PDA

View Full Version : Trouble sleeping

Blue Mage
29th May 2006, 12:59 PM
Last night, before bed I watched a movie and tried to do some energy raising exercises. I did them during the whole movie (1.5 hrs). Afterwards even though it was my normal bedtime I had trouble sleeping.... does that mean I was doing them right? I never have trouble sleeping at night unless I have alot of caffeine at night or something like that.

I have trouble getting the motivation to do the energy raising exercises because I don't know how I will know I am doing them right. I get some tingliness but it is so mild I feel like I am just imagining it and it doesn't count. Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense... I know I sound annoying... I could use some reassurance though... :oops:

My main question is, can doing a lot of energy work before bed cause trouble getting to sleep?

Matthew
29th May 2006, 02:46 PM
I have trouble getting the motivation to do the energy raising exercises because I don't know how I will know I am doing them right. I get some tingliness but it is so mild I feel like I am just imagining it and it doesn't count.

Don't worry about it. As your energy body opens up, you will feel more tingling.
Besides doing your whole body, I would suggest taking an area where you feel some sensations (feet, hands, shins.... whatever) and spend a little extra time there. Give yourself a week or two and see how much your sensation grows. I know we always talk about balance... but it is also important to know what a clear area feels like. It will alleviate your feelings of doubt. Then, once you know the feeling you are after, you can attack those problem areas where you feel nothing at all.

My main question is, can doing a lot of energy work before bed cause trouble getting to sleep?

I notice if I do extensive energy raising to my sub-navel storage area before bed, then I have some trouble sleeping. However, general primary and secondary system stimulation doesn't seem to affect my sleep at all... this work just leads to heightened dream and OBE activity.

Regards,
Matthew

jaycep
12th June 2006, 12:06 PM
it counts. reason you dont sleep. basically theres too much energy going on around the head region. no worries its not a big deal. patting the legs helps bring it back down.

a technique to use before sleeping is this. lay down on back with pillow under top of shoulders and head. then try to breath deeply. dont focus too hard on the abdomen. one could suggest, focus around it (lower back + chest)

OneLoveOneLight
12th June 2006, 02:25 PM
Try taking a nice long hot shower after the energy work but before bed. Love what you are doing, how good this water feels!

21st July 2006, 11:59 PM
Last night, before bed I watched a movie and tried to do some energy raising exercises. I did them during the whole movie (1.5 hrs). Afterwards even though it was my normal bedtime I had trouble sleeping.... does that mean I was doing them right? I never have trouble sleeping at night unless I have alot of caffeine at night or something like that.

I have trouble getting the motivation to do the energy raising exercises because I don't know how I will know I am doing them right. I get some tingliness but it is so mild I feel like I am just imagining it and it doesn't count. Yeah, I know it doesn't make sense... I know I sound annoying... I could use some reassurance though... :oops:

Trouble sleeping?

Relax and enjoy being awake. Let your body fall asleep even if your mind is alert. Soon you may hear your self snoring. Such, at least, is my experience. The mind doesn't really need sleep...