PDA

View Full Version : Shaman healing versus other forms of healing

violetsky
6th June 2006, 11:29 PM
I found this interesting comparison of shaman healing versus other energy healing arts. Hopefully you will find it interesting as well. Stumbled across it when I was looking for my favorite Carl Jung website.

http://www.shamans-cave.com/Shaman_And_The_Shadow.html

Best Wishes,
Violetsky

7th June 2006, 04:35 AM
Old, familair sentiments and ideals here :)

Basically, however, you gotta read the whole article to piece together what the writer is saying. He gives the impression that this is what a shaman is here:

The difference between a healer and a shaman is that a healer is a person who is able to use the forces of light to effect a cure in the body, mind, or spirit of another, without using the forces of the Shadow. Because of the nature of some illnesses, this method is not always effective, and a shaman must be sought for a cure. A shaman is a healer who has walked up to the Underworld gates of his/her own personal hell and then walked in. He/she has confronted and conquered his/her self-created demons, such as fear, insanity, loneliness, self-importance, and addictions, has unflinchingly confronted his/her own Shadow self as well as the evil of others, and can successfully deal with forces of darkness equally with those of light. A shaman can do exorcisms and can reverse hexes and the results of black arts that have been used on a patient, because by dealing with one's own Shadow and coming to terms with that Shadow self, one gains peace of mind and balance, and the black arts have no control over that person, for his/her personal fears and inner demons have already been dealt with. Both the shaman and the healer can effect cures, but only the shaman is trained in dealing with any type of black arts that may have caused illness. For clarification, a shaman is not a sorcerer, one who is trained in and uses only the black arts to accomplish their purposes. Many people in today's society are calling themselves shamans without any knowledge of exactly what this means. If the would-be shaman does not have the ability to look at his/her own shadow side, he/she will not be able to follow the path of the shaman. He/she would never be able to confront or handle the results and/or intentions of the black arts.

But this is the true definition of what a shaman is and what makes a shaman:

Bat is the Mayan and Aztec symbol for rebirth, and the totem animal for shamanism. Bat hangs upside down in the cave, just as humans are nestled upside down in their mothers' wombs. In leaving the womb or the cave, each is forced to look at light and shadow. Bat embraces the idea of the Shaman's death. In ancient traditions, the would-be-shaman was sent to a certain location to dig his/her own grave, and then spent the night inside that grave, totally alone. The grave opening was supported by limbs, covered by a blanket, and then filled over with dirt and debris. Absolute darkness and total silence quickly cause the initiate to be confronted by his/her fears. The basic idea of the initiation was to break down all former notions of "self", and to cause the initiate to face his/her inner fears and demons. When the initiate is released from the grave, the old persona and ways of life of the one "who was put in in the ground" truly are dead and buried. A "new" person emerges, reborn, with the right BY INITIATION to be called a shaman, and to heal. During my initiation, I spent three days and two nights totally isolated within the grave, and it truly is a terrifying experience.

In modern times, as with so many ancient rituals and initiations, the Shaman's Death is considered by society as too severe and dangerous, and so the actual rite is seldom seen or heard of. But the right to be called a shaman is no less contingent on the notion of the death of the old "self" than it was in ancient times. One does not choose to walk the path of a shaman, the Spirits call a person to walk the path of a shaman, usually by a traumatic, life-altering experience. This experience may be sufficient to constitute an initiation; however, the psychiatric wards are full of uninitiated shamans, who had a traumatic experience and no one to guide them to understanding! The understanding unfolds as we work with the Shadow self. The Underworld is the arena. Because the shaman has walked through the Underworld of the Shadow and knows firsthand the pain involved in breaking the stranglehold of inner darkness, a true shaman always has compassion for the paths that others must walk.

Basically saying, a shaman is a shaman if he undergoes a certain kind of death and merges is shadow self with his light self and puts and finds harmony between the two.

Some of you may know the "shadow" as what I and others have called the "shadow body."

