PDA

View Full Version : Want to get back into obe´ing

magic
10th December 2012, 07:42 PM
I´ve have some limited success with obe a few years ago, mostly spontaneous ones but a few controlled ones.
I now feel a need to get back into obe practice, I want to experience something paranormal.

I´m thinking that doing 10 min meditation every day is better than doing 20 min fewer times / week, do you agree?
I really need to see some progress after 2-3 weeks or else I will just drop it altogether and getting bored.

What should I aim for, a full blown obe might be a too big a goal after this time, I´ve heard remote viewing can be less difficult?

/Magic

CFTraveler
10th December 2012, 08:53 PM
I think the idea of meditating for ten minutes a day is a wonderful start. Once you get into the habit, opt for longer meditations less often, and see where that takes you.

SoulSail
11th December 2012, 06:21 AM
I also recommend working with expressive intent. When I take long breaks from AP, which is often lately, I can usually kick up considerable astral dust by meditating a bit, breathing, and simply repeating a mantra or phrase such as...

"Now I am out of body."
"I am having an OBE."
"Time for me to fly."

The more you get your mantra settled in your gut, the more you may find things pleasantly taking off. I will repeat dozens, if not hundreds of times until I start feeling subtle vibrations or a sinking sensation.

Best,

Soul

roman67
11th December 2012, 09:01 AM
I also agree with you all that 10 mins of meditation is very necessary for OBE.

Korpo
11th December 2012, 11:30 AM
magic,

what might bore you about it?

magic
11th December 2012, 08:16 PM
magic,

what might bore you about it?

I just mean that If I wont notice any progress after some time (1-2 weeks) I will probably get bored and think the practice is a waste of time.

/Magic

CFTraveler
11th December 2012, 11:24 PM
Well, it's not.

magic
12th December 2012, 10:46 AM
Well thanks all for your advice, I will hopefully have some progress :)

roman67
13th December 2012, 08:31 AM
Just do it everyday. You will definitely get success very soon.

ButterflyWoman
13th December 2012, 11:50 PM
It's just like exercise. Do some every day, even if it's only a little bit. Eventually, you WILL see results. It's not usually anything mind-blowing, but one day you just notice better stamina, or better concentration, or some other thing like that. And the more you do, the more it will grow. It does kind of snowball, in my experience (both the physical exercise and the mental), but you often can't see "big results" immediately. That doesn't mean there aren't results, or that they won't compound as you continue.