 2012, 08:15 PM
i'm not really getting what good karma and nice deeds have to do with all this .

CFTraveler
16th September 2012, 11:23 PM
It's old-fashioned metaphysics, also known as "the law of circulation". Here are two examples of the mention of this metaphysical 'law'.
http://www.illuminatedreality.com/metaphysics.html
http://www.mindreality.com/law-of-circulation-flow-of-giving-and-receiving
A bit cheesily explained, but there's another way to explain it:
The universe abhors a vacuum. Get rid of something and something else will come into your life to fill the space that the other thing occupied. If you fear you don't have enough to give, give something of similar quality. That's the general gist.

ButterflyWoman
17th September 2012, 04:12 AM
If you fear you don't have enough to give, give something of similar quality.
Also note that fear, itself, is a blocking agent. When you're tense, fearful, etc., you're not really in a state to receive. You're not open to it. You're clinging so hard to your perception of lack that you can't be open to abundance. When you make the effort to give something away (doesn't have to be money; you can give away time, expertise, storage space, food you grow in your garden, pretty much anything), it helps you to let go of that perception (which is based in fear) that you haven't got enough, that there isn't any more, that it's hard to get what you need, etc.

I have struggled with this one for decades. Fear is always the enemy.

CFTraveler
17th September 2012, 04:14 AM
Yes! Exactly.

SiriusTraveler
17th September 2012, 05:43 AM
In my own experience Iv manifested things when I deply wanted them, at least mostly then. It took alot of energy to do that so I can see why someone would not want to go that way. But a difference is that I didnt know about affirmations at the time. They probably make a huge difference.
Iv read online about a person who manifested the winner numbers for a lottery, and got rich. Offcource we are all different about what we want to manifest and what we think is reasonable. Perhaps the problem is that we see a limit to how much we can manifest. Who knows what we could do if we truly believed in it :)

Sinera
17th September 2012, 10:13 AM
Many, many, years ago, I knew a English person who became a Russian Orthodox monk. He once said to me, "When we're short of money, we give some money away. We always get more back afterwards. It never fails!"

Worth a try? Perhaps you could do some good deeds, if you can't afford to donate money? Perhaps putting some good karma into the universe will bring you back something you desperately need? Warmest best wishes to you, and positive thoughts for a rapid improvement in your situation.
In my case I am alreay doing this. Donations for some disaster relief all over the world. I also have a sponsorship for a child in an SOS children's village in Africa with a monthly payment. It so far never occurred to me to cancel this payment to save money. I won't do this. I also have this belief that sth might come back and the insight that despite my 'problems' the majority of people in this world live under poorer and much more precarious circumstances as a lot of us (Westerners) do.

dreaming90
17th September 2012, 11:17 AM
My wife and I were actually planning on sponsoring a child in Africa, but never went through with it due to financial difficulties. I think we will go ahead and do it anyway... I've been feeling guilty about it lately.

ButterflyWoman
17th September 2012, 04:49 PM
In my own experience Iv manifested things when I deply wanted them, at least mostly then.
I manifest stuff that I've only mentioned in passing but which I'm sincerely interested in experiencing. Lately, it happens with amusing and sometimes alarming frequency. I've also manifested things I deeply wanted, but I find those things MUCH more difficult to bring about, because of the aforementioned fear and that "frantic energy" that comes from feeling afraid (because you want something so much you're afraid you won't get it). That sort of desire can create a bottleneck that prevents manifestation from happening. Well.... it's not the desire, it's the fear that you won't get the thing you desire. That's where the resistance is.

red_eye
17th October 2012, 08:52 PM

Just 3 weeks ago my fiance and I were looking for a cat from the local shelters for our son. I haven't been to work in 60 days because i was recovering from a surgery. Needless to say we were low on money. As we were looking and seeing the pictures of all these cats it made us want one even more. We found a particular cat and called the shelter to see how about going to adopt her, they wanted $60 for the cat which is not bad at all considering she was spayed and up to date on all shots. We planned on going to an adoption event the next day at a new pet store in town. We talked about the cats initial needs after we get her and realized it would not be financially feasible.

So my Fiance got on craigs list and saw a posting of a 8 month old cat that was fixed and up to date on all shots. He would come with a pet carrier, a nice litter box, 2 scratching post, a food and water bowl, cat treats, toys, a bag of cat food, and a bag of cat litter. every thing he would need was there! For free! We got the cat and on the way home stopped by the new pet store in town to get the cat a collar. as we were checking out the cashier asked my fiance would she like to donate a dollar to the local shelters, she did and i just thought it was a donation as did my Fiance but was told to put your name and number on the paper. We thought it would be like one of those donations that allow you to put your name on a slip and they tape it to the wall.

A week later, she gets a call from the pet store that she had won the raffle. it was a 10 gallon aquarium filled up with dog and cat toys and treats and bones and just a bunch of stuff. it made us feel soo good that the universe is responding to us!

CFTraveler
17th October 2012, 10:22 PM
:heart:
:thumbsup:

Giorgia
24th June 2014, 12:19 PM
Yes , how to manifest money ? I must admit that i don't believe that money grows on trees and are very easy to come and so on ...
I kind of manifested once a ten € note and that's it ; i thought 'i want to find a note on the groung' (never done as i can recall) and after a couple months or so i found one over a shop counter ,good coincidence ...but my beliefs on money are not often aligned to easy money or on larger amounts.Tips anyone ?

CFTraveler
24th June 2014, 03:22 PM
The only tip I can give you is to work on your beliefs.