PDA

View Full Version : Reccomend Books

Dais
22nd May 2006, 05:26 PM
I was looking for some opions on good books for all are basic intrests here Astral, healing, meditation ect. I will keep a log of the books that are recommended and look into each. So that I may help others refrence in the future.

Please state full titles of Books and writers names.

Thank you for helping

CFTraveler
22nd May 2006, 07:26 PM
Robert Bruce wrote Astral Dynamics
Robert & Brian Mercer wrote Mastering Astral Projection
Scott Rogo wrote Leaving the Body
and William Buhlman wrote Adventures Beyond the Body.

edit after a few years:
Robert Monroe wrote all three:
Journeys out of the Body
Far Journeys
Ultimate Journey
Liked them all, the first and third for different reasons.
Still haven't read Bruce Moen or Kurt Leland but plan to.
CF on edit, Sept. 6, 2007

Aunt Clair
23rd May 2006, 12:52 AM
"what she said ", lol
&
as above so below
Practical Psychic Self Defense -Robert Bruce
Book of Enoch -Keys of Knowledge -James Hurtak
A Little Light on Ascension -Diana Cooper
Tarot vol 1 -Connolly
anything by Mantak Chia

Classics by the Deceased
Initiation into Hermetics -Franz Bardon
The Ascension Handbook -Dr. Joshua David Stone
23 volumes ... Alice Bailey

Gnostic Texts , Apocrypha and Sacred Scriptures
Pistis Sophia
Emerald Tablet of Thoth
Gospel of Judas
New and Old Testament of the Bible

kalki
23rd May 2006, 02:35 PM
l found Robert petersons book very good.He's got the first free for online reading:
http://www.robertpeterson.org/obebook.html

He's got a second one in print too:
http://www.robertpeterson.org/

Freawaru
23rd May 2006, 05:34 PM
For meditation in Buddhism (vipassana):

"Heartwood of the Bodhi Tree; the Buddha's Teaching on Voidness" by Buddhadasa Bhikkhu

http://www.buddhanet.net/budasa.htm

chips
10th August 2006, 03:50 AM
"Mastering astral projection" by Robert Bruce
"Unleash your psychic powers" by Dr. Bruce Goldberg
"Practical Psychic self-defense" by dr. Bruce Goldberg (this was actually written by Robert Bruce)
"secrets of a medium" by i forgot
"How to heal with color" by Tom Andrews
"The Psychic is you" by Kathlyn Rhea
"Speak with the Dead" by konstantino

Bluelq
12th August 2006, 04:08 AM
I have an older book from Konstantino "Summoning Spirits" and I would say to try and read a sample before purchasing. In my opinion he is definitely on the limits of intention. Even if what he describes is accurate, the actual actions of doing so seem to me too complex and extremely dangerous for the novice. I personally read the book, and put it aside. Just a note of caution.

chips
12th August 2006, 04:21 AM
oh my bad. sometimes i get Dr. bruce goldberg confused with robert bruce (because of their last names). i also get them mixed up with robert peterson (because of his first name). and also robert monroe.

12th August 2006, 05:33 AM
chips said:

oh my bad. sometimes i get Dr. bruce goldberg confused with robert bruce (because of their last names). i also get them mixed up with robert peterson (because of his first name). and also robert monroe.
Six degrees of separation.... :D

Ain Soph
13th August 2006, 01:28 AM
The Slyvan Muldoon books are classics on Astral Projection.

chips
13th August 2006, 03:42 AM
chips said:

Six degrees of separation.... :D
heh heh yeah. the konstantinos books are definetely not good for beginners. it dosent explain anything about repelling Negs or anything. but it goes in depth with rituals on summoning random spirits.

Kalonek
13th August 2006, 05:09 PM
On astral projection :

If you need two authors:

Robert Bruce! :wink:
Robert Monroe

If you need more:

William Buhlman
Muldoon & Carrington
Robert Peterson

That's it. I know there are plenty of authors on the subject out there but most of the books I read were incomplete, had misconceptions, participate to spread the fear of the OBE sometimes etc. or had just no useful practical part (!) so weren't helpful at all and were just what I'd call 'spiritual masturbation'. For me spirituality must be utterly practical, I don't really care reading someone else's OBE if he doesn't explain me how to achieve this by myself.

By the way, have you noticed the number of people called "Robert" in the OBE field ? :lol: Robert Bruce, Robert Monroe, Robert Peterson, Robert Fonda (err no ;)) I think I'm going to call my son Robert, this way I'd have more chances he becomes a famous astral projector I guess :lol: