PDA

View Full Version : debating one wether to get involved or not

IronGega
23rd October 2012, 09:02 PM
Ok so, there is another metaphysics fourm I go to and answer some questions every now and then. I stoped going for a time because of somethign really stupid then I decided to head back because there are alot of new people who ask questions and I provide them with matierals and answers that I've learned.

anyway, I went there to post some shielding methods I developed, from building on Rob's shielding work. and I came across this topic

i've seen this too many times on the various OEC communities i've watched... newbies wanting to prove their mettle and offering to heal/shield/defend people asking for help...

but, your ego won't like hearing this but you are not a trained professional... and jumping the gun to offer defence, training, shielding, that kinda thing when you haven't proven you can do it could cause more problems than solve.

it's why there's the support department here... those people are in essence "trained professionals" and they know what they're doing... you likely do not.

if this ruffles your feathers, might consider taking these words to heart... because if you're new, i know that the temptation to validate your abilities by offering help is very strong (even i fell into this myself) but if you tackle something you don't fully know how to deal with, you could make matters worse... much, much worse.

This was the person I had alot of problems with and the reason I left for a time, this kid seems like s/he LOVES to argue, name call and fight. I read this post and thought "who is this person to tell others they can't heal others because, said healers, aren't 'trained' or qualified enough?"

I feel I have the duty to tell these people that, they SHOULD heal other because they will get better at it, and that no one has the right to tell them not to or that they are wrong for wanting to.

Here's my plight, I know if I say 'anything' this person will rear up and charge me again like before, which may blow out into another pointless fight. But I feel it's my obligation to inform these people. They SHOULD heal others if they so desire, how else can they practice?

any thoughts?

CFTraveler
24th October 2012, 01:40 AM
I have to tell you that I think that there is no right answer to the question. I've been through some stuff, and if I didn't think someone could handle it, I would advise them not to try- but the thing is, that if I hadn't been through what I did, I would not have grown as much as I have (at least in some respects, other stuff not so much) :D
The thing is, that the person you are describing doesn't sound like s/he is looking out for you (or anyone)- it seems like they are talking from the point of view of the ego "*They* are the big shots and don't you dare presume you can handle it" kind of thing. I could be wrong, but that's what it sounds like.
So my advice is, don't respond to whatever they may say to you, because what they prob. want (as in, their drama wants) is a confrontation to show you down- simply ignore what they say and continue to do what you feel drawn to so, from the soul level- if helping is what you're drawn to do then it is for you to try it and the means will come, in the form of a teacher or a helper- or a challenge, because that stuff does happen.
Of course, it never hurts to study and get informed about as much as you can, and at the same time don't believe everything you read. :D

ButterflyWoman
24th October 2012, 05:43 AM
I have to tell you that I think that there is no right answer to the question.
Yeah. What she said. But I have some other thoughts to share, too. Take them for what they're worth.

this kid seems like s/he LOVES to argue, name call and fight.
I avoid communities that allow people like that to run roughshod over other members.

I feel it's my obligation to inform these people.
Why? Do you think you're the only person who can possibly tell them this? That you're the only person who knows this and can pass it on? That these people can't and won't find some other means of getting answers and guidance if it's truly their calling to heal?

In other words, I'm suggesting that this is not about them, or the obnoxious arguer you described, but about you. Examine your sense of obligation, and find where it's coming from. (And I used to have it, too, so I'm not judging you or anything, but I AM suggesting that "obligation" is not usually rooted in anything healthy or spiritual.)

LPCF
24th October 2012, 10:00 AM
I agree with the comments above. I must confess, I wanted to research the background to all this before adding anything. So I googled (I assume such a verb exists by now!) the phrases from your original post and found the forum. I won't name the forum, but I found this section:

"Rants
Have a bad day? Have a bad life? Complain about it all here. Foul language and personal attacks may be present--you have been warned!"

Oh, dear! I'm afraid that put me off. Just like BFW above, I avoid such communities. This forum, however, is full of caring and loving souls. Maybe best to stick around where you feel welcome?

To go back to your post, these phrases struck me: "you are not a trained professional" and "those people are in essence "trained professionals" and they know what they're doing". Sounds like these people are trying to defend their professional status and don't like others (non-professionals) invading their space. So only those who charge fees and/or have gone on paid courses are able to help others? It is not for me to judge - and I shouldn't do that, anyway. It just sounds to me like that is the position. I have not seen the forum before and I don't know the people.

Don't let such people upset you. It will only upset your spiritual equilibrium. Like I said, why not stick with forums where the members are less judgmental? Best wishes to you!

[Mod Note: Removed the link to the forums, which seemed to be put here accidentally via cut-and-paste; interested parties can Google the material themselves if they care to find the other site. ;)]

Sinera
24th October 2012, 10:15 AM
Iron, you have a right to state your opinion, so why not stating it? If you think that you can help and heal people without charging money then say so. People around the world do this and their practice and daily experience backs your view.