7th June 2006, 04:54 AM
Upon further reading this individual not only is a shaman but employs a hefty amount of the same methods I use :)

violetsky
7th June 2006, 12:01 PM
Dear Spectral Dragon,

Glad you enjoyed the article. It reminded me of Robert's experience.

The part of the article discussing people in the psychiatric ward of hospitals opens an interesting topic.

Having met street people with psychophrenia I am struck by how psychic they are. One fellow in particular surprised me by what he said to me while I waited for a bus.

Are these people so psychic that they are wide open? Hopefully they did not get that way through recreational drug use. That would definitely crack someone open way too soon. When aware of the Greater Reality does that automatically cause you to start noticing the darker aspects at work in daily life? For me I find it easier to see the darker forces since they seem heavier and denser. I will see brown hazes and fogs around people or black upside down tornadoes etc. These visuals help warn me to stay clear of certain people or places. I think the danger is more that by being aware of the "dark side" you make darker forces feel threatened, which does open you up to attack. Since telepathy is the mode of communication, they know you know sort of thing. So maybe there is something to be said for not acknowledging the "dark side" (as some New Agers seem to promote) but then you do run the risk that ignorance can sometimes not be bliss and land us in the fire. The old ignorance is bliss conundrum.

Overall, I think ultimately we are forced to go through this process. It is merely a matter of time - in one lifetime or another. Hopefully not sooner than we are ready - avoiding the psych ward.

Best Regards,
Violetsky

7th June 2006, 05:35 PM
Dear Spectral Dragon,

Glad you enjoyed the article. It reminded me of Robert's experience.

The part of the article discussing people in the psychiatric ward of hospitals opens an interesting topic.

Having met street people with psychophrenia I am struck by how psychic they are. One fellow in particular surprised me by what he said to me while I waited for a bus.

Are these people so psychic that they are wide open? Hopefully they did not get that way through recreational drug use. That would definitely crack someone open way too soon. When aware of the Greater Reality does that automatically cause you to start noticing the darker aspects at work in daily life? For me I find it easier to see the darker forces since they seem heavier and denser. I will see brown hazes and fogs around people or black upside down tornadoes etc. These visuals help warn me to stay clear of certain people or places. I think the danger is more that by being aware of the "dark side" you make darker forces feel threatened, which does open you up to attack. Since telepathy is the mode of communication, they know you know sort of thing. So maybe there is something to be said for not acknowledging the "dark side" (as some New Agers seem to promote) but then you do run the risk that ignorance can sometimes not be bliss and land us in the fire. The old ignorance is bliss conundrum.

Overall, I think ultimately we are forced to go through this process. It is merely a matter of time - in one lifetime or another. Hopefully not sooner than we are ready - avoiding the psych ward.

Best Regards,
Violetsky

Hey Violetsky, good to see you posting here again, myself and a hefty amount of the members have missed your posts and advice.

Often yes drugs do induce a partial shamanic awakening even if the individual refuses to undergo the shamanic death. The shamanic death is a trial by purifying inner dragon's fire and most people are afraid to face thier inner demons and face them down, instead opting for the much more painful and destructive urge to keep thier belief paradigm and continue to fight thier demons instead of doing what, to us, is the obvious. I would not, however, go so far as to say that these individuals are being silly or stupid in this. It is man's nature to struggle and fight, and everyone will do so regardless of thier own inner soul.

This does not make anyone any less of a beautifull soul, matter of fact, to me at least, this makes them more of a greater being. Sometimes we have to face things down, and sometimes we simply have to give in to our darker side in order for the greater to prevail, it is simply the way the universe works at times. Thus when people are trying to fight back against this awakening, it is only natural for me to say that when most fight back the only thing they are lacking is the experience of someone who has undergone such an awakening. If only an allready awakened shaman could get to these individuals and show them, they would awaken to thier true selves, because physical existince, as some know, is an armor we put on to go do battle with our own negative qualities and the negative aspects of physical existince.

