PDA

View Full Version : the affect of RAIN?

Illogical1
8th June 2006, 04:28 PM
If negs can't move along running water, why can they attack when its raining outside?

does the faster the water move, the stronger the barrier it is for negs?

-illogical

CFTraveler
8th June 2006, 06:27 PM
I don't know the answer to that, but it's a common 'custom' or 'superstition' in many cultures that going out in the rain is supposed to be good luck. For example, in some spanish countries, the first rain of May is supposed to bring blessings- where I grew up you could be anywhere (in school, for example- if it started to rain for the first time in may it was ok to run out and get soaked.
So there may be a reason for that.

violetsky
8th June 2006, 07:48 PM
Speed and volume of water are both important. The Druid's mapped out loads of underground streams using divining methods. They could use divination because the underground streams gave off a distinct energy. Flowing water disrupts existing energy flows. They used to build healing huts on stilts over flowing rivers. The speed and volume seem to affect the amplitude of this energy. Now our concept of a river today is different than long ago. Hydro-electric dams have slowed down the flow of most rivers today.

Contact with the fast moving water is ideal, though you would not want to stand in fast moving water unless it was very shallow. A large river that is slow moving would not be as good as a faster moving smaller river - energy wise. If you have ever sat beside a rushing river full of rapids you can feel the energetic difference compared to a slow lazy river. Speed definitely is the more important factor provided there is sufficient volume. Rain droplets definitely have speed but they do not have sufficient volume. That is my guess at least.

Best Wishes,
Violetsky

wstein
9th June 2006, 02:31 AM
I don't know for sure but can think of some possibilities.

1) for the same reason you can easily walk in the rain but not in fast moving water. i.e. you have a firmer land base on which to step.

2) water tends to disipate energy but the carrying capacity of each drop is not that large. Even a hard rain is only a few inches and hour where as a moving body of water can be thousands of times more.

9th June 2006, 05:25 AM
Speed and volume of water are both important. The Druid's mapped out loads of underground streams using divining methods. They could use divination because the underground streams gave off a distinct energy. Flowing water disrupts existing energy flows. They used to build healing huts on stilts over flowing rivers. The speed and volume seem to affect the amplitude of this energy. Now our concept of a river today is different than long ago. Hydro-electric dams have slowed down the flow of most rivers today.

Contact with the fast moving water is ideal, though you would not want to stand in fast moving water unless it was very shallow. A large river that is slow moving would not be as good as a faster moving smaller river - energy wise. If you have ever sat beside a rushing river full of rapids you can feel the energetic difference compared to a slow lazy river. Speed definitely is the more important factor provided there is sufficient volume. Rain droplets definitely have speed but they do not have sufficient volume. That is my guess at least.

Best Wishes,
Violetsky

There is a reason some people meditate under waterfalls :) If you can find one of those your pretty set.

CFTraveler
9th June 2006, 01:31 PM
One other thing I have noticed: We recently (since last summer) got a solar heater for the pool, and because our house isn't that big there is a panel on every section of the roof. (It looks raher ridiculous) In the morning when the sun starts to heat up the water gets pumped up to the roof, where it flows for the rest of the day, supplying it with warm water. In the mornings especially, when the process starts, you hear a water-rushing waterfally sound over you (weird at first) and the most amazing 'cooling' sensation over your (energy, I suppose) body. The first time I felt it it was like a balm of relief from burning (being dramatic with the description but you get the picture).
Now, I know that everywhere I've read about it, negs don't like water below them, but let me tell you, when you feel the water rushing over you, there is a perceptible sensation that is hard to describe-I haven't done it justice.

9th June 2006, 03:57 PM
oOOooOO!

I never thought of this before but we have a dam by our house where I could sit beside...

Thanks!

Anyone had success with Roberts coiled hose technique?

Whenever I use it I can telll when the neg leaves me because as it passes by the waters path the water sputters and stps flowing for a second!

Rayson
9th June 2006, 09:45 PM
Does flowing water also interrupt positive energy fields?- could there be a detriment to living over an underground river?

I also think the waterfall thing might have to do with maintianing one's focus when lots of fast-falling (read: hard-hitting) cold water is dumping all over you, but as I've only personally been in a similar experience once or twice, I could be dead wrong.

9th June 2006, 10:03 PM
Maybe Spec sits behind the waterfall. :lol:

Rayson, the vision I have in my head now is too funny! Some yogi getting pounded by a waterfall as his incense floats downstream. :shock:

violetsky
9th June 2006, 11:45 PM
Dear Rayson,

Excellent question! There are kayakers who spend hours and hours each day on the water seem to be very healthy. So my guess is this is not unhealthy for our energies during the day at least. Now an another interesting question arises. What affect would this have when we sleep and project? Some people do live and sleep on boats and seem to be just fine. (Though some sailors would have you wonder.) It would be interesting though to see if it has a significant affect on an astral projection.

The waterfall thing has lots of benefits it would seem. Supposedly this has a very beneficial affect on the air quality and energy of the air we breathe. Scientifically the air quality thing makes sense cause the water droplets would clean particulate out of the air just like rain does.

Very Best Wishes,
Violetsky

10th June 2006, 12:44 AM
I read an article in National Geographic once about buddhist monks doing there meditation RIGHT under the waterfall. Yes the cold hard hitting water is something they ahve to learn to block out but it probably has health benefits too. I know that tibetan monks also do overtone chanting by fast moving loud rivers in their initiation into some level. This shows that they can make the overtone loud and crisp which floats like flutes over the roaring sound whcih drounds out the lower tones created by the voice.

The harmonics are quite something to hear in person, anyone heard it or tried it?

Osiris
10th June 2006, 07:53 PM
I have had success with Rob's coiled hose technique.
Also years ago my brother suffered a bad neg attack at Red River Gorge near Ky-Tenn line, around 1 am. Grown adults were running (I mean running) around the woods like mad people screaming, firing guns into the air, huge camp fires blazing ect.., pure Lord of the Flies, insanity. My brother started shaking, staring at the ground dazzed, we couldnt pry him loose from a tree. We all stood there agape, blown away by his behavior. Anyway we eventually (45min) talked him into crossing the rope bridge with us across the river, 10 feet! from his position. The second he hit the wooden planks of the bridge WHAM he was back talking and kidding around like nothing ever happened. We sat there in the middle and watched the bedlam unsue in the woods around us for a while until we thought he had regained his composure then we headed back to the vehicles and left. Never been back since.

11th June 2006, 03:24 PM
Maybe Spec sits behind the waterfall. :lol:

Rayson, the vision I have in my head now is too funny! Some yogi getting pounded by a waterfall as his incense floats downstream. :shock:

PHG you crack me up! :lol:

Rayson
13th June 2006, 07:16 PM
Does flowing water also interrupt positive energy fields?- could there be a detriment to living over an underground river?

There are kayakers who spend hours and hours each day on the water seem to be very healthy. So my guess is this is not unhealthy for our energies during the day at least.

Well- let me clarify a bit more. I wonder if healing energies, since they are subtle energies, can be dispersed by living over water. Would Reiki, or blessed items, or other energies like that be affected?

Also- I don't know if it's just grammar structure playing tricks on me, but Violetsky- did you place extra emphasis on "during the day at least" for any particular reason? Sounds like a potential theory floating around in your words/thoughts.

(-: