PDA

View Full Version : WILD induction technique

Matthew
29th May 2006, 11:39 PM
This thread will be updated in the coming days and weeks as I work on my theory and techniques for having Wake Induced Lucid Dreams.

Step 1: You must acheive the "body asleep/mind awake" state. I have been toying with the idea that the necessary pre-condition is to actually achieve an internal projection of the etheric double. You should feel completely weightless in a black void. (As a side note, once you achieve this state, interesting things can happen. For example, I sometimes become "lucid" during the night, but I am not in a dream. I am floating in the black void of an etheric body projection <theory only at this point.>) I believe this is the first state you must reach consciously to achieve a WILD.

Step 2: Next, you need to "pull" a dream to you. I've been observing carefully how the dream is formulated and have been toying with the idea that it is actually a kind of "catching" and then "holding" the dream in front of you like a two-dimensional image. There are a few ways to do this and I'll edit this post to put in more detail here. Also, dreams that are entered into from the "outside" (I'll have to explain this better I think...) tend to be extremely detailed and appear to be more like physical reality. This "sharpening" of the dream occurs whether you start out awake and achieve step 1 (a true WILD) or if you become lucid outside of a dream while sleeping and "pop" into step 1 (I don't think this has a name yet).

Step 3: Entry into the two-dimensional image to "flesh out" the dreamscape. There are several sensory methods to do this and I will be adding them to this post in the coming days. (Note to self: include face-to-ground technique and rework expansion-into-movement technique. Also, include note on most likely having to open dream eyes during transition...)

Step 4: Most internal "etheric" projections include a loss of body consciousness making the person a "point of awareness." Therefore, a dream body must be constituted during the transition into the dreamscape... (note- discuss problems in transition and research whether body can be created in void before entering dream)

Step 5: The last step involves firmly grounding the dream body into surroundings to avoid being "shaken loose" from the dreamscape.... the initial period can be tenuous and might require bringing the dream into "focus." (note- discuss techniques "tactile awareness," "object fixation- visual reference," and "dream narrative immersion")

I'll be updating this post in the coming days....

Anyone else, feel free to post your WILD induction techniques or opinions.

-Matthew

Matthew
1st June 2006, 03:53 PM
OK. I started this thread as a dialogue on WILDS, but (since there weren't any responses) I am going to switch it to an ongoing project on WILD induction. I'll be expanding the first post with my theory.... so if you read it before, it's undergone an overhaul. And, if this area interests you, you might want to check back and see if I've updated it every once in a while.
Feel free to provide your own ideas on WILDS. Also, post whether I have your permission to add your ideas to my theory.

-Matthew

Beekeeper
2nd June 2006, 09:00 AM
I'm certainly interested. Post away!

Matthew
2nd June 2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks, Beekeeper. Glad to know someone is interested in it. I'll be updating it soon.

-Matthew

Freawaru
2nd June 2006, 07:11 PM
This thread will be updated in the coming days and weeks as I work on my theory and techniques for having Wake Induced Lucid Dreams.

Step 1: You must acheive the "body asleep/mind awake" state. I have been toying with the idea that the necessary pre-condition is to actually achieve an internal projection of the etheric double. You should feel completely weightless in a black void. (As a side note, once you achieve this state, interesting things can happen. For example, I sometimes become "lucid" during the night, but I am not in a dream. I am floating in the black void of an etheric body projection <theory only at this point.>) I believe this is the first state you must reach consciously to achieve a WILD.

I have been thinking along the same line as I sometimes stop in this - as RB calls it -. full trance during the waking up process. I have been slipping into dream from there again, too, but so far never lucidly. Might have to do with my lack of sleep for years.

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2477

I am not sure what you mean by the "black void of an etheric body". Could you explain?

Step 2: Next, you need to "pull" a dream to you. I've been observing carefully how the dream is formulated and have been toying with the idea that it is actually a kind of "catching" and then "holding" the dream in front of you like a two-dimensional image. There are a few ways to do this and I'll edit this post to put in more detail here. Also, dreams that are entered into from the "outside" (I'll have to explain this better I think...) tend to be extremely detailed and appear to be more like physical reality. This "sharpening" of the dream occurs whether you start out awake and achieve step 1 (a true WILD) or if you become lucid outside of a dream while sleeping and "pop" into step 1 (I don't think this has a name yet).