CFTraveler
7th June 2006, 06:54 PM
Spectral wrote:

physical existence, as some know, is an armor we put on to go do battle with our own negative qualities and the negative aspects of physical existence. Can I use this as my sig for a while?

violetsky
7th June 2006, 08:05 PM
Dear Spectral Dragon,

Oh dear! Please tell me my posts don't sound like advice. My intent is to provide alternative perspectives and concepts that will hopefully help if a person is interested. Subtle but important difference I guess I should try to stress this at the end of posts.

Blush! I am hoping no one misinterprets your post above. Perhaps you could expand slightly. Hey! Even Star Wars made sure to say never give into the dark side. Pretty powerful religious and media messages in this department and it does all depend how you define 'give in'. Not give up and allow darkness to control us. Never! My take on it is that what we do need to do is accept that this is part of humanity. That we are all linked energetically as a whole and therefore we are all connected to the darkness that humanity has accumulated and comes from beyond (before humanity). I do not think a person can have as deep a compassion or understanding if they have not faced these things.

It is a paradox. We want to be in control of ourselves so we must not give in. Yet what we fear or hate always has the ability to controls us and torment us. All our programming about guilt and not being good enough etc etc. ensures this. This paradox creates an epic battle of Odessey proportions. There was a lot to those old Greek tales.

The shadow we create that torments us can be chalk full of programmed thought forms we have reinforced over many years. Others have a life of there own and are not unlike living humans who are physically, mentally and/or emotionally abusive. Mankind is just starting to address physical, mental and emotional abuse. I wonder how much longer it will take before we address the abuse that comes from Shadow and beyond and deal with it appropriately. The methods used to handle abuse in daily life could help us with inner abuse by dismantling our programming and inner hurts that allow us to be controlled. The problem is that we think our programming is who we are. "I am that character in the play. For sure I am." We lose the identity we had before putting on the costume. We are lost in the role. Not realizing it was just a costume we wore to learn a part that taught us something and hopefully gave us more wisdom and compassion. Not easy to let go of the dramas, struggles and programs that have entralled us and defined us for so long.

Anywho, that is my take on it at this chapter of my life.

Hugs,
Violetsky

8th June 2006, 03:15 PM
The shamanic death is a trial by purifying inner dragon's fire and most people are afraid to face thier inner demons and face them down, instead opting for the much more painful and destructive urge to keep thier belief paradigm and continue to fight thier demons instead of doing what, to us, is the obvious.

Can you expand on this; specifically, the bolded section? Thank you. :)

8th June 2006, 04:45 PM
If I may step in and add something to the mix....

That was a really good article, thanks for posting it violetsky. What I have found in working on myself and trying to help others is that recognizing those parts of ourselves that are not so nice (really disgusting) is only the first step. The term "shadow self" is used in many other helping modalities besides just shamanism. It simply is the negative parts of ourselves that lurk beneath the surface. Discovering them can be traumatic. It can also be life-changing, but only if you are able to transform them. The whole point of finding your shadow "selves" (there are many) is to change them. If we spend time looking for them, finding them, and then doing nothing about it, what's the point? The healing comes from not only accepting that they are parts of ourselves, but in transforming them into something better. Something that is more beneficial to our growth.

Sometimes all this psycho-babble talk is easier to understand if it is explained by a real life example. I have a client who has come to understand that he/she is an alcoholic. (I have confidentiality rules I have to go by, so I will disguise this person somewhat. I will use the universal "he"). He recognizes that his drinking gets out of control in social situations. But, he doesn't seem to think it's a problem other than that. After many sessions and lots of soul searching, he's realized that when things get really stressful, he grabs a bottle to calm down. And, proceeds to get blitzed. Now, since this isn't every day, *of course* he isn't an alcoholic. Alcoholics are people who drink every day, right? Wrong. We all have something that we turn to, to get blitzed to avoid our problems. Some use alcohol, some use drugs, some use excessive amounts of sleep, some use the TV, some use video games, some dive deep into work. All of these are denial behaviors when taken to excess. Denial that everything isn't as great as we would like to think they are.

