PDA

View Full Version : Oath Breaker: Priesthood

Frater.Akenu
20th November 2012, 11:39 AM
Introduction

Priesthood nowadays is a term exchangeable with clericalism, but in Magick the priesthood means still the same thing. Adept* of Magick should take a role of priest and do common actions associated with priesthood: Blessings, exorcisms, healings, confessions listening, public service and at least 1 month each year, during this time the adept should follow a simple set of rules to remain pure.

Rule #1: No exceptions

Whether a person in need is of opposite religion than you are or a complete skeptic, there is no reason to avoid your duty, you should also be able to pray in any holy house whether it is church, mosque, pyramid or ancient temple. If you do not believe in God then you can pray to and bless through divine force or whatever sounds appealing to you.

Rule #2: No anger

I personally hate this rule, no matter whether someone just stomped on your foot or burned down your whole house, there is this "no anger" rule and whenever you start having any kind of anger symptoms, you have to immediately banish them by sending blessings to the person that is causing you the trouble.
The blessing can be as simple as saying "May God bless you" with the cross gesture or as complex as a complete 2 hours ritual (be creative).

Rule #3: Nobility

No vulgar words, no curses, no paid occult related services, priesthood must be executed nobly and for free. You also must dedicate yourself fully to the priesthood, even if just for that one month per year.

Advantages

Priesthood is categorized as one of the Greater Oaths, that means the successful execution and finishing of the priesthood will greatly improve your willpower, cleanse your astral body from any external influences and improve your personality (rule #2 is great anger management exercise). Priesthood is also one of very few oaths that also increases your spiritual authority, that will be fully apparent even after finishing the first priesthood cycle.

Notes

Definition of Adept in this article is a bit different than what you usually consider an adept to be. Modern definition is a person that is very skilled in occult phenomena, an enlightened person if you wish, definition used in the article is the older one: Adept is a person aspiring to the next degree in Magick.

SoulSail
20th November 2012, 01:07 PM
Rule #2: No anger

I personally hate this rule, no matter whether someone just stomped on your foot or burned down your whole house, there is this "no anger" rule and whenever you start having any kind of anger symptoms, you have to immediately banish them by sending blessings to the person that is causing you the trouble.
The blessing can be as simple as saying "May God bless you" with the cross gesture or as complex as a complete 2 hours ritual (be creative).

I once had to repeatedly address a hostile entity, and in doing so, found anger at every turn. It arose naturally, but especially when I felt my boundaries being crossed in very personal ways. After weeks and months of this back and forth with the spirit, I had a clear, inner impression to let the anger do its work internally, meaning no resisting it, but no verbalizing it either. It was as if a voice said, "Anger is the only language this spirit knows, loves, and feeds from. Do you think there is such a thing as righteous anger?" I stood there and then a second impression came that assured me anger had an energetic structure that was different from resistance, but largely intent-agnostic. If this is true, I don't know. Anger seems such a fair expression in the face of injustice or cruelty, but I found true in my case that no matter how justified, acting and reacting in anger only seemed to place me in the same arena as the thing I was confronting. It only fed it. So I stopped and began reciting lovingkindness meditations in its presence.

That changed things.

Soul

Frater.Akenu
21st November 2012, 10:47 AM
It's interesting, but anger based demons are the most suitable ones for possessions, I think it's because it's very easy for them to influence the victim to get what they want: anger. Fear is not as usual, modern people are hardly scared of spiritual things, they have quite dogmatic view and they omit anything supernatural

Saul
25th November 2012, 05:01 PM
The word priest traces back to the Greek, via the Latin ‘presbyter’ meaning elder. The role of the priest is to act as mediator between God and man, through taking upon the ‘role’ of Christ in the dispensing of the holy sacraments. Priesthood is an indelible act of grace, being a major holy order, which bestows upon the soul receiving it a permanent and direct vibration link with the Divine. Through spiritual disciplines this link grows stronger, clearer and more pure. Once established in this link other supernatural faculties of the soul unfold naturally.

Esoterically the priest represents the Divine Logos that resides in the secret heart of everyone, and the sacraments the faculties of the soul. The chief of these holy sacraments being that of Communion, being the ultimate revelation of Self.

If there is any spiritual authority that comes with priesthood, it does so only through grace. Priesthood has more to do with service and surrender then acts of power over anything or anyone. The priest manifests himself in the world through seven acts of love burning before God’s throne like seven spirits.

Down through the ages have I wondered
Waiting to come into my own;
I have watched, waited and wondered,
When I would be coming home.

I am the Jew in everyone;
Crucified, tortured and scorned
But I shall surely rise again
In the Light of the New Dawn.