PDA

View Full Version : I could just as easily have put this in "reality creation"...

ButterflyWoman
13th December 2012, 05:31 AM
Measurement Problem - Reality is an Illusion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJThU1jDT2o

Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfeoE1arF0I

wstein
14th December 2012, 02:45 AM
The so called measurement problem is a misunderstanding. it's not reality that changes when measured, it's information (the measurement result). As conscious beings use information about reality in perception, the information about reality affects them. They move forward with the information not the reality. With limited perception, they proceed as if the measurement represents the totality of reality at that moment. This is not the case, the rest of reality is not reflected by the single measurement.

One of the problems with measurement as its done by scientists currently is that they are actually measuring cause and effect, not reality itself. They shoot a photon or other particle as something in order to 'see' the current state of the target of interest. The launched particle is AFFECTED in some way and that effect is interpreted by scientists as reality. What they are actually observing is the effect of the particle and the beam interacting not the reality of either.

<first public mentioning of this>

ButterflyWoman
14th December 2012, 05:02 AM
Well, the thing is, like "consciousness", it's difficult to know what "reality" even IS, because there's nothing to compare it to.

I still found the video interesting, despite the fact that I was aware of the discrepancies in the science. I thought it was worth watching, particularly for people who are having trouble stepping away from "reality" and seeing it in ways other than they've always thought of it.

FWIW, though, my husband, Mr Science Guy, didn't like that video, either. ;)

CFTraveler
14th December 2012, 01:34 PM
<first public mentioning of this> Noted. When you get famous, remember me.