PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Empathy?!

Reav3R
12th November 2012, 11:54 AM
Greetings,*If something happens once, it's definitely coincidence. If something happens twice, it's probably coincidence. If something happens three times, it might still be a coicindence but if it happens all the time, it has to be something more...*Over the course of almost two years, I have examined my psychic experiences in my life and I suspect I have encountered some kind of reversed emapthic ability. The ability to influence other people's thoughts and emotions.*The first time I got suspicious was when my literature teacher was speaking in class. He was teaching us different sentence structures, and then an example suddenly crossed my mind. Some moments later, our teacher provided the "exact" same sentence as an example! I was shocked. The chances of him saying that sentence by chance was a little bit less than 50% so I discarded it as a coincidence and moved on...*After that experience, similar things have started to happen and they're getting more frequent. For intance, my classmates sometimes ask the questions that are on my mind and/or say what I want to say! Last year, when I was in a taxi, the thought had crossed my mind that the passenger next to me wants to exit and a moment later, he did.*I think I might have some kind of hidden psychic ability. If I do have it, is there any way for improving it? I mean, how do you practice reverse empathy? And to what extent can it be used for? Can I really control other people's minds?!*Best Regards,Reav3R

SoulSail
12th November 2012, 12:16 PM
Yes, you are psychic. All beings are, it's only a matter of realization and degree. Please be aware that being psychic is not a gift, it's part of your true makeup and fabric. When you know something in advance, finish someone's sentence, or hear them finish your thoughts, you are expressing something brought up from the eternal, collective heritage we share our "beingness" from. We are all connected in vast, mysterious ways because we are all one in various forms and expressions.

In your examples, I don't see that you're influencing other peoples' thoughts so much as manifesting knowing from the conscious net. I could be wrong. I often am. I used to think I could influence my wife's thoughts when I got certain songs stuck in my head only to find out she would later have the exact same song stuck in her head all day. I thought it was funny if I could get some wicked Barry Manilow going and see if it spread to her, but then I realized I wasn't shifting a single thing, we were simply tuned to similar frequency and so, sharing rather naturally.

Psychic development is a big topic and I'll leave that to others to touch on. My only advice, if it could even be called that, is to be aware that all knowledge of this type is best left for the benefit of others.

Best,

Soul

Reav3R
12th November 2012, 01:15 PM
In your examples, I don't see that you're influencing other peoples' thoughts so much as manifesting knowing from the conscious net.

Thanks for your response. I used to think like you but I realized that It's not only a single person that's involved. Not even a group of people! It happens randomly to someone who's around me.

I'm just not really sure if I'm sending or receiving thoughts (the latter is less probable imo) but "now" I'm kinda sure it's something more than mere coincidence (like you say it is). Each time it happens with someone new, each time a new student/teacher says something I want to say.

SoulSail
12th November 2012, 02:19 PM
I used to think like you but I realized that It's not only a single person that's involved. Not even a group of people! It happens randomly to someone who's around me.

Hey Reav3R,

I think I flubbed making an important point, but to your comment, yes...it's not just one or two or three people that you're connected with and can pick up or exchange signals with--it's literally every living being in existence, from blades of grass to well, you get the point. Of course proximity has something to do with it and we generally experience intuition or empath stuff with those we're closest to or in a room with or perhaps share some other connection with, but if you've done any remote viewing you will find yourself dropping in to view scenes that seem utterly random, with people and places you have never met or been to.

Story...

I used to have two plants in my old house that I really loved. I had them sitting next to each other for months in a sunlit corner of my meditation room. I talked to them, watered them together, and expressed appreciation for them often just because I'm that sort of guy. Things got interesting when I separated them one day. I took one plant to another room, leaving it's pal behind. For a few days my meditations were overrun by a very subtle awareness that something wasn't right. I couldn't pin it down, but I couldn't focus and my mind eventually turned to the plants. And then in an instant I understood that the lone plant left in the room was emitting a signal to me. It was distressed about its partner, it even looked bummed out.

So I put them back together and my meditations smoothed back out immediately.