Give them examples, e.g. healing that works and worked in the past for other people. If they do not accept it then it is THEIR (the few 'professionals') problem because they create THEIR (restricted?) reality, it's not yours, neither that of the other people in that forum who might read your post and either accept or reject your views, in total or in part, but it's then their decision also.

All you do is offer your opinion backing it up with your or other people's experiences, that's what forums like that and this one are for.

LPCF
24th October 2012, 11:26 AM
Sorry, moderator! My intention was indeed to avoid naming the forum. It seems that somehow by cutting/pasting the extract I inadvertently created a link. I should have checked after posting. I apologise unreservedly. Mea culpa!

ButterflyWoman
24th October 2012, 11:35 AM
Sorry, moderator! My intention was indeed to avoid naming the forum. It seems that somehow by cutting/pasting the extract I inadvertently created a link. I should have checked after posting. I apologise unreservedly. Mea culpa!

[Mod Note: Not a problem. It's all fixed up. ;) :D]

IronGega
24th October 2012, 08:10 PM
@Volgerle: It's no so much that I don't want to state my opinon, but That my past experiences have ended in meaningless fights.

@LPCF: I would advise you do that, I don't want to plant false ideas on anyone, and yes you did find the site.

@ CFT: thank you for your input.

Why? Do you think you're the only person who can possibly tell them this? That you're the only person who knows this and can pass it on? That these people can't and won't find some other means of getting answers and guidance if it's truly their calling to heal? In other words, I'm suggesting that this is not about them, or the obnoxious arguer you described, but about you. Examine your sense of obligation, and find where it's coming from. (And I used to have it, too, so I'm not judging you or anything, but I AM suggesting that "obligation" is not usually rooted in anything healthy or spiritual.)

I have asked myself those same questions.

It's not so much about the healing per say, it's more of these folks saying "you can't or shouldn't do this because (add reason here)" if they are called to be healers or not, fine. what I'm saying is how will they know unless they heal? Some people could want to be healers then once they do it realize it's not for them, other could not be interested but give it a try and find there purpose, they will never know unless they acually do it. on top on that how can they 'prove' themselves if they are told not to heal others. Then there is also the fact that they could be natural healers with a gift they don't truly understand but still exceed expectation.

Believe me this is not limited to just healing.

Let me tell you a bit about myself, it's not to honk my own horn or anything. My mother in her youth was very adept at the magical arts. She conjured or invoked but one time lost control. that event turned her into a hell fire and damnation super religious person.

I grew up seeing, sensing and manipulating energy when I was young but had no idea what it really was. as I got into my teen I looked into abilities that revolved around the ideas of Chi, but my Mom always forbid it. Saying it was witch-craft in disguise.

I couldn't learn martial arts, meditate or anything. I spend most of my youth being afraid of practically everything, including myself, to the point that ever time I hear 'that little voice" I never trusted it. My mind was uncontrolled and I spent every night sweating and hiding under thick blankets praying to the Almighty for protection from every shadow I saw.

I knew about Energy work before I knew what energy work was, I saw visions and during sports I used energy to enhance my play. I made myself unmovable standing up having two people try to tackle my waist line. It just made sense to me. But I was so afraid that I was doing something 'Spiritually wrong' that I stopped and over the years got all sorts of blockages and such.

I'm not saying I blame my mom nor that this didn't serve me in the long run. But I don't think is was nessisary either.

My obligation I feel, is seeing myself in some of these people, not all but some. When I did the "meditation, that was suppose to invite demons into my body" my mind began to calm down. I was more peaceful, I worked better, Got better grades etc. But for those years, I was afraid to do anything, I think about what I could have done or what I'd be now if that hadn't happened.

I feel I shouldn't let what happened to me happen to them, not just about healing but about using your abilities wether or not 'others' think you've proven yourself or not. I think we should be free to offer and do healing as a practice and a gesgure of kindness and not wait for some group's 'seal of approval' before.

CFTraveler
24th October 2012, 08:14 PM
Like I said before, follow your bliss, and ignore naysayers.

greytraveller
29th October 2012, 03:52 PM
Greetings IronGega
Here's my 2.5 cents worth. I like posting, especially if its a specific how-to that can help someone do something, usually go OOB or lucid dream. Yet I definately do Not feel a duty or obligation to do so.
Occasionally I will butt heads with someone over an idea, concept, belief, or whatever. If I keep locking horns with the same person, and this has happened even with the same person on different forums, then I avoid them. Nothing is worth the time, energy and especially the aggravation to make it worthwhile personally dealing with a Troll.
So why is it a bad idea to argue with a troll (or an idiot, and many times they are one and the same)? Because they will eventually take you down to their level and then win by experience! Yes, sad but true.

Regards
Grey

ButterflyWoman
30th October 2012, 04:20 AM
Nothing is worth the time, energy and especially the aggravation to make it worthwhile personally dealing with a Troll.
Exactly.

I also personally think that a lot of people who are habitual arguers and who won't back down and so on are actually practicing a form of energy vampirism, though they're probably not consciously aware that they're doing it. Stealing energy can take a LOT of forms, and arguing is definitely one of them. I refuse to engage my energy with people like that; I have better uses for it. ;)