So, once someone has recognized what it is they turn to to cover up the shadow, the next step is to determine what the shadow is. In my client's case, it is to escape a lifetime of insecurity. Insecurity that he isn't good enough, hasn't done enough, isn't the best of the best. Very common for men. Some of this comes from a childhood of always being pushed to excel. Women fall prey to this, too. So, now that he's uncovered the shadow of insecurity...how does it manifest besides the drinking? He pushes himself. He has to make enough money, at all costs, to have the best car, nicest home, belong to the best country club, etc. And, he has to make sure everyone around him knows about it. He doesn't want everyone to just know about it, he wants to rub their faces in it. He wants his ex-wife to know that he is better than her new husband. He wants his friends to be green with envy. He wants his new girlfriend to think he is the richest man she has ever been with.

Problem is, his insecurity about not being good enough is a hungry master. It can never be filled up. He never feels he is good enough. So, he presses harder to make more money, to impress more people, but all he does is manage to push people away. He doesn't take the time to see them as people. They are objects to glorify him and feed his need to be admired. Somehow, he knows that he is pushing people away. Somehow he knows that he uses alcohol to escape the knowledge. He is starting to recognize his shadow.

So, what now? He's figured out he is insecure and uses alcohol to escape that insecurity. In other words, he has discovered his shadow and what he does to keep from looking at it. Is that the end? Is that all there is too it? No, this is just the begining. He needs to love and accept that part of himself. To realize that it's OK. So, he does that. Is that the end of the story?

No. To be free of the original probem, the alcohol, he needs to transmute that insecurity he's discovered AND accepted into something that will benefit him. So, what does he do now? He transmutes that insecurity to security by expressing the acceptance and love outwardly. He knows it ok to have money. He knows it's ok to be insecure. But, instead of using his money to show off, he uses it to better the conditions of people around him. He gives money to charities. He works in a soup kitchen. He visits the dying in hopices. He can slow down his need to make more money and be content with what he has. He uses his time and his money to help others. His insecurity has become his security. He knows he's good enough because his heart tells him so. His joy comes from helping those in need, rather than making jealous those around him. He has transmuted the shadow into something light.

And, guess what? Now, he has other problems to work on. Why? He's accepted a shadow and transmuted it, what more could there be? Oh, he has many, many more shadows lurking beneath the surface. But, he's on his way. We are now working on him realizing that he doesn't need me to help him uncover his own shadows. I was just a guide. He did the work. I'm busy now working my way out of a client. His path ahead lies in realizing he can do it himself.

violetsky
8th June 2006, 06:14 PM
Dear Painterhypnogirl,

Thank you so much for this post. I have heard that psychology is one of the most rapidly changing fields right now (next to computer science and tech work). They seem to be incorporating a huge number of diverse techniques. It will make a huge difference for humanity I think. If people can just get over the stigma of going to see one. Everyone can benefit from seeing a good psychologist. As with any field some shopping around might be involved to find a good fit. Sounds like you would be just the person to see. A good guide that provides the tools and gives a person their independence.

Deepest Respect,
Violetsky

8th June 2006, 09:20 PM
Thanks, violetsky. But, I don't want to mislead. I'm not a psychologist. I have a psychology degree, a Bachelor of Arts. Long story. :D I am a hypnotherapist and energy healer. Also, a retired Registerd Nurse. I went to a Psycho-Spiritual School to become a hypnotherapist and study spiritualism. I'm also an ordained minister, but only for the purpose of being legally able to do "talk" therapy along with the hypnotherapy. I know, it's all very convoluted. :lol: But, you gotta work with the laws of where you live. (I also went to law school, LOL!) My husband never knows what I'm going to be next.

And, I agree with you that people with schizophrenia and other mental disorders do seem to have a deep psychic connection.

