PDA

View Full Version : Very exciting progress- what do you make of this

Edenjack
19th September 2012, 10:55 PM
hello,
I had a very exciting development last night so excited I can barely type- I have always been a lucid dreamer but last night I realised in my dream that it was a dream so I started flying down the street then it went dark (I think I woke abit) but soon fell back into the dream and began again started flying and kept it going , now what is different is I had so much control like being awake talking- I remembered to try to look at my hands I looked at my arms they were a nice pinkish colour different to my physical arms -then I keep flying around not far off the ground , I came to a house or shop and went up to the window bumped my face on it then reminded myself its an dream or obe and I can go straight through it so then I did and I felt the texture of the glass going through !
I started saying now I'm out of body over and over in the dream as I had so much control over it and then i decided to fly up and started saying my deceased daughters name to go to her over and over which is something I do now while lucid dreaming . Its kind of like trying to think of something to do and that takes over every time !
As I was going through the roof which I also felt the wood etc and then into the night?
I started to worry about lower planes and entities and I got scared and finished the dream..
Now I have read so many books on OBE hence I feel I was able to create such an interesting accurate description of an obe in an dream - I had amazing control within it but I dont think it was an obe as it wasn't as real as "real life", it was more like a dream world I had control in but not - I dont know so hard to describe but I feel it was a dream .
I am so rapt to have experienced this though!

PauliEffect
20th September 2012, 12:29 AM
Could it be a very good LD which was on the road to turn into an OBE?

Edenjack
20th September 2012, 02:49 AM
Yes that's exactly what it is! I was trying to remember in the dream as i was given instructions on how to exit when in a lucid dream but in the dream I just couldn't recall what it was, I remember now after looking it up and looking forward to next one :D

CFTraveler
20th September 2012, 12:31 PM
When you become lucid in a dream you open up the capability to have an astral projection (that is, a projection to the astral plane, not exactly an OBE) by leaving the scenario you're at. By evoking your daughter's name you may have directed yourself to the afterlife zone but aborted it before getting there.
Yes, you can have an astral projection from a dream, there are various techniques about it in the forums. (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?7866-Methods-to-Project-or-OB-from-Lucid-Dream&p=66880#post66880)

Edenjack
20th September 2012, 11:36 PM
Yes, I just felt lost as I was shooting up like I didn't know what to do and got bored and worried as I couldn't imagine the next part.
I shall read the forums and I am still so blown away and thrilled by my experience .

SiriusTraveler
21st September 2012, 08:24 AM
Sounds like the shooting up part felt like my own dream experience did, only thing was I ended up in a tunnel experience and then in the void. Can read it here if you like (http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?13976-Sirius-Spontaneous-OBE-or-something-like-that). Mine was not counscioussly induced tough, as I was not in a lucid dream from the start.

Edenjack
21st September 2012, 09:23 AM
Love your experience Sirius, will try to remind myself not to be afraid next time :shock:

Edenjack
30th October 2012, 11:09 PM
Hi,
I experienced another very good lucid dream last night, very disappointed as it didn't go to plan the way I hoped.
I woke suddenly during my dream (in my dream) was very happy control wasn't as significant as my previous one. I started shouting go to Eden (my deceased daughter) put my arms up like rocket man and kept going didn't get scared but slipped into sleep somewhere in it and just kept dreaming about usual dream stuff - no projection :(.
I feel like I've stopped being sensitive to things like I've platoed (not correct spelling) any tips to increase my sensitivity I'm still as keen as ever might be ever so slightly less enthusiastic .

CFTraveler
31st October 2012, 02:32 AM
just kept dreaming about usual dream stuff - no projection . I'm just curious, what kind of experience did you expect to have?

CFTraveler
31st October 2012, 02:34 AM
just kept dreaming about usual dream stuff - no projection . I'm just curious about this. What kind of experience did you expect?

Edenjack
31st October 2012, 04:31 AM
I was hoping to go to the afterlife zone or experience astral projection

CFTraveler
31st October 2012, 01:46 PM
The thing is, that a dream is an astral projection that is happening in your subconscious, and if you project from a dream (you are already projected, the trick is to go from a private 'area' to a collective one) you will not feel any different than a regular dream, except that there is a distinct feeling of going from one place to another (sometimes there are delineation marks, scenery changes, or phase-shift changes that are felt, like traveling through a tunnel or something similar) and the knowledge that this is not 'regular' dreaming, but knowing you are 'somewhere else', a dream or an altered state.
So what you call 'experiencing other dreams' could have been an astral projection.
When you said you lost lucidity, do you mean you forgot you were dreaming and acted as in every dream, as if everything was normal, or something else?

Edenjack
31st October 2012, 09:44 PM
I guess I was hoping for a tunnel experience and increased clarity and better yet the afterlife, I did fall back into dreaming and just carried on the dreaming as I usually would.
It was just a dream that went no where. sigh
I will persist

CFTraveler
31st October 2012, 10:30 PM
Tunnel experiences are not the only way you can transition into a collective area. Most of the time they signal that you are having a third-eye projection, but this is probably not a rule.
The method of flying away fast is good, but try doing it at an angle with the intention of getting to the void (starry void) and maybe you can have a more 'traditional' astral projection by directing yourself to one of the stars, looking for a grid pattern, or simply thinking of your body to find yourself in bed with vibrations, and then exiting to the real time zone for an OBE.
Unfortunately no projection is "cookie cutter", all are different and you can't expect to have the same identical projection as everyone else.

However, achieving lucidity in a dream is a big thing, and if you can continue to do so all kinds of experiences are possible.