PDA

View Full Version : Accupunture question

albinopolarbear
16th December 2012, 01:52 AM
I was thinking of seeing one and was seeking advice. Is it a requirement for an accupunturist be clairvoyant. I mean if I go to see one how can i be sure they are working on something. The only reason I ask is cuz I live in alabama and to eeven have one seems either odd or to good to be true. I really dont know much about the profession and I personally or impersonally as I know but dont understand there is no such thing as personally, but I know i suffer and i dont know where. I run the energy and every morning do chakras but the fact of the matter is I suffer and suffer. Do I go to the accupunturist here or just keep trying on my own

ButterflyWoman
16th December 2012, 04:55 AM
I know of medical doctors who also do acupuncture, and I'd bet they're not particularly clairvoyant.

I know the principle behind acupuncture has to do with the flow of chi, but I'm not convinced that's why it works (and it does work, at least for some things). I, personally, believe it's more to do with stimulating certain nerve centres triggering a release of endorphins and other hormones, enzymes, etc. that aid in healing and pain management.

I honestly don't know what acupuncture could do for you, as you're not really clear about what the problem is. Acupuncture has been shown to be helpful with many kinds of chronic pain, nausea, and, sometimes, stress/anxiety symptoms, and probably some other things that I just can't think of off the top of my head, but these are the ones I know of that have been clinically tested.