That is very interesting. Thank you for sharing it. And yes, please, give more details. :-)

Step 3: Entry into the two-dimensional image to "flesh out" the dreamscape. There are several sensory methods to do this and I will be adding them to this post in the coming days. (Note to self: include face-to-ground technique and rework expansion-into-movement technique. Also, include note on most likely having to open dream eyes during transition...)

Step 4: Most internal "etheric" projections include a loss of body consciousness making the person a "point of awareness." Therefore, a dream body must be constituted during the transition into the dreamscape... (note- discuss problems in transition and research whether body can be created in void before entering dream)

I sometimes just observe the dream (lucid as well as non-lucid) - I get some kind of "watching movie" or "reading book" feeling. Then I merge with one of the characters I had been observing before. is this just observing what you mean by "point of awareness"?

Also, post whether I have your permission to add your ideas to my theory.

Of course you have permission :-)

Matthew
2nd June 2006, 10:29 PM
I am not sure what you mean by the "black void of an etheric body". Could you explain?

Yes, that is a tricky phrase that I need to improve. I meant that I reach a state where I am floating. There are no directions. There is no sensory input, but there appears to be a "space" that I inhabit. I believe that this occurs when you have an "inner" projection where your etheric body moves out of sych with your physical body. I need to do more research before I really call it an "etheric body projection." I think it happens naturally in the deepest levels of trance. Since I am not sure, for now I call it the "black void" because that's what it feels and looks like.

I sometimes just observe the dream (lucid as well as non-lucid) - I get some kind of "watching movie" or "reading book" feeling. Then I merge with one of the characters I had been observing before. is this just observing what you mean by "point of awareness"?

I know exactly what you mean here.... I have had these dreams, too. But, in this case, I meant something different. The "point of awareness" I referred to was when we are in that "black void" (which might be an etheric body inner-projection). When we reach this void, we seem to have no discernable "body." It feels like we are just a "point" of awareness... not inhabiting a body with any shape or density. So, in order to enter dreams, I have always needed to create a body as I phase into the dreamscape. However, this miscommunication brings up a really fascinating point! I had totally forgotten about the "movie watching" dreams. In these dreams, we are like a point of awareness, too. So, now I wonder if making a dream body is really necessary. Perhaps we can enter a dreamscape and remain a point of consciousness like in the "movie" dreams..... I've never tried this. Wow! What a great way to shave off a step. If it works, it would mean that the dream body was not a necessary component to WILDs! However, I have to admit that many of my techniques to "ground" myself into the dreams require me to utilize my dream eyes or body in some way, so I would need to come up with new methods for not fading out of the dream.

Thanks,
Matthew

CFTraveler
3rd June 2006, 01:39 AM
Isn't this phasing? But without the obscure (to me) focus levels?

Matthew
3rd June 2006, 01:03 PM
You're probably right, CFT.
Altough, I have never read much on the whole "phasing" process. (currently, I always use a body for OBEs and WILDs, so this is new territory for me). It would be great if someone experienced in that "system" would post a description here, so we can make sure that we are talking about the same thing.

-Matthew

CFTraveler
3rd June 2006, 04:14 PM
Well, I've only phased twice, so I wouldn't consider myself an expert (or even a conoisseur). Chris, I believe, is very experienced in phasing, if I remember correctly.

3rd June 2006, 05:52 PM
Matthew,
An old moderator at Astral Pulse :shock: wrote out a very understandable description of phasing. I've had quite a bit of experience with phasing, and it's a lot easier to do for me than RTZ OBE's. For going to higher planes of existence, it's the only way to fly! With your experience, I'm sure you've done it without realizing that there is a name to the technique. I think this is Aunt Clair's favorite way of traveling, but I've never heard her call it phasing. Her descriptions of what she does are very similar, though. I forget what she calls it. Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17413

Matthew
3rd June 2006, 10:24 PM
Thanks, PHG. :wink:

Freawaru
4th June 2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks for that link, Patty.