9th June 2006, 01:33 AM
Hi All,

I've been thinking about this quite a bit and I have some questions. PHG - Has this client truly 'transmuted' this aspect of his shadow or has he simply found balance by cultivating it's positive opposite? Seems this aspect of his shadow self is no longer in the 'driver's seat', so I can see how it would seem transmuted.

The shaman cannot attack the Shadow with the idea of destroying it, but rather must recognize it as a vital, important part of himself/herself. By confronting the Shadow self, the shaman learns to work with it, channeling its energy into shamanic ritual. A shaman knows that both so-called positive and negative energy are required for balance.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm really wondering.

(now I realize your client is probably not a shaman, but I still wonder at the concept here)

This post is really disjointed and I apologize, I hope someone can understand what I'm asking.

For a personal example - I am seeing aspects of myself that one could call aspects of Shadow Self. Very recently as a matter of fact, a particularly nasty aspect became known to me. I am trying not to disapprove of it, I am trying to accept it as part of me. My question is "Now what??". Do I accept it YET keep it obedient to my positive aspects?

9th June 2006, 01:35 AM
btw - I can really relate to these particular examples of avoiding Shadow Self:

5. Some will admit Shadow Self, confessing it as a weakness or illness. "That's just the way I am, and I am powerless to change or control it. I am doing the best I can. I am trying, really." Sympathy and freedom are what they get out of this strategy - others won't blame them when things go wrong. They "know it is their fault, and they really are trying, but they just can't quite measure up - everyone just has to be patient with them." And so the misbehavior continues. Conversely, by claiming that it is their fault, they don't have to fix it because it diffuses the confrontation. The backlash is that they are too weak to overcome anything, and they suffer terribly from guilt, to the point of developing psychoses and needing counseling to deal with life.

2. Some people try to destroy the Shadow through drugs and alcohol. Forgetfulness is the motivation for this strategy. They think that by "checking out", they can escape. But every time they come back, Shadow is waiting for them, and they must quickly escape again. The price they pay is the destruction of their lives and those around them whom they love. They lose their family, friends, jobs, security - the Shadow grows.

9th June 2006, 02:21 AM
This is exactly the thing I don't agree with within the new age movement. Which I seem to have found myself smack in the middle of.

Hehe I msut admit I really like meeting and connecting people who are all LOVE LIGHT HAPPINESS UNICORNS!!! I also think this stuff is SOOO important and good to have. But I do see people refusing to look at their shadow more of the cause of their problems then not having enough light etc...

sash
9th June 2006, 03:58 AM
The shadow self must be forced to look at the light, and love. If you look at your shadow self with anything other than this it only goes to strengthen it.

Only with light and love does it dissipate because love is true, and that which is false simply cannot exist in the presence of light. By using the light to transmute these symptoms in essence we cultivate love. It is a matter of becoming aware of ourselves. There is no attachment. To observe without love is to observe with judgment (and separation, leaving an environment where attachment can occur).

There cannot be attachment, insecurity or fear in the presence of love, they are complete opposites -- which do you think is stronger? Think about this.

I guess it is a matter of realizing that acceptance doesn't mean saying "I am ..., therefore I accept this and this is what I will be", it is rather accepting the truth of yourself, and letting go that which does not belong.

I'm not targeting this post at anything in particular btw, just throwing it out there.

9th June 2006, 04:08 AM
Hi Sash :D

I totally hear what you are saying (your writing is so eloquent, as always my friend), but, it goes against something inside me that insists on balance. I'm still trying to understand this concept, that's why I'm posting my questions here.

I relate to the shamanic path. Again, this quote I refer to expresses what I mean:

The shaman cannot attack the Shadow with the idea of destroying it, but rather must recognize it as a vital, important part of himself/herself. By confronting the Shadow self, the shaman learns to work with it, channeling its energy into shamanic ritual. A shaman knows that both so-called positive and negative energy are required for balance.

