PDA

View Full Version : Help stop a chain of events

Johnthelegoman
26th December 2012, 11:18 PM
Any advice for stopping a bad chain of events due to loa?

When one stubs his toe it hurts and then other bad things can happen im looking for answers more jn depth then just change the way your thinking.

CFTraveler
27th December 2012, 12:27 AM
Need more info.

Johnthelegoman
27th December 2012, 06:06 AM
okay on christmas idk what started it during the day i was well mantained meaning happy i did a lot of driving. when driving home from my girlfreinds familys house my gps took me a long way that was just so random and not the way it took me to get there. it made me upset and then i took the wrong turn and again and again and things just wouldnt stop going wrong..

i feel like it was my thoughts that were making everything happen and know this has happened before so i want a way that i can kind of break teh chain of bad events so i dont have to experience these annoyances.

like some kind of imagry i can use to make things start looking up

IA56
27th December 2012, 07:23 AM
When this kind of events happens in my Life then I know I have lost my fokus totally, and need to stop and bread and let the stress fall off my, and then go slowly forward so I kan keep fokus on what I am doing, when I am stressed my thoughts and fokus wanders and I can find me in some Place I did not planned to be on and then I notice that I have bean like a marionett in someones hand´s and being played, so lack of fokus in my case at least.

PauliEffect
27th December 2012, 07:37 AM
find the weakest link

ButterflyWoman
27th December 2012, 08:38 AM
It's a matter of practice and discipline. When you start to feel yourself getting upset and frustrated by the way things are going, stop going that way in your thoughts. Instead of being angry or saying things like "Oh, this sucks!" or "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" or whatever kind of things your inner talk/thoughts are rambling on about, you throw metaphorical cold water on that and STOP. As I said, this takes practice and discipline, but the more you work at controlling your thoughts, the easier it becomes.

Korpo
27th December 2012, 11:23 AM
It doesn't look like a chain of bad events (things happening to you) but like a chain of bad decisions.

To break a chain of bad decisions the first step is to realise one is caught up in one. Spot the escalation. Notice that it is happening.

Then realise that bad decisions are often the result of rushed decision-making. Instead of making rushed decisions at the next turn, just slow down or pause altogether.

Now consider alternatives - like for example stopping next to a stranger or at a gas station and asking for directions. Or zooming with the GPS to see where you are and consulting a map. Usually rushed decisions have the added force of not wanting to consider other alternatives. By not applying alternative solutions you get the same result over and over again - with added frustration.

To break the cycle of bad decisions first slow it down. Make time for deliberation - like moving to the side of the road and stopping. Consider the alternatives that were on your mind that you "tuned out" during being in the mode of making rushed decisions. In this case you might have even considered following the GPS - even a bad route rendered by the device might have worked faster than what you did, and still saved you some frustration.

It's all in the decision-making process itself. Often a chain of bad results is a wakeup call to look closer at the decisions you are making, the state of mind you are making them in (frustration and possibly anger) and their results. By having a closer look you have a chance of changing what is not working - if you can identify it.

You can do all of this also in hindsight. This is very similar to what Kurt Leland calls "after-the-fact lucidity." The parallel is striking - rushed decision-making is a non-lucid state of mind. Lucidity in this case would be to make a conscious decision to alter the result instead of "blindly" re-applying the same solution. Even in hindsight you can analyse such situations and learn from them, especially if you manage to come to a new approach to them you might remember next time when being in a similar situation.

Step by step you become more aware of what you are doing and more lucid in everything you do in life, both while awake and while dreaming. A lucid way of life. :)

Johnthelegoman
27th December 2012, 03:29 PM
Thank you all for the advice. I do think i should have slowed down. But sometimes that can be quite difficult eapecially in the city of boston during the night hours.

its relieving to me that you sat it just takes practice butterfly meaning i can prevent this from happening eventually.

i did realize what was happening that i was spiraling out of control and knew it had to do with my thoughts/ decision making. Instead of getting angry i tried my hardest to be positive keep my cool and stay happy loving and had my eyes on getjng home.

i think my lroblem was that in the back of my head i knew i was upset and couldnt cotrol those deep thoughts telling me this i taking so long to get home! Maybe these are the thoughts i will be able to control with practice the ones in the very back of my head

Frater.Akenu
27th December 2012, 04:56 PM
Actually, why do you think that this was caused by loa?

Johnthelegoman
27th December 2012, 07:44 PM
I feellike every action we make is influenced by loa

CFTraveler
27th December 2012, 08:12 PM
Remember that the LOA is a natural law: a natural law is not a list of things that have to be done, but a description of how things are. If we create our reality, then the LOA is a description of how this happens, and techniques are ways of using it to get what we want. So in essence, you're correct that things happen because of the LOA, but we're influenced by our thoughts and beliefs about reality, whatever those are, and not by a specific law.
It's like- we're walking, we trip and fall because of gravity- we didn't fall because gravity made us do it, we fell because we tripped on something, and falling was a result of what happens when a body is attracted by another body without anything standing in the way (such as feet).

Sinera
27th December 2012, 08:55 PM
i feel like it was my thoughts that were making everything happen and know this has happened before so i want a way that i can kind of break teh chain of bad events so i dont have to experience these annoyances.
You've already given the answer here. Stop thinking the bad and angry toughts - which is sometimes easier said than done, I know :?;).
Maybe it will help already by becoming aware of them as an observer, see yourself from the outside ("Oh, this is anger again. Look at it: I'm angry now"). I cannot say if you then already attract (according to LOA) less difficult situations (or an escalating cascade of situations like in your case) with the potential to make you angry and even more angry, but I suggest you see it like E.Tolle as an opportunity to practice this awareness. With awareness one day the ability to master it and keep it in check will arise. It's an opportunity for growth. It also arises when other people in your presence get angry (at you or not) and you do not get affected by it (and get angry yourself). Try to use it and be grateful for the challenge and grow from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqX5IFKYFWk

Johnthelegoman
27th December 2012, 09:06 PM
Wow amazing responses thank you so much i do think i got what i needed to know. And yes easier said then done but now i will see it as a challange and be grateful i have a chance to hone my awareness