Interesting, it seems my "filter-theory" isn't that new ;-)

According to this it is indeed the hypnogogics that - with the proper filters (your awareness being in phase) - provide clairaudience, right?

Well, nothing at first, there’s not much to see really but blackness. But then, after a short while, I may see that perhaps one part of the blackness is not quite so black. Perhaps there was just a brief flash of something, then maybe a sensation of a movement somewhere else. Maybe I just heard someone call my name. Hmm, that’s interesting, I might think, I wonder where that came from. But I don’t get too curious I just keep noticing. I might see swirling areas of not quite so black as the rest. I might see flashes of this and that. As I am offering myself these images, my attention is steadily becoming more fixated within.

As my attention becomes fixated within, from the act of noticing, at this stage I am not aware of my physical body. Part of my awareness realises that somewhere in the background is a physical body, in bed, etc. but I have phased away from it. Before, the forefront of my awareness was my physical and 180 degrees turned around from that, in the background of my awareness, was the non-physical. But now there has been a “phase shift” i.e. a turning through 180 degrees. Now, my previous foreground (physical) is my background, and my previous background (non-physical) is my foreground.

Is the difference between AP and Phasing that in Phasing the double inside the physical body is awake???

Freawaru
4th June 2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Matthew :-D

And please keep us updated about your experiments and theories !

4th June 2006, 08:10 PM
Freawaru said:

According to this it is indeed the hypnogogics that - with the proper filters (your awareness being in phase) - provide clairaudience, right?
I'm not sure about this. From my experience, I don't have to be in meditation to have clairaudience. So, I don't understand where hypnogogics add to clairaudient ability. Maybe, for some, it takes that level of trance for their clairaudient abilities to show up. Remember, this is just Frank's own interpretation of what is happening. While I think it's really good, and he had a lot of knowledge on the subject, it might not hold true for everyone.
Freawaru said:

Is the difference between AP and Phasing that in Phasing the double inside the physical body is awake???
There is so much confusion regarding the terminology. Different people use different terms to describe similar experiences. Historically, it's even confusing. My understanding (which is open to being corrected) is that "Astral Traveling" includes all the various types of travel. Kind of an umbrella term. "Astral Projecting (AP)" can also be used that way, although some use that term strictly for etheric double projecting. "Out of Body Experiences, OBE)" is currently used when any kind of body, except the physical, is projected outside of the physical body. Phasing is a term that describes projecting only the mental. It's more of a going within than a going without. There is no actual body (etheric, double, etc.) that is projected. In his later writings, Robert Monroe rejected the idea that anything is projected outward. He developed the phasing idea. Many people are already doing this without being aware.

I was doing it without putting a name to it for a long time. From your descriptions, it sounds like this is what you are also doing. I think Samadhi could be termed a phasing type of experience. When meditating and reaching the higher or highest planes of existence, I personally don't think we are projecting any type of body. I think it is our essence without form that is either "merging" or "being". Based on what it evokes in me, I have left behind anything that even slightly resembles "me". I just "become Me/I AM". I know you understand that, although those who haven't had that type of experience might beg to differ.

There are those (lots of them at AP) who don't believe there is such an experience as OBE in the Real Time Zone. From my few experiences with Real Time Projection, I know that there is a difference. So, I think that both Phasing and Real Time Projection are possible. From what I have read of Aunt Clair's abilities, she does both, also. I wish I had the link where she described it, as it was very good. She doesn't call it phasing, but the description is the same. Does anyone have that link?

I think some people might even call WILD the same thing as phasing, based on the descriptions I've heard. Once again, everyone's experiences are similar enough, but different just enough to make using the terminology very confusing.

Freawaru
5th June 2006, 02:16 PM
Freawaru said:

I'm not sure about this. From my experience, I don't have to be in meditation to have clairaudience. So, I don't understand where hypnogogics add to clairaudient ability. Maybe, for some, it takes that level of trance for their clairaudient abilities to show up.

Hmm, maybe I use the term "hypnogogics" incorretly (???). I had thought it meant those pictures/films that flash (or stay longer) before your inner eye. The visual counterpart of thoughts.