Just an example of the psychic net. It extends forever and we are part of it just as all else is. This is the point where I do what I've done about a buzillion times and *highly* recommend you read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Multidimensional-Human-Development-Projection/dp/0983024707/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352729723&sr=8-1&keywords=kurt+leland

If you want to understand on a whole new level and put some serious fuel in your tank, invest in this one and read often. And if you can't afford it, drop me a PM, okay?

Soul

ButterflyWoman
12th November 2012, 02:38 PM
If something happens once, it's definitely coincidence.
Erroneous assumption, and a limiting one, too.

Empathy is about emotion. It's rarely verbal. I say this as a lifelong empath, although I didn't understand it for many years. From what you're describing, it just seems to me that you're becoming more aware of the fluid nature of your reality.

The sort of things you describe happen to me all the time. It's so commonplace I don't even notice it any more, unless it's something unusually amusing or interesting. In my case, it's not just people, it's television shows, the radio, written material, etc. I'll think about something and it appears in my reality, sometimes very quickly, and sometimes word-for-word. There are many ways to frame this phenomenon, but I experience it as a simple indication that "reality" is not really as solid as we like to think it is. It's in flux, and we are creating our own reality, even if we're not consciously aware of it.

If you prefer to think of it as somehow controlling other people's minds, well, you're welcome to do that, too, but I would suggest that you might want to think about that frame, and why it appeals to you. Getting to the bottom of things like that can open awareness in interesting ways.

CFTraveler
12th November 2012, 03:05 PM
Greetings, Greetings, Reav3R. I'm just going to add a few thoughts based on my experience and understanding of them.

Over the course of almost two years, I have examined my psychic experiences in my life and I suspect I have encountered some kind of reversed emapthic ability. The ability to influence other people's thoughts and emotions. That's not reverse empathy, that's the ability to manifest. We all have it, just that when we realize it's a reality it becomes easier, and more dangerous too.

The first time I got suspicious was when my literature teacher was speaking in class. He was teaching us different sentence structures, and then an example suddenly crossed my mind. Some moments later, our teacher provided the "exact" same sentence as an example! I was shocked. The chances of him saying that sentence by chance was a little bit less than 50% so I discarded it as a coincidence and moved on...

After that experience, similar things have started to happen and they're getting more frequent. For intance, my classmates sometimes ask the questions that are on my mind and/or say what I want to say! Last year, when I was in a taxi, the thought had crossed my mind that the passenger next to me wants to exit and a moment later, he did.
I had similar experiences in college. I caused all kinds of havoc when things didn't go my way (emotion is a great focuser of thoughts) and later on caused a guy to have a bad accident that almost killed him. I had a metaphysical understanding of reality thanks to my parents, but always thought that my thoughts could bring things to me, never thought that they could bring things to others. When this last event happened I became afraid of my emotional imbalances and went through a lot of instrospective work. It helped me to clear my unresolved baggage to avoid reacting negatively to stuff, and it helped. It was only later when I began to study metaphysics when I heard of the Law of Mind Action (more commonly now known as the law of attraction) and studied it not just only to not bring about bad stuff, but to bring about good stuff, if possible.

I think I might have some kind of hidden psychic ability. If I do have it, is there any way for improving it? I mean, how do you practice reverse empathy? And to what extent can it be used for? Can I really control other people's minds?!

* Instead of joining a LoA group, I'd suggest joining a New Age church that practices this teaching- such as Science of Mind. It is religion based (all these disciplines are, because these laws were first discovered in the context of religion) but they are firmly anchored in sound metaphysics, and are not as 'shallow' as the more popular LoA material. It's all good, but I like the deeper stuff.
ps. No, you can't control other people's minds, except like mentalists do-these guys use psychology to do it. More than likely is that your higher selves connect (or telepathically connect) and you can 'see' what is more likely to happen given circumstances- and of course you may also be creatiing the circumstances, metaphysically.

Cheers,
C.

