PDA

View Full Version : does this make sense??

susan
6th November 2012, 09:40 PM
Recently I have felt the need to move forward through prayer even though I don't know who to pray to as I'm not sure I believe in a god as a person.
One night I received symbols ' seeing a foot I was asked to help put a football shoe on. then to kick .then I was trying to listen in to a private conversation where the message was "your goal is to pray"
The next night I woke up to hearing someone telling me that her son Charles Duthw??? was a fireman and had died in a fire and I felt her emotions were wery sad.
Yesterday morning I heard
"my uncle has just died . Please pray for him.
I do believe that we can all progress through our individual evolution by listening to any messages we may recieve whether from higher self or even higher but I don't know who to pray to ??? God ,All that is. Higher self????
any advice?

CFTraveler
6th November 2012, 11:03 PM
I have a book title, if you're open to it- let me know via pm if you want it.

SoulSail
7th November 2012, 12:17 AM
I think this makes perfect sense. My prayers have zero words in them and are all visual. I'm a fish in clear lake (God), or a bird dissolving into the sky in flight, etc. I think this is called picture prayers, and it is definitely how my higher-self operates. I'll cut it short since CFTraveler chimed in first she'd generally spot on with recommendations.

Soul

ButterflyWoman
7th November 2012, 04:28 AM
I don't experience God as objective any more. I did for most of my life, but that's gone now. I experience God subjectively, and in everything, so for a time, it did perplex me as to how to pray to "everything". In other words, I get where your'e coming from. :)

I'll also note that your experiences of symbolic and emotional communication is very familiar to me. I've had that since I was... well, as long as I can remember, to be honest. I've done a lot of reading on the topic of mysticism (particularly Christian mysticism, because I was raised in the Christian tradition, but other flavours of mysticism, too), and this seems to be the norm. Now and then you might hear clear words/phrases, and when you do, they're usually very simple but are slowly revealed to be profound and multi-layered (which I love), but more often, the message comes in flashes of metaphor, in symbols that are meaningful to you, because your brain is interpreting and forming the picture. :) (Just a an example, your "footbal" symbol would make sense to me, but not be especially meaningful; if I were to receive a similar message, it would undoubtedly take a different form and be a different metaphorical picture, and this, by the way, is part of why it's so hard to explain deep spiritual messages and truths!)

I stopped praying for a while once my objetive view of God dissolved, because I just thought who or what am I praying to? But then I became aware that prayer is my most effective tool, the one that has never failed (even if it does sometimes manifest in ways I didn't expect), and that I should resume it. What I do now is similar to meditation, I guess. I just "let go" of the boundaries that I perceive separating "me" from "everything else" (those boundaries are, happily, not very solid these days ;)) and wait quietly. It's a kind of communion, rather than a petition or a ritual. I just realise the Oneness that I know to be the truth and the communication is effortless. If I have something specific on my agenda, I may gently direct my thoughts or emotions toward it, but most of the time, it seem unnecessary. This kind of communication is not the same as person-to-person communication. It's almost like osmosis. What I feel, know, think, want, etc., is already clearly understood. The trick for me is to allow the reverse communication through all of my many (unintentional, unconscious, etc.) filters. :)

I don't know if that helps at ALL, but I enjoyed writing it. I hope it makes some sense to someone. :D

susan
7th November 2012, 08:37 PM
Thank you all for your replies.
CFTraveller yes I would appreciate the book title thank you.
I am reading Kurt's Multidimensional Human for the second time and feel in such a hurry ??

roman67
8th November 2012, 07:15 AM
I believe in God. CFTraveler, I also want to know the title of the book. Can you please pm me.