PDA

View Full Version : Through the... TV? Heh.

stargazer
3rd June 2006, 05:01 AM
I just got back from Japan and there's nothing like traveling, planes, and jetlag to induce some of your best states. (Btw saw "Air prana" right outside the window of the airplane in the white clouds, no blue at all, as well as down over brown colored earth, so I'm still tipping back and forth on the Scheerer's phenomenon thing and I think only a visit to the Exploratorium in SF where they have an exhibit on blue field entoptics to compare will satisfy me) I got especially good at subway napping, where you drift off and magically pop awake in time to hear your stop being announced in a foreign language.

Japan has some lovely energy (Thanks Celeborn for the recommendation on Kurama) and heightened my aura skills; I also had two fun little quick "eyes wide shut" 3rd eye experiences while napping/traveling; one where I felt like just the "corner" of my 3rd eye opened like the flap of a sheet being pulled up and I was looking at a relative's face in the car while they were driving, and another where I clearly saw a pretty peach colored marble entryway with that "wide open eye" feeling that to me is a hallmark of clairvoyant experiences.

Last night I got lots of sleep so not surprisingly while dreaming I found myself standing in a bedroom, perfectly lucid. There was a TV in the room and I got the bright idea to try climbing through the TV, like Matthew and I have discussed mirrors and doors to go astral from LD in the past.

So I picked up the remote, flipped around to a nice looking channel (Outdoorsy scene with lots of green grass) and decided to try climbing through the screen. Only, it was small.. TV sized. So I grabbed the edges of the TV and made it wider, and taller. It was really pretty easy, though the TV had a few moments of Alice in Wonderland obstinancy, where it wouldn't QUITE do what I wanted to. But I persisted until it was the size of a window, and I climbed through it.

Remembering what happened the last time I crawled through the mirror (I got stuck, and got anxious, and woke up) I resolved to stay calm NO MATTER what happened.

Similar to the mirror, the TV screen was hard but flexible, with some "give" to it. I got all the way through it, and stayed calm, and thought of Matthew's cocoon-like experience where after leaving a LD, he fights the cocoon and finds himself in his astral body.

Indeed, I felt like I was in a cocoon of some kind... but I could see it; it was like a blurry colorful thing around me, made up of the environment I was trying to enter, like blurred watercolors. I also appeared to be moving, like the colorful thing was a sort of slow moving vehicle. I just stayed calm and waited, which is not an easy thing to do when something's so closely wrapped around you.

Now, I lose track of the experience at that point but was thrilled that I didn't get stuck and wake up, or panic. I must have lapsed back into dreaming but I can say with confidence that I do remember after the cocoon part, having a moment of body-in-environment awareness where I was enjoying bouncing up and down as if weightless, and couldn't see at all. This is extremely similar to an experience I had earlier during my Japan trip where I slipped in and out of dream pools/lucidity and had a similar "blind but aware of my environment" moment where I was either bouncing up and down or flying, but not yet able to "See" my environment, and fairly confident that I was in a bright, more astral kind of state due to how the lucidity and environment felt, i.e. I couldn't see it but was aware of what was around me, at the same time. Felt perfectly safe and joyful, as if unused to having such a "light" body not constrained by physical weight. My astral/dream/lucid self seems to take a lot of delight in defying physics and exploring this new state of being, so I've been having a lot of experiences lately where I feel like I'm being "woken up" in the middle of a Tigger bounce! But since I'd sort of like to see where I'm at if I'm slipping into astral, the N.E.W.'s going to concentrate on clearing things above my neck.

Hoy, all. :D

Beekeeper
3rd June 2006, 07:36 AM
Welcome back. What a great post to get us all excited about your return again!

stargazer
3rd June 2006, 11:05 PM
Beekeeper, You are so sweet! :D I'm just knocking around, learning, like any of us. So nice to see you.