PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity vs. Purpose in Conscious Exploration

SoulSail
6th January 2013, 10:01 PM
I've been reading a great book CFTraveler recommended called Walkers Between Worlds (http://www.amazon.com/Walkers-Between-Worlds-Western-Mysteries/dp/0892810912/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357509187&sr=8-2&keywords=walkers+of+world), and one of the author's comments on how adventures beyond the body are best conducted with a specific purpose and question in mind. Curiosity as a basis for exploration, the author suggests, may not get one very far in the long run. I remember Kurt Leland also mentioning something about how "Otherwhere" inhabitants are often annoyed by untrained human conscious and so, have barred humans from many locations.

Which got me thinking and going over books from others such as William Buhlman, who (as I best recall), entered and returned to the astral purely out of curiosity, though this curiosity led him toward purpose, but not for years beyond his first trips out.

I'm curious what you all have discovered in this respect. Are your travels (or transcendent experiences) more successful (squishy word, I know) when fueled by specific purpose?

Soul

wstein
7th January 2013, 01:23 AM
I'm not clear on how successful applies. I mange to exit and go traveling equally easily and well regardless of 'purpose'.

A vast majority of my OBE was to find out specific things about the nature of reality. Most of the time it worked.

Sometimes my purpose was to take others and show them about being OBE, this worked more often than not but was less successful in term of actually getting out of body.

As to just going for an adventure, this almost always worked for me. While no question was answered it served its purpose. In addition it was often interesting. Though the goal was less specific, I would say just as successful in its purpose.

PauliEffect
7th January 2013, 08:22 AM
Yes, having a specific purpose or question make the experience better.

CFTraveler
7th January 2013, 01:40 PM
I answered yesterday and the internet ate my post. I hope it doesn't happen again, my internet is sketchy at the moment.
In my case, a specific purpose actually thwarted my plans. While I was 'just' exploring, my experiences were interesting and educational- the minute I set out to do something specific it stopped working for me- except one very important time.
FWIW.
I know my response is the opposite of everyone else's, but it is what it is.

Korpo
7th January 2013, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure the term "annoyed" applies to the reaction Kurt describes. This seems like a mixup of concepts as well.

According to Kurt, explorers with emotional baggage are usually not capable of going beyond their dream shells and cannot access the higher planes. They also seem not to make it beyond the Gatekeepers, the consciousness representing those limits that apply for changing state of consciousness.

But this is only one clairvoyant view of the same underlying energy. Clairvoyant information is present as energy, information and consciousness. If you were to take the consciousness aspect out, you could say that your mind is not able to access a certain state of consciousness because it cannot stabilise itself because of certain emotional reactions that block it from that state. The Gatekeepers are a different interpretation of the same energy/information - Kurt accesses the consciousness element of that energy to interact with it, so it is not only passive information, but he can directly communicate with it as an entity and so also in this exchange make the needed change within himself more consciously.

Even Kurt had "trouble" with the Gatekeepers at times, having to adjust his own consciousness in required ways to access the state of consciousness/location he was invited to visit that night.

According to Kurt a "mission" is required to visit certain states - for example the mental plane altogether. But developing the energy bodies that navigate that plane is also such a purpose. It can then become a question of the underlying motivations that drive that exploration, as for example he explains in the "Invisible Helpers" section of his "The Multidimensional Human."

Being curious can be a valid motivation, but that is not necessarily a matter of the curiosity itself, but of the even deeper motivations that drive that curiosity. Questioning those motivations can be a good exercise - why do I want to have this experience? Why do I want to explore? What is it I want to learn? What do I want to accomplish? Whom does my exploration help? What do I think I will be able to do with this? Do I want to prove something? Whom do I want to convince and why?

These usually are left unexplored and at least IMO the technical aspects of the personal chosen method of exploaration are overemphasized. These underlying motivations color and drive all nonphysical activities. I would consider them more important than technique or chosen method of exploration.

wstein
8