I sometimes experience these pictures/films before going to sleep or when attempting trance or meditation, but they sometimes happen spontaniously while normally awake, too. I simply assumed that if you are in-phase with clairaudience you can see this both during trance or wake, too.

Please correct my terminology. I hate to confuse myself by using wrong terms ;-)

Remember, this is just Frank's own interpretation of what is happening. While I think it's really good, and he had a lot of knowledge on the subject, it might not hold true for everyone.

For me these are all *theories* or *speculations* anyway. Meaning, they can be altered due to new information :-)

Freawaru said:
[quote:2ziy3mx2]Is the difference between AP and Phasing that in Phasing the double inside the physical body is awake???
There is so much confusion regarding the terminology. Different people use different terms to describe similar experiences. Historically, it's even confusing. My understanding (which is open to being corrected) is that "Astral Traveling" includes all the various types of travel. Kind of an umbrella term. "Astral Projecting (AP)" can also be used that way, although some use that term strictly for etheric double projecting. "Out of Body Experiences, OBE)" is currently used when any kind of body, except the physical, is projected outside of the physical body. Phasing is a term that describes projecting only the mental. It's more of a going within than a going without. There is no actual body (etheric, double, etc.) that is projected. In his later writings, Robert Monroe rejected the idea that anything is projected outward. He developed the phasing idea. Many people are already doing this without being aware.
[/quote:2ziy3mx2]

As I said, it DOES sound like my "filter-theory": Everything is already there, inside you, but you need to straighten your filters correctly to become aware (or remember) it.

I was doing it without putting a name to it for a long time. From your descriptions, it sounds like this is what you are also doing. I think Samadhi could be termed a phasing type of experience.

Interesting idea. But, yes, I think this might work (as a concept I mean). According to my chakra book the heart chakra even changes color when it gets "in phase" with the divine. Of course as I never have seen a chakra myself this is just a speculation on my part.

But there are small differenced, IMO. Merging means to change the perspective, completely. It is like when Harry Potter merged with Voldemort. The first times he was not even aware what happend, even afterwards. He made up theories that Voldy had somehow influenced him to attack Mr. Weasley for example. In his memory he had been *himself*, transformed into a snake.

If I understand phasing correctly (and please correct me if I got it wrong) you always keep a certain link to and awareness of yourself (at least Frank described it this way) . I mean you keep your human personality. This is different in merging. You fully become the candle, stone, music, god, goddess, light, devil, demon, plane, universe, whatever. When turning lucid while being merged with something/someone else it is not your human personality that "awakens" (like in normal lucid dreams) but a higher consciousness. It is to wake up this higher consciousness that samadhi is practiced. (An analogy could be Harry's consciousness when someone uses the Imperius curse on him - it was not fully his normal consciousness either (though of course this is where the analogy ends).

When meditating and reaching the higher or highest planes of existence, I personally don't think we are projecting any type of body.

I agree.

I think it is our essence without form that is either "merging" or "being". Based on what it evokes in me, I have left behind anything that even slightly resembles "me". I just "become Me/I AM". I know you understand that, although those who haven't had that type of experience might beg to differ.

Yes, I agree. The "pure being/I AM" state is without specific body or personality. I think it is outside karma, thus there can't be anything to devellop (not even an energetic body). Mystics speak in this connection as being "unborn".

There are those (lots of them at AP) who don't believe there is such an experience as OBE in the Real Time Zone.

You confuse me, LOL, I thought that projection into the RTZ is the most easy one ???

From my few experiences with Real Time Projection, I know that there is a difference. So, I think that both Phasing and Real Time Projection are possible. From what I have read of Aunt Clair's abilities, she does both, also. I wish I had the link where she described it, as it was very good. She doesn't call it phasing, but the description is the same. Does anyone have that link?

It seems to me there is phasing, projection of a double, and merging. Three slightly different things. For example RB wrote to me (in the Ask RB forum) that I probably projected but the memory was not downloaded (or something like that). Meaning (in my terms) the double was there but I had not merged with it, nor in-phase, thus the memory was not avaiable to me.

As an analogy we can take dreams. In dreams one can just watch a scene and dream characters from a "movie watching/book reading" perspective (this would correcpond to phasing), or one merges with a certain person (merging), or one projects/creates a dream-character (or several) and then merges with this one (projecting).

