PDA

View Full Version : Lack of time, advice?

man68
25th May 2006, 04:33 AM
I assume that, like most of you, I have little spare time during the dat to do the
NEW exercises. I mostly do the exercises when i am in bed before sleep.
However, I feel it's not enough. I will appreciate any advice. What are you, or
better said, WHEN are you doing the exercises? Thanks!

sash
25th May 2006, 06:45 AM
Hi,

It is sometimes easier to also practice while doing other tasks. For example I have no troubles running energy while doing computer work or driving. However when more focused work is required, or when starting out it might be best to dedicate 20-30 minutes per day to get started on practice, after that it becomes easier to integrate it into your own routine.

CFTraveler
25th May 2006, 01:39 PM
It is also a good idea to break it up- do some type of practice in the morning (in the shower, for example) later in the afternoon (sponging your legs in the cofee break, for example) and in the evening (relaxation and affirmations). That way you get more done in the course of the day. For example, I do energy raising in the car line as I wait for my son at school.

me
26th May 2006, 11:12 PM
i can't do NEW whilst sitting at a computer, or watching a film... or walking (as some people have said) - because i need to be VERY still, so i can feel out for that tingling fizz, that is 'energy'. It requires me to really focus sometimes! :'(

wstein
27th May 2006, 03:56 AM
It comes down to priorities.

Sorry to hear that you your life is full of stuff that you don't look forward to so much.

Only you know if you are in a position to change your priorities.

27th May 2006, 09:26 AM
Make your kids go to work and support you! Just kidding. Sorry, Alex, I just couldn't resist saying that. :twisted: Seriously, I think this is something that everyone struggles with their entire life. Unless you are in a position to be able to do what Eckhart Tolle did and sit on a park bench all day long for two years and disappear into the bliss, then you have to just grab every moment you can to be present and find the joy in what you are doing. With a family, you can't really sit on a park bench all day. But, you can gradually take moments of bliss and slowly increase them to include even tasks that are normally tedious. Like everything else, of (friggin') course, it takes practice. But, it sounds like you are already well on your way.

Christian
27th May 2006, 09:35 PM
Or one learns to matrerialize things like money, don't have that skill though but I'm aiming for it. Maybe I wont accuire it in this lifetime but the journey is worth it.

To be more, I don't know realistic or down to earth (I love to live up in the clouds :)), I think there's two ways one can work with this question, eihter you change your inner world or you change your outer, with that I mean either you change your perception so the things that you find tedious and boring becomes fun and not so boring. Or you find something else that brings money.

I think we're born to live in bliss all the time.

Christian

allure
1st June 2006, 09:37 PM
Practice every day just a little, soon you'll see you start doing it without a conscious effort at all. Practice consciously untill this happens. I've done NEW for about half a year, now I'm doing it ALL THE TIME. I sometimes wake up at night discovering I'm doing NEW. Sometimes I even take a conscious effort not to do it - it may not be the best idea to get TOOO spiritual when listening a lecture about mechanics for example :)

jaycep
12th June 2006, 12:03 PM
pick a spot at the beginning of each day. and when i say beginning... i mean right when you wake up. We are habits and we best able to change them at the beginning of waking up from sleep or rest. Stay with that spot for the rest of the day whenever you remember, but dont stress over it. Its definately not that important. Doing this every time you wake up is no-bull. This will create a chain affect of making your initial thought in waking life energy work. This makes it a habit. This makes it life.

switch up ur spot when you want to. dont think u need to stay with it for any reason if you have an impulse to focus on something else.

Skydancer
12th June 2006, 03:56 PM
Hi Alex,

Something that helped me greatly in the past when I felt so busy and dealing with too much physical practical stuff was a phrase and permission I gave myself from time to time. The time could last a minute or an hour... whatever I had. The phrase was, "Just for a {minute/hour}....I allow myself to {feel bliss/go astral tonight/breath light/talk to my angels/listen to my angels etc...} It really helped a lot. Even if I only had one minute 5x a day, it really improved my happiness and joy levels and decreased stress from dealing with everyday stuff.

Cheers,
Skydancer