(not trying to be argumentative, but rather, just want to explore these ideas further :) )

9th June 2006, 04:21 AM
I guess it is a matter of realizing that acceptance doesn't mean saying "I am ..., therefore I accept this and this is what I will be", it is rather accepting the truth of yourself, and letting go that which does not belong.

Right - I do see that acceptance does not necessarily mean granting control over your being to these qualities.

What exactly does "letting go of that which does not belong" really mean? Releasing it from your being? How can one who wishes to be a fully integrated individual do this? How is balance maintained if one releases all one's negative qualities? Is this even possible?

Again, not trying to be a jerk or prove I'm right or anything, just really wanting to explore this idea. :)

sash
9th June 2006, 04:56 AM
I sense we see things a little different regarding this. Perhaps I interpreted the quote to mean that love is an essential quality of oneness, and anything other than that causes split-consciousness which results in attachment (with love you leave nothing to attach to, because it is a self-sustaining force).

However I can also appreciate how negativity can actually be transmuted positively. But unfortunately the process I use to do this is the same. :? Thus I agree that other responses to this thread will provide a wider interpretation, so as I said, I'm just throwing these points from my personal experience in.

You are balanced. The being is perfect in nature -- it is all the crap around it that results in anomalies. You aren't happy when you are insecure, fearful, jealous .. whatever. "Happy" is not a good word, but the essence behind it is important. Whenever you feel this essence is not present your thought, action, feeling or desire is not working in conjunction with your being -- therefore it does not belong.
By realizing this and letting the falsehood go you are in essence re-integrating your true nature, although essentially it is more like removing the dust from a treasure chest, than actually picking up each piece of a pearl necklace and trying to put it back together (although both analogies are useful for example purposes, neither absolute).

9th June 2006, 07:19 AM
Hi Scym!
Scymitar said:

PHG - Has this client truly 'transmuted' this aspect of his shadow or has he simply found balance by cultivating it's positive opposite? Seems this aspect of his shadow self is no longer in the 'driver's seat', so I can see how it would seem transmuted.
Finding balance is, of course, very important. As humans, we will never reach the point of totally becoming love and all that implies. So, balance is a good thing to work towards, recognizing that you aren't going to perfect yourself in one lifetime. But, the ultimate goal would be pure Love. That is what we are all working towards and evolving to. So, I believe that the question in every situation is for all of us, "What is the highest vision of myself and how would I act on that?"

So, with the realization (once again for the umpteenth time) that I will be considered a "love and light fluffy bunny", I have to agree with Sash on this.
Sash said:

Only with light and love does it dissipate because love is true, and that which is false simply cannot exist in the presence of light.
I couldn't have said it better. With false equaling "dark" or "the shadow".

Think of Jesus as an example. Were his teachings of balance or of love? He embraced the dark in people, accepted them, loved them, and then healed them. I can't recall a single teaching of his where the main thrust was balance. He was all about healing, teaching, and love. For me, that's the ultimate goal. God knows, I've got a long way to go. :D

I also agree with Sash's post above. But, the concept of us being perfect just as we are is the subject of another thread. And, it's a whole other way of looking at the world. Entire books have been written about it, and entire religions have sprung up through the ages around the concept. I would recommend a sister thread be started on that, as it has been a topic of argument several times before. It would definitely derail this topic on Shamanism.

9th June 2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks guys, lots of stuff to ponder. :)

The following really resonates with me, there is something there, although I must admit, I don't fully understand it yet. :roll:

You are balanced. The being is perfect in nature -- it is all the crap around it that results in anomalies. You aren't happy when you are insecure, fearful, jealous .. whatever. "Happy" is not a good word, but the essence behind it is important. Whenever you feel this essence is not present your thought, action, feeling or desire is not working in conjunction with your being -- therefore it does not belong.

By realizing this and letting the falsehood go you are in essence re-integrating your true nature, although essentially it is more like removing the dust from a treasure chest, than actually picking up each piece of a pearl necklace and trying to put it back together (although both analogies are useful for example purposes, neither absolute).