I think some people might even call WILD the same thing as phasing, based on the descriptions I've heard. Once again, everyone's experiences are similar enough, but different just enough to make using the terminology very confusing.

Oh, dear, oh, dear, lol ;-)

CFTraveler
5th June 2006, 06:55 PM
Freawaru wrote:

[quote:2ud41dsx]Painterhypnogirl wrote:
Freawaru said:
Quote:

I'm not sure about this. From my experience, I don't have to be in meditation to have clairaudience. So, I don't understand where hypnogogics add to clairaudient ability. Maybe, for some, it takes that level of trance for their clairaudient abilities to show up.

Hmm, maybe I use the term "hypnogogics" incorretly (???). I had thought it meant those pictures/films that flash (or stay longer) before your inner eye. The visual counterpart of thoughts.

I sometimes experience these pictures/films before going to sleep or when attempting trance or meditation, but they sometimes happen spontaniously while normally awake, too. I simply assumed that if you are in-phase with clairaudience you can see this both during trance or wake, too.

Please correct my terminology. I hate to confuse myself by using wrong terms [/quote:2ud41dsx] You didn't use wrong terminology: the term 'hypnogogics' refer to the perceptions that we have, be they visual or auditory, that are created by the dreaming mind (brain, or not, according to your perspective.) So clairaudience as well as clairvoyance are classified as hypnogogics, (or hypnopomps, if you're just waking up). Some people don't have to be in that stage to have clairvoyance or clairaudience, but that's another discussion.

Also, you wrote:
You confuse me, LOL, I thought that projection into the RTZ is the most easy one ???
Neither is easier than the other, they're just different. For example, I know at least 3 people who phase without much effort, yet at least for me, an RTZ OB is what I've done since I was a child, and it's the easiest for me. So I think it depends on the person's natural abilities.

5th June 2006, 08:30 PM
All of this gets terribly confusing because people use such different terminology for basically the same things. People keep popping up with new terms to "clarify", but to me it sometimes just confuses things even more.

Like CF said, you are right in the definition of hypnagogics. They include both clairaudience (clear hearing/audible) and clairvoyance (clear seeing/vision). But, these are also psychic abilities that happen when awake.

Freawaru said:

It seems to me there is phasing, projection of a double, and merging. Three slightly different things. For example RB wrote to me (in the Ask RB forum) that I probably projected but the memory was not downloaded (or something like that). Meaning (in my terms) the double was there but I had not merged with it, nor in-phase, thus the memory was not avaiable to me.

From my understanding, memory download is just a way of saying "remembering". I don't think it has anything to do with merging or not. He talks about the importance of learning to remember dreams by writing them down as soon as you wake up to increase your ability to remember or download the dreams.

As to the differences between phasing and merging...hmmm. If you believe in the concept that everything is contained in the All and that like Monroe said, there is only going within, then phasing and merging would be the same thing. But, in practice, there does seem to be some perceived differences. With phasing versus Real Time OBE, there is a marked difference for me when phasing is done in a lighter trance. It is more of an experience of "watching" things unfold.

But, when phasing is done in a much deeper trance, it resembles OBE in the RTZ in that you experience things from a tactile perspective. You are "experiencing" not just observing. You can actually feel things...like picking up a stick, or in the case of past life regression, you can actually feel being shot, stabbed, etc. I was once regressed to an experience between lives as being just an energy traveling through a solar system. The only way to describe it is the feeling was of me as the energy "undulating" as a means of travel. There was no observing, I WAS the undulation. But, I was observing life on other planets as this wave of energy. So, in some sense I was both feeling and observing.

Ok, now I'm really off topic, so I'll shut up now. :lol:

Artimus
22nd June 2006, 02:14 AM
Matthew,
An old moderator at Astral Pulse :shock: wrote out a very understandable description of phasing.

I really like the author's view on "noticing" and not getting caught up in technique. I will typically raise energy until I feel it’s time to stop, and then I just simply wait for something to happen. It's kind of like I swim through the monkey chatter and let it take its course as I move deeper in. Then when I notice something like an image, I'm reminded of what it is I'm doing.