PDA

View Full Version : how to open my third eye

immortal_wisdom
20th September 2012, 01:55 PM
I've come across alot of bad information about actual practices to open the third eye chakra
And I really Trust this forum members to give the best techniques for that
I appreciate your help

CFTraveler
20th September 2012, 04:50 PM
First of all, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll tell you my opinion and insights.
First of all, there are many ways to open your third eye-directly (through energy work) and indirectly, by doing visualization exercises. All are helpful, and I don't think one is better than the other- more than that, I think they are complementary. The symbolic way (to mentally open it as if it were an eye) works through symbology, but I don't think that is enough- it certainly doesn't 'do it' for me.

If you are going to use energy work (as in tactile visualization) I recommend that you don't see the third eye as a thing that has to be 'turned on', but as a part of a complex network, and should be worked after working the other chakras. Much has been written about this, but the short of it is that it's a balance thing- you have to have your 'feet on the ground' to aim high to be a complete human being.
So if doing energy work start at the bottom and end on the top, and then do the techniques.

An indirect but very effective way to work on the third eye is through visualization, Bardon Style- There is an exercise in IIH that is amazingly effective. You bring an object into your field of vision, stare at it for a few minutes, then close your eyes and try to 'see' it, if only for a moment. Continue doing this, trying to hold the image in your mind for longer, until you can hold if for a few minutes. Start with simple objects, and as you master them continue with more complicated objects.

Another exercise that I find invaluable for this is an exercise that was written about (or invented, I don't know) by either Robert Bruce or Brian Mercer, and appears in MAP as an energy body loosening exercise (I think, it may not be that, have to double-check) in front of you, touching it with your energy hands. Continue this visualization clockwise, opening your eyes if you must if you 'lose' the visualization. For me, the hardest thing to do was to do the wall behind me, my body wanted to follow. But as a clairvoyance exercise, it's great, IMO.

There are others, but these are my favorites, always stopping if you get a headache or tense muscles.

immortal_wisdom
20th September 2012, 08:24 PM
First of all, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll tell you my opinion and insights.
First of all, there are many ways to open your third eye-directly (through energy work) and indirectly, by doing visualization exercises. All are helpful, and I don't think one is better than the other- more than that, I think they are complementary. The symbolic way (to mentally open it as if it were an eye) works through symbology, but I don't think that is enough- it certainly doesn't 'do it' for me.

If you are going to use energy work (as in tactile visualization) I recommend that you don't see the third eye as a thing that has to be 'turned on', but as a part of a complex network, and should be worked after working the other chakras. Much has been written about this, but the short of it is that it's a balance thing- you have to have your 'feet on the ground' to aim high to be a complete human being.
So if doing energy work start at the bottom and end on the top, and then do the techniques.

An indirect but very effective way to work on the third eye is through visualization, Bardon Style- There is an exercise in IIH that is amazingly effective. You bring an object into your field of vision, stare at it for a few minutes, then close your eyes and try to 'see' it, if only for a moment. Continue doing this, trying to hold the image in your mind for longer, until you can hold if for a few minutes. Start with simple objects, and as you master them continue with more complicated objects.

Another exercise that I find invaluable for this is an exercise that was written about (or invented, I don't know) by either Robert Bruce or Brian Mercer, and appears in MAP as an energy body loosening exercise (I think, it may not be that, have to double-check) in front of you, touching it with your energy hands. Continue this visualization clockwise, opening your eyes if you must if you 'lose' the visualization. For me, the hardest thing to do was to do the wall behind me, my body wanted to follow. But as a clairvoyance exercise, it's great, IMO.

There are others, but these are my favorites, always stopping if you get a headache or tense muscles.

CFTRAVELER Thanks This was an easy exercise and very effective I started to see strange colored shapes around everything When I first Did it
thanks again I think You should Write a Book I will be the first To purchase
Thanks

DarkChylde
20th September 2012, 08:40 PM
You should Write a Book I will be the first To purchase
Thanks

:thumbsup:

SiriusTraveler
21st September 2012, 08:12 AM
I find that my third eye activates alot when doing regular energy work. Even when not doing energy work it can suddently activate, but this is probably due to the fact that Im regularly doing energy work. Also while doing chakra stimulation my third eye usually have activated before I have come to that chakra. I have come across alot of posts on forums saying their third eye easily activates when doing energy work/chakra stimulation etc. So besides what CFT says I believe that regular energy work or chakra stimulation does the trick for you.
(If I write energy work one more time i will go crazy).

