PDA

View Full Version : Strange energy in metaphysical places

Wormwood
5th June 2006, 05:56 AM
Hello!

I am new to this group and new to working with energy (and sensing energy), so I appreciate any feedback on my experience.

I just visited a used bookstore today and was looking through their very large metaphysical/magic section that was cornered off into its own room. As I was looking through the books, I started feeling kind of overwhelmed, spacey, and drained and found myself yawning a lot. It was definitely this section of the store--I hadn't felt that way until I hit it.

I get a similar feeling when I read certain new age materials--like the Keys of Enoch, for example. This feeling was especially overwhelming and acute when I visited the Philosophical Research Society in Los Angeles http://www.prs.org/ (the society started by Manly P. Hall who wrote the Secret Teaching of the Ages); it also happens when I am in museums.

What do you think is happening? Has anyone else experienced something similar? Do you think the energy is good, bad, or indifferent?

I appreciate your feedback!!

Wormwood

CFTraveler
5th June 2006, 01:14 PM
Sometimes when I go to certain places (it can be a person's house, or varieties of places, like once I had to go to a gun shop, for example) I'll feel the atmosphere is oppressive and anxiety producing, and I have to leave. It hasn't happened lately, though.

Wormwood
5th June 2006, 05:16 PM
CFTraveler,

I can understand why you'd get that sense in a gun shop!

I can't really tell if the energy is bad--it's just overwhelming. It feels like too much energy, if that makes sense. I wonder if it has something to do with my own level of energy, if it's not strong enough to deal with it?

Thanks for your comments,

Wormwood

Hegemony
5th June 2006, 05:19 PM
When I'm in the house of two friends who fight all of the time, I also instantly feel tired and spacey. My theory is that there are parasitic thoughtforms generated by the abundance of negative psychic energy and they "feed."