PDA

View Full Version : Resonant Tuning-- what's the point?

dreaming90
27th September 2012, 12:57 PM
I've always wondered about this...

In the Gateway Wave 1 CD, part of the process of moving into Focus 10 is resonant tuning, where the listener sings or hums in resonance with voices on the CD. I'm just wondering-- why? I don't have a problem doing the resonant tuning, but it just doesn't seem to fit in the with the rest of the CD. The Gateway Manual states that resonant tuning is important.

The only theory I have is that singing and chanting have been known to increase CO2 levels in the blood, resulting in more spiritual states of consciousness. But I think this is a bit far-fetched.

SiriusTraveler
27th September 2012, 01:04 PM
The humming to me sounds alot loke the traditional Ohm. Perhaps Monroe had come across something in his journeys he aint explaning to us. I always thought it made my brain sync to the frequencies somehow but now when I think of it, I really dont know.

CFTraveler
27th September 2012, 01:23 PM
Here's Robert's answer: (Bruce, not Monroe)
http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?7303-Monroe-s-Resonant-Tuning-VS-NEW-energy-raising&p=74738#post74738

As part of research, I found some people said that it helped bring on vibes (or synch to them), like saying a mantra.

Sinera
27th September 2012, 01:40 PM
It's also said to stimulate or align you with the pineal gland by producing the inner (physical?) vibrations. It is said in this variation of the technique which I came across recenlty. It says to purse the lips and put the tongue between your teeth while chanting. Yields a very vibratory and tickling effect sometimes.

Here's a vid on this (ignore the other new agey stuff) with a bookmark for the explanation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QTylcNNzLY#t=5m34s

CFTraveler
27th September 2012, 02:31 PM
:D

dreaming90
27th September 2012, 03:53 PM
That may explain why it never really worked for me-- I hummed along instead of intoning the AUM sound. I actually feel a little silly for not thinking of that sooner. Now if I only I can find my CD... :?

PauliEffect
29th September 2012, 07:00 PM
I could think of one more reason, the sound is kind of relaxing and
reduces the "monkey chatter" in the brain. I did it to some extent,
but don't do the sound much anymore.