CFTraveler
21st September 2012, 02:07 PM
:D
But EW doesn't really convey.... :whatthe: :D

susan
1st October 2012, 08:01 PM
Hi, I think I was shown an exercise for the third eye whilst I was sleeping. Woke up and remembered a dream.
I was shown into a classroom of young children waiting to start school.
They were all standing in a line holding a different coloured baloon on a piece of string.
I had to watch each different coloured balloon going up to the ceiling and back down one at a time.
I used the colours of the chakras and turned the balloons into different fruits relevant to the colour.
As each fruit came down I peeled it or cut it open
I find this has realy helped along with the NEWS for the third eye.

SiriusTraveler
2nd October 2012, 11:05 AM
So you "peel" the chakras or what are you saying? :) If so, it almost sounds like the same as the practises in MAP.

iadnon
8th October 2012, 07:18 PM
This is a technique by Aunt Clair:
-------------------------------

Through NEW, ascend energy from your feet, to the root chakra up to the heart one. Once there make it ascend to the third eye, while, at the same time, you descend another flow from the crown chakra to the third eye.

Once you've guided both flows inside the skull through the third eye (in the inhalation process), expand the cloud of energy inside the skull so a ray of violet light comes out of your 3rd chakra, the rear 3rd chakra, the ears and the eyes.

By RB:
--------

Realize your closing eyes while you're falling asleep, and the effort you do to make them stay open. Once you know that sensation transfer it to the 3rd eye. With closed eyes make an imagination attempt to open the 3rd eye using that same intent.

Another one by Robert:
----------------------
(copy&paste)

The practice of 'body image' work, as I call it, begins the development of 'sight' of seeing through closed eyelids.

Tonight when it is dark and you are in bed, lay on your back and close your eyes. Hold your arms out wide.

Gaze straight ahead through your closed eyelids.

Focus on your right hand with body awareness.

Open and close your hand, spread your fingers and rotate your wrist. Keep moving it.

Without changing the direction of your closed eye gaze, straight ahead, observer to your right with your peripheral vision as you move your hand.

You will notice 'movement' there. Visual movement. Something pale is visually moving where your hand is.

It is utterly impossible to visually see this movement with your physical eyes.

Your Third Eye...brow chakra reception is picking up this movement with a level of energy sight.

Repeat the above with your left hand. Then with both hands. Then move your arms and hands over your face at a distance (arms stretched out a bit).

Then focus on your feet and repeat the above.

Then focus on your legs, torso, head, and etc. Become aware of your whole body if you can.

This type of 'sight' will improve with practice.

Its not quite as accurate as normal vision, but it will develop into a kind of night sight that will allow you, with practice, to navigate a dark area, like your home at night with the lights out.

I've taught this to a lot of people in my live workshops and so far, about 99% of people get this quickly.

Another interesting thing to do is to charge up your hands with ework, and just like how you would do the two person exercise, moving in and out to sense each other's energy fields with your hands held out... do this with a wall, with your eyes closed. Walk slowly towards the wall with eyes closed. Sense with your hands. Just like how you will sense another person's energy field, you will also sense that of the wall. And you will know when you are close to it through the sensations.

Both these things, the energy sight and the body awareness sensing, can be used together.

This gets better the more you use it.

CFTraveler
8th October 2012, 07:28 PM
This is a technique by Aunt Clair:
-------------------------------

Through NEW, ascend energy from your feet, to the root chakra up to the heart one. Once there make it ascend to the third eye, while, at the same time, you descend another flow from the crown chakra to the third eye.

Once you've guided both flows inside the skull through the third eye (in the inhalation process), expand the cloud of energy inside the skull so a ray of violet light comes out of your 3rd chakra, the rear 3rd chakra, the ears and the eyes.

From RB:
--------

Realize your closing eyes while you're falling asleep, and the effort you do to make them stay open. Once you know that sensation transfer it to the 3rd eye. With closed eyes make an imagination attempt to open the 3rd eye using that same intent. Both awesome. Will have to try them, even combine them.

iadnon
8th October 2012, 07:34 PM
My dear friend CFTraveler,

Check again my previous post, I've added another one.

CFTraveler
8th October 2012, 07:41 PM
My dear friend CFTraveler,

Check again my previous post, I've added another one. Thanks- I already do that one. I started doing this to test whether what I was seeing was a hallucination or the actual environment, and now I do it when I remember to.

dreaming90
9th October 2012, 12:24 AM
Hi, I think I was shown an exercise for the third eye whilst I was sleeping. Woke up and remembered a dream.
I was shown into a classroom of young children waiting to start school.
They were all standing in a line holding a different coloured baloon on a piece of string.
I had to watch each different coloured balloon going up to the ceiling and back down one at a time.
I used the colours of the chakras and turned the balloons into different fruits relevant to the colour.
As each fruit came down I peeled it or cut it open
I find this has realy helped along with the NEWS for the third eye.

That sounds like a good dreamstate lesson, the feeling of being in a "school" with others usually gives it away. :)