PDA

View Full Version : Rosalind A McKnight, book - Cosmic Journey

PauliEffect
18th November 2012, 01:08 AM
I use a grade on the book from 0 - 10 (10 being the best/highest). I've read the book and can not decide
what kind of grade to give it. On a scale from 0 - 10, I'll hesitate between 5 to 8...

Cosmic Journey, 1999, Rosalind A McKnight

GRADE: 5.0 - 8.0

Long parts of the book are only some kind of transcripts from CHEC sessions, gave too little and became
a little repeating after a while. I also got the feeling that Rosalind is somewhat colored by religion, but I
might be wrong on this. The book has a problem, that is all Rosalind's testimonies were not remembered
by herself and only collected from recordings. Perhaps the problem is that Rosalind can't put her own
experiences into a deeper context, which gives the book a kind of "cut-off" appearance.

I liked the ending, the last part of the book became better than the middle part. If you like stuff about ETs
or UFOs, and that there are no time and no space, love is the prime energy, you might like this book. But
I got too little substance from the book. It is probably better to read Monroe's three books unless you're
very interested in everything about the Monroe Institute, even the fuzzy bits.

dreaming90
18th November 2012, 01:32 AM
I also got the feeling that Rosalind is somewhat colored by religion, but I
might be wrong on this.
You are correct, I believe she has a degree in theology of some kind.

Yes, here we go, this is an excerpt from TMI's book review on Cosmic Journeys.

It is interesting, however, that a wide variety of theological material conveyed by Rosie’s Guides did not make it into the Institute’s course cosmology or Monroe’s writings. At the very least, this pattern of references reflects Rosie’s MDiv degree from Union Theological Seminary in New York City. Along with echoes of biblical language (especially Paul’s image of seeing “through a glass darkly” and the twin principles “Ask and you shall receive,” “Seek and you shall find”), the Guides stress, among many other important points, that God is pure love energy, that the fall is separation, that salvation means emulating Jesus who “came from the highest God-energy” to teach unconditional love, and that prayer and thanksgiving are important to spiritual development.

Source (http://www.monroeinstitute.org/resources/book-reviews/cosmic-journeys-my-out-of-body-explorations-with-robert-a.-monroe)

I agree with your feelings on CHEC unit transcripts. I find them dry and dull, even if the information is exciting.

Sinera
18th November 2012, 11:11 AM
I've made the mistake 1 year ago or so to buy her other book named "Soul Journeys: My Guided Tours Through the Afterlife" and I had to stop reading it after 4 chapters or so. The reason is simple: I have never ever read a more dull and boring book in metaphysics.

She tells a lot about her private life all the time and how she feeds her cats, etc. And when she finally gets to tell you about nonphysical experiences it is only from a kind of 'channelling ' of her main guide when she sits at her computer typing, so she does not even OBE then. Many descriptions are given in a very drippy, cheesy and rosy way, which also contributes to the boredom a lot (at least for me).

Therefore I highly advise against reading this book, a waste of time and money.