The second paragraph especially - I love your analogy Sash.

I suppose a lot of it has to do with discovering and understanding one's true nature vs. all the crap (beliefs and such) by the ego. I don't know, as I say, lots of pondering to do. :)

I would love to hear Spec's and Violetsky's perspective on all this...

CFTraveler
9th June 2006, 09:03 PM
Here's my take on this:

What exactly does "letting go of that which does not belong" really mean? Releasing it from your being? How can one who wishes to be a fully integrated individual do this? How is balance maintained if one releases all one's negative qualities? Is this even possible? (For me, not necessarily for someone else) releasing that which does not belong doesn't mean stamping an attribute of your existence out, but a completely different thing: It means, first of all, recognizing an aspect of your personality that you find unacceptable,< unappealing, counterproductive, repulsive, fill in this blank> and look at it- where did it come from, is it mine, is it learned, etc.; accept that it exists as part of you, and then release it- not by denying it or rejecting it, but by forgiving it- and that should at least start to free you from it's control, because the 'negative' aspect of the shadow is that by being hidden (occult) it can then control.
That is why the 'fluffy bunnies' say that the light removes the dark, not by destroying it, but by illuminating it. The problem is that, as humans, when we finally admit to something we have been denying to ourselves, what we do then is hate it and want to destroy or punish it instead of forgiving and letting it go. And when we do that, we give it energy, and now have a new struggle.
Or as you, scymitar, said:
I suppose a lot of it has to do with discovering and understanding one's true nature vs. all the crap (beliefs and such) by the ego. I don't know, as I say, lots of pondering to do.

violetsky
10th June 2006, 12:39 AM
Dear CFTraveler,

At the psychological level:
If we think of darkness as what we consider unhealthy programming than what putting light on it can mean is trying to take a healthy look at our unhealthy tendancies. This would be at the psychology level.

At the energetic level:
Distance healing can work in reverse. If we are angry with someone we can inadvertantly cause them a lot of harm. Everything is just energy and intention. That is my belief anyways. If we get walloped by someones anger directly or over distance, it is good to do light visualizations (using imagination) and affirmations. You want to do as much as you can to clear out the energy. A salt baths or a shower can help as well as grounding exercises.

At the magical level:
If we get hit by something programmed with intent to harm than we are in deeper do do. But it would seem everything is just energy and intent. And what seems to be true is that what is programmed can be deprogrammed. Just like you can wipe a memory chip with UV light you can wipe programming of an egregore or other. It becomes an issue of strength of mind. Low level programs are not too hard to break but going against other stuff that was made by a mind more trained than ours is where this tactic can break down and land us in a wack of trouble if we are not VERY experienced. Amazing the stuff I find on people. Literally, knives stuck in the back even. I hope people realize what they are doing when they wish they could stab another person in the back. Non-energetically sensative people might not feel the thought but it still affects them and if you think it hard enough it leaves an imprint that a psychic can see or feel. Often I use what I call liquid light to remove these things and transmute the energy. I mostly use lava which combines fire, water, and earth element and even air via steam for a balancing effect and literally use intent to wipe and burn away the programming that left the imprint.

Shadow incorportation:
For me this is about understanding the darker aspects of humanity. We can't understand others and have compassion and patience till we are willing to look at our own Pandora's box. The problem is if Pandora's box is too full it can feel like openning it is just making us get worse and worse till breakdown feels inevitable. That is why psychological help is so important when first going there. And truly there will be those that perhaps it is best they not open the box till other programming (causing depression or rage) is dismantled. I think that what causes some confusion is when people are talking at different levels.

Best Wishes to all,
Violetsky

CFTraveler
19th September 2007, 10:27 PM
Bump!
This is an oldie but goody that I think may pertain to my recent experiences, and as such resurrected it to see what I can get out of it to help me handle a situation.
So that's why I bumped it, if you were wondering.