PDA

View Full Version : I need feedback from the members

CFTraveler
18th September 2012, 11:12 PM
Some time ago someone complained that it was difficult to navigate this forum due to the stickied journals. This comes to my mind every now and then, and I wonder if it's a problem for most people.
Now I like being able to find my journal and I suspect others do to, but it's kind of a nightmare for anyone to try to read whatever else is in the forum itself other than the journals.
So I've been toying with the idea of changing it- either 'unsticking' the journals and letting them fall where they may, or making another subforum for journals only. It would be work but I think that we can manage them when things get slow.
So I'd like to see if you can post comments on whether I should do any of this, leave things alone. I'm going to make a poll so you can click on whatever you prefer.

dreaming90
18th September 2012, 11:36 PM
It can be a little tedious to scroll down when there are a lot of journals stickied, but I think everyone should be able to find their journals too. A journals sub-form is the best compromise IMO.

ButterflyWoman
19th September 2012, 04:02 AM
I'm not bothered by it, but putting the journals in a sub-forum has been something we discussed once, as I recall. It seems like a perfectly valid option. I believe on this system you can even put a subforum underneath a subforum.

Neil Templar
19th September 2012, 11:21 AM
Subforum. :)

CFTraveler
19th September 2012, 02:41 PM
So far 'make a journals' section is winning.

LPCF
21st September 2012, 07:28 PM
Totally agree. Journals section has my vote, too!

Barry
21st September 2012, 08:07 PM
It doesn't bother me that much, like other said, an extra sub-forum would be the best way :).

newfreedom
22nd September 2012, 12:32 PM
Another subforum for journals only sounds like a good solution, so that's what i voted for xx

Sinera
22nd September 2012, 01:50 PM
I did so many cross-links in some of my posts to other previous entries of mine in that journal, which would mean they'd become broken then (right?). It's what disturbs me a little with this, otherwise I wouldn't care. Seems I cannot prevent it anyway, as the poll trend shows: So be it. :|

CFTraveler
22nd September 2012, 02:14 PM
No, when you move a post the location index-thingie moves with it. I'm not sure I understand how it works, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Sinera
22nd September 2012, 04:05 PM
No, when you move a post the location index-thingie moves with it. I'm not sure I understand how it works, but it shouldn't be a problem.
I love location-index-thingies.
:love:

That's my super high-tech speak for you. :cool:
-CF

CFTraveler
28th September 2012, 12:56 PM
All Journals and diaries have been moved to the new Journals section. It's located in the General section, right above the OOT forum.