PDA

View Full Version : I Did It! Success! I Finally Did It!!!

Daisy
16th December 2012, 10:12 PM
It's been quite a long time since I posted here, mainly because my attempts at OBE were going nowhere. I am pretty sure it was a function of some daily medication that I had been taking. I've been switched to a different med and it does not seem to be interfering with my attempts at OBE.

I've always known that I can have OBE's, as I have had a few spontaneous ones. I've read pretty much every book on the topic, and the two sources that I find to be most helpful are, of course, Astral Dynamics, and materials put out by Robert Monroe/The Monroe Institute. My interest in OBE was reawakened a few weeks ago when the television show "The Unexplained" did a two part special on the Monroe Institute. Since then I've gotten out all of my books on the topic and have been doing different meditations to help get me into the right place.

I've also purchased some Hemi-Sync CDs from the Monroe Institute and I think they have helped a lot as well. The biggest issue I have had has been fear. I've gotten to the vibration stage many, many times, but when I would start to separate the fear would overwhelm me and I had to stop.

This morning I got past the fear. This morning I woke up, got up for a moment to use the restroom and crawled back into bed. A few minutes later I felt the familiar vibrations begin. I told myself mentally that fear would not consume me this time...and I meant it. When it came time to separate, instead of letting the fear rule me, I allowed myself to feel it but kept going.

And then, it happened. I was out. It was crazy and uncontrolled, but I know that with time and practice I will gain more control and will be able to truly enjoy my OBE time. I stayed in my bedroom and looked at my husband (but not myself? I don't know why) from above. I felt very...umm...floaty, I guess is the word for it. Like I was completely weightless and almost like I was floating in water. Everything was very bright and clear and I was completely concious of what was happening.

I only stayed out for a very brief time; a few seconds. Oddly, though, when I returned, I had some difficulty. I honestly thought I was back in the physical and was trying to wake up my husband to tell him about it. I was being loud, saying "Hey! Hey! Wake up!" and even thrashing on the bed some. But I was still apparently out...because physically I did none of these things. My body didn't move and I realized it was my astral body doing all of this. It was disconcerting, because I truly thought I was back. A couple of minutes later my eyes just sprang open and I truly was back.

It was wonderful. Now I know the fear won't hold me back any longer and I can truly start exploring and learning as I've wanted to for so many years. I cannot wait for my next experience and to gain control.

My only sadness is that my husband doesn't believe any of this. When I told him about it he didn't want to hear it. I have no one in my life right now that I can talk to about these things. I am glad for this forum and I'm glad to be back here so I can at least share my happiness at this success with people who I know will appreciate what a huge deal it is.

Peace and love to you all!

greytraveller
17th December 2012, 12:22 AM
Hello Daisy
Yea! that's really good!! Fear (usually of the unknown) IS the biggest obstacle to getting out of body. Getting past that is a HUGE step.
Floating inside a room or building is a very pleasant sensation. Once outside you will find that floating is even more enjoyable and flying is truly a blast! Maybe that will be a motivation to get out and about in future OBEs. And it does help to have some OBE to-do activities thought out in advance.
The "Unexplained" tv show is on A & E ?? It used to be shown on Saturday afternoons and was hosted by Bill Curtis. Or is that another show??

Regards
Grey

CFTraveler
17th December 2012, 12:41 AM
Congratulations Daisy. I'm glad you got out, it's a wonderful thing.
Don't worry, one of the things that happens when you live with someone who projects is that sometimes experiences will be contagious, but not every time. If you continue to get better, eventually you will interact with him when you are both out and if he wakes right after it he will remember. It's an interesting thing.
Congratulations again, it's great.
As to the 'seeing yourself'- or not 'thing' it's a very traumatic thing, and your subconscious tends to protect you from experiences like that, until you're 'really' ready. It took me years to see myself, and when I did it was creepy, so now when I separate I quickly get away and not look back. :)
Congrats again.

Daisy
17th December 2012, 01:38 AM
Hello Daisy

The "Unexplained" tv show is on A & E ?? It used to be shown on Saturday afternoons and was hosted by Bill Curtis. Or is that another show??

Regards
Grey

Hi Grey,

Yes, I am talking about the same show. It's Bill Kurtis. I just checked, and the two episodes can be viewed online at http://www.biography.com/tv/the-unexplained.

I cannot wait to get out and about during future OBE's. There is just so much I want to see and learn. I just have to get some control and I'll be on my way--literally!

Daisy
17th December 2012, 01:41 AM
Okay, that makes sense re: the not seeing myself thing. I imagine it would be very creepy to see myself like that, at least until I become proficient at this (which I definitely will, now that I've overcome the fear). As for my beloved husband, maybe you are right, but I don't know...I don't think he'd be happy in the least to have one of these experiences consciously. But we'll see! I've been wrong before, one or twice! :)

Sinera
17th December 2012, 09:21 PM
Okay, that makes sense re: the not seeing myself thing. I imagine it would be very creepy to see myself like that, :)
As to the 'seeing yourself'- or not 'thing' it's a very traumatic thing, and your subconscious tends to protect you from experiences like that, until you're 'really' ready. It took me years to see myself, and when I did it was creepy, so now when I separate I quickly get away and not look back.

A little creepy ... yeah, but also wonderful! And memorable! (But why traumatic, CFT?).

I only have seen myself in bed ONCE in an etheric body kundalini-energy-like RTZ-projection (which I found about years later only). This memory will never leave me and it really 'sticks'. Not just because it was my first projection success. but because of this very vision: Seeing your own face ("live" from the outside and above) with closed eyes!! Whenever do you do this? Maybe later by watching pics of you from made flashlight snapshots, obviously gone bad. But when do you see this "live" at the very same moment??? Actually impossible as a matter of fact and in the nature of things in the physical. Etheric projection made it possible! :cool::)

btw, congrats and happy travels, daisy,
V.

Johnthelegoman
17th December 2012, 10:47 PM
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to have my first experience like that your an inspiration!

CFTraveler
17th December 2012, 10:48 PM
(But why traumatic, CFT?). You answered the question. Seeing yourself with closed eyes brings the whole "did I die?" thing to the fore, and I'm not a 'pretty' sleeper anyway.
Cheers!

Sinera
18th December 2012, 10:39 AM
You answered the question. Seeing yourself with closed eyes brings the whole "did I die?" thing to the fore, and I'm not a 'pretty' sleeper anyway.
Cheers!
I see. But it really depends on the personality as well as the emotional state you're in then, methinks. If you hope and expect to project then I think it is okay for you and you will know you're projected as intended. Such was in my case, moreover I was in a pretty fearless trance back then (or otherwise I should already also have panicked a lot about the unfamiliar energy snake running up my spine before the exit, in the first place).

CFTraveler
18th December 2012, 11:35 PM
Oh, I'm not afraid to die (I think I've expounded on this in other threads) but I don't like to see my own body looking like a dead thing. And, I drool. ;)

Daisy
21st December 2012, 02:11 AM
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to have my first experience like that your an inspiration!

Thanks, Johnthelegoman. I am proof that it is entirely doable...I am certain that you will get there soon!

I am on vacation now until after the new year, so I intend to spend a good deal of time meditating and listening to my hemi-sync CDs in the hopes of having my next experience(s). There is just so much I want to learn and see! I will definitely post when it happens again.

MaryAnn
20th January 2013, 04:44 PM
Which TMI hemisync did you use? I haven't had much luck with those although I did have an OBE at Gateway.