PDA

View Full Version : It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I Feel Fine)

ButterflyWoman
21st December 2012, 12:59 AM
WARNING: If you truly believe the world is going to end in a matter of hours (as I type this), please do not read this post. You'll just get offended. This is a post by someone who does NOT believe the world is ending at any predictable time, and is having a bit of fun with the idea of the End of the World(tm) (I've witnessed a number of very highly hyped "end of the world" dates come and go without so much as a blip; I'm not any more impressed with this one than with any of the others). Unfortunately, if you're right and I'm wrong, you won't get the chance to say, "Hah! I told you so!" and I won't get to say, "Well, I stand corrected! You were right!" but you can assume that if the world DOES end, I would have said, "Well, I stand corrected! You were right!" because I'm generally someone who says things like that. :)

Anyway, on to the post... (which is just me having a bit of fun on this, the last hours of the world):

Time I had some time alone...

Because I'm old enough to remember it, I can't get this song out of my head (and it gets in my head every time the world is predicted to end, which was twice last year and in 2000, amongst other times...):

http://youtu.be/Z0GFRcFm-aY

(Warning: Song might well stick in your head, particularly the counter lyric-tune in the chorus that starts in the middle, as quoted above, but otherwise, hey, it's just R.E.M. ;))

And if you want to know the PRECISE time the world is ending, apprently it's meant to be at Friday, 21 December 2012 at 5:11:00 AM (Mexico City time) and there's a handy count-down page for you to keep track! (Looks like I have time to have some lunch, go for a swim, and even make dinner, which is going to be a traditional Mexican pork and lentil stew, though we may not get to eat it... I'm gonna go ahead and cook it, though, just in case ;)):

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/maya?p0=155

Yes, as you can see, I'm not fussed about any of this. If the world ends, hey, nothing I can do about it, y'know? But I tend to believe the Mayan elder who insists that "2012 is not the end of the world":

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6300744/2012-is-not-the-end-of-the-world-Mayan-elder-insists.html

:wacky1::P:P:twisted:

Johnthelegoman
21st December 2012, 02:41 PM
Wish there was more talk of this date on here for fun... The world as we know it is always kinda ending every second at least for me because im always creating my present.

I was neer hypes up about this date but i did have a secret wish, somethig im sure others had....or have... Just a hope for what happens.

I know its scary but i wanted this to happen for the greater good. Everyones thoughts eould instantly start coming true. Basically everythig we would be able to do on other levels like astral and mental we would be anle to do in the physical with ease.

And tht some people would get freaked out atfirst but soon after we would learn to create together in harmony and build an amazing /utopia/? Just a perfect world basically

ButterflyWoman
22nd December 2012, 12:08 AM
Well, I went to bed kinda vaguely hoping the world would end while I was asleep, because it would save me from a bunch of boring crap I need to be doing, but, meh, here we are.... ;)