Reav3R
12th November 2012, 03:23 PM
Butterfly:

Thanks for your reply. I read it several times and I understand what you mean. I think misunderstood the concept of empathy. I thought it's about emotions but thoughts are also included. But doesn't matter anyway... Are we arguing about the words? :-S

CF:

Thank you for your rich answer, I really enjoyed reading it. I just have two questions: How can I (not just me, I mean generally) control the reality but not people's minds? Also what is LoA (stands for)? :-/

Reav3R

CFTraveler
12th November 2012, 03:29 PM
Thank you for your rich answer, I really enjoyed reading it. I just have one question: How can I (not just me, I mean generally) control the reality but not people's minds? :-/ It all depends- peoples' minds can be already made up about something or on the fence-I think it was Monroe that said it's easier to create from chaos than to create from something that is already organized. One metaphysical answer would be, since we are all one, our higher selves put us together on purpose to 'run a scene' so to speak- so you may find some things are easier to manifest than others, but it is my belief (or strong suspicion it's so) that we previously planned this- so there is no control of others, only a willingness (from the top down) to try something- and I think that it's what we're supposed to do- to try to become consciously connected (as opposed to unconsciously, like we are most of the time) with our creative selves, to manifest a better place. But it's what I believe anyway.
We're all here to create, not just you and me. But those who realize it can create more specifically, or so I think.

Frater.Akenu
12th November 2012, 05:04 PM
Well, Empathy, as understood in occult circle is an ability to "feel into" another person. This ability is usually used for targeting purposes, talking about thought exchange could be more a telepathy.
Reav3r: What you describe can be of following possibilities:
1) coincidence
2) You picking on thoughts of other through passive telepathy
3) They picking on your thoughts through passive telepathy
4) Thought being shared through passive telepathy.

There is a possibility for people working together for some time to develop a bond through which new thoughts are created, neither of people involved is author of the thoughts, they are simply products of the bond, that would be eg a shared thought between you and your teacher.
Empathy itself doesn't transfer thoughts but a very similar or same thought can also be a product of empathy (two or more bodies simulating the same emotional activity) but then all involved people are not exchanging the thoughts, they are just authors of very similar or very same thoughts.

ButterflyWoman
13th November 2012, 04:05 AM
Reav3R, I don't generally "argue over words". But if you say "empathy", that has a very specific metaphysical meaning, as well as a mundane one. So while you can call it "touchyfeel thinksport" if you really want to, be aware that you're not going to get the kind of recognition you would otherwise. So, hey, use whatever words you want, just be prepared for an unhelpful response, or for readers to misunderstand or just ignore you. Personally, I've gotten totally used to people having no clue what I'm talking about when it comes to metaphysics and some academic fields (other academics and/or metaphysicians get it, but nobody else does), but it took a long time to get to where I was comfortable with it, and there was a lot of frustration along the way, so...

I think it was Monroe that said it's easier to create from chaos than to create from something that is already organized.
This is certainly true. In fact, I would say it is extremely difficult to impossible to re-create that which already exists. It's too solid, has too much momentum, etc. This is why manifestation is generally experienced in the future (sometimes the very near future, but still); the "future" is not yet "solid" in the mind. It is seen as nebulous, as chaotic, and therefore it's much more subject to direct creation. Try un-making the present, which, presumably, you already actively believe in, and you're in for a much more difficult task (it's probably possible, but it seems to be extremely rare, and I can't recall ever hearing, seeing, or reading any report of anyone's reality changing in the blink of an eye in response to their thoughts/emotions; it might happen, but if it does, nobody is willing to talk about it, it seems).

We're all here to create, not just you and me. But those who realize it can create more specifically, or so I think.
And we all DO create, continually, constantly, with or without awareness that we are doing so. Creation, itself is self-creating, and Creation IS the Creator.

Going back to my first paragraph, I don't actually expect that things I write will make sense to most people. I can't explain it in any terms other than the ones I use, and if you don't get it, well, you don't get it. But someone, somewhere will stumble onto things I write and it'll be exactly what they need to hear at the time they find it. That's why I write. So if I'm confusing, don't worry. You're just not there yet. :)

Reav3R
13th November 2012, 03:57 PM
Why are you so hostile butterfly?! Did I say something bad? X_X

CFTraveler
13th November 2012, 04:17 PM
Why are you so hostile butterfly?! Did I say something bad? X_X Why do you think she's hostile?

