PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Meditation Topic

CFTraveler
21st September 2012, 10:28 PM
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,4729.msg14240/topicseen.html#new

Even if you're an expert meditator there will be something that will benefit you.
Enjoy.

dreaming90
22nd September 2012, 12:17 PM
Very nice! I've always done these fragments in an isolated way, it's interesting to see them put together in a specific order... I'll have to try it when I get home tonight.

SiriusTraveler
22nd September 2012, 05:24 PM
Wow,this was gold. Thanks alot cft!

Its nice to get perspective on the states Iv experienced when reading the article. Sometimes its nice to be able to relate to some kind of "dictionary".

SiriusTraveler
24th September 2012, 05:28 AM
Tried this yesterday. Found it extremely hard to get clearminded with the black/white screen technique described in there. Regular breath awareness was easier even though my mind never got totaly still and clear. I find it a bit frustrating that I can sink deep into trance faster with Hemisynch than without, as I want to go deep with just earplugs.

Any other suggestions on how to get a clear mind from step 3 in this guide?

CFTraveler
24th September 2012, 12:33 PM
Listen to your own earhiss. It's what works for me.

SiriusTraveler
24th September 2012, 04:00 PM
Im into that now CFT, but thank you for the advice. The hard part is to be able to listen for an extended period of time to the earhiss. My mind wanders way to easily. Need more eperience.

SiriusTraveler
24th September 2012, 05:57 PM
Just meditated and focused as much as I could on my breathing for this session. It went well. Better than I thougt. Will do this alot more.

CFTraveler
24th September 2012, 06:25 PM
There is a small publication I got (pdf) somewhere (maybe it was here, maybe it was somewhere else) that, as part of its content, lists meditation objects by suitability of character. I'm reading it now, so I don't know how helpful it would be, and the first chapters may be tedious to you, but if you want to take a look at it I'll direct you thusly.

SoulSail
25th September 2012, 01:05 AM
I enjoyed this as well. Vipassana usually tackles relaxation, focus, and insight in progressive stages and honestly, I've never even thought to tackle them all in one session, but that's what he's doing here.

I also find it helpful (with opposites) to try to imaging something, say, the concept of 7, but I don't allow myself to think about the way the number looks or is spelled, no thinking the word, etc. What IS 7? Just try it.

And on the itches, boy, I could've saved myself a year of trying to deal with face itching by reading this. I finally started going into the itches and any body pains, dumping all my focus into them in a curious manner. Behold, they stop fairly quick.

This is great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Soul

Robust
6th December 2013, 07:45 AM
Meditation is a strategy that anyone can use to help them deal with healthcare circumstances, stress, and depression by way of believed, consideration, and expression. The objective of meditation is to make our mind calm and peaceful. If our mind is relaxing, we will be totally exempt from worries and psychological discomfort, and so we will encounter real happiness; but if our mind is not relaxing, we will find it very challenging to be satisfied, even if we are residing in the very best circumstances.

adamprowse personal trainer (http://www.ourpatch.com.au/newcastle/categories/fitness-facilities-trainers/businesses/294663-adam-prowse-personal-trainer---maitland-boot-camp/)