Reav3R
13th November 2012, 04:54 PM
Why do you think she's hostile?Because of her attitude and choice of words. As if she's angry or something. :-S

DarkChylde
13th November 2012, 05:19 PM
hello reaver , i honestly haven't read the discussion on this thread or the posts it transpired because believe me there are a multitude of times people make a post a long the line of "what is this? whats happening to me? is this normal or spiritual" - if i feel there's a genuine plea of help in it only then do i make the effort of writing back, so to stay germane i'll ka-ching my 2ยข to the first most post only , i hope that's okay :-)

If something happens once, it's definitely coincidence. If something happens twice, it's probably coincidence. If something happens three times, it might still be a coicindence but if it happens all the time, it has to be something more...
You pretty much answered this yourself , there's a distinct possibility your hs is trying to break through to get your attention towards something , what was before at the periphery of your attention is now more gradually gaining central exposure.

Over the course of almost two years, I have examined my psychic experiences in my life and I suspect I have encountered some kind of reversed emapthic ability. The ability to influence other people's thoughts and emotions.

The first time I got suspicious was when my literature teacher was speaking in class. He was teaching us different sentence structures, and then an example suddenly crossed my mind. Some moments later, our teacher provided the "exact" same sentence as an example! I was shocked. The chances of him saying that sentence by chance was a little bit less than 50% so I discarded it as a coincidence and moved on...

After that experience, similar things have started to happen and they're getting more frequent. For intance, my classmates sometimes ask the questions that are on my mind and/or say what I want to say! Last year, when I was in a taxi, the thought had crossed my mind that the passenger next to me wants to exit and a moment later, he did.
Again , this happens to the whole lot of us i think , if you focus on it afik it becomes even more prominent and outstanding - i cant even count to remember the number of times synchronicity has happened to me (this is relatively mild , some of the things that happened to me we downright bizarre even made me wonder if i was "selectively hallucinating" towards something).

I think I might have some kind of hidden psychic ability. If I do have it, is there any way for improving it? I mean, how do you practice reverse empathy? And to what extent can it be used for? Can I really control other people's minds?!
a).youre confusing manifestation/synchronicity with thought manipulation/empathy
b).youre very enamored with what has happened so far

overtime i think most of us (me for sure) sort of stopped questioning or fidgeting with "psychic phenomena" "synchs" "peaks" "projections" et al and moved onto to the more deeper stuff.I have a list big as the washington monument of things that have transpired over the years but i'm no longer of the opinion to classify it in the "psychic powers are so cool"-list.It's a stage we tend to get over quickly with.
You can play with it too ,see what stuff your'e made of - entirely your call.

ButterflyWoman
13th November 2012, 10:58 PM
I'm not hostile, nor am I angry. My post was quite coversational, and a bit tongue-in-cheek to demonstrate a point, and if you missed that, you must not be particularly empathic (I know you'll probably interpret that comment as being "hostile", as well, but it is merely an observation).

Interesting, though, because this perfectly demonstrates what I said about not being understood. *shrug* I'm used to it.

But, to reiterate, I was not being hostile, nor am I hostile, nor have I any reason or desire to be hostile. Still, I'm going to stop talking now. Experience certainly has shown me that when I am this badly misunderstood, it's time to stop talking.

wstein
14th November 2012, 12:12 AM
Your examples do not fit the typical profile for empathy, so likely that is not the most accurate way to describe what you are experiencing. Empathy most typically transmits feelings and not uncommonly energy although there are some that get more transfer than that. The examples you site are almost entirely mental.

First, it is very possible to transmit thoughts or energy. Try experimenting with purposely thinking about an action, like scratching an itch on their ear. Or next time you have an itch, don't scratch it and see if someone scratches in that very spot.

Your examples do not rule out some form of ESP (or similar skill). Its fairly certain that other students thought up their question before they decided to ask it. The professor probably had already thought about which examples to use in advance. Either would give you adequate time to pick up on their thoughts before they showed any obvious sign of verbalizing them.

I would also suggest thinking about something not so relevant to context in order to clarify if some type of group thing is going on or if its individual to you. So if you are in class try something like wondering where you can get a haircut. If someone asks that question at least you know your ability is not tied to the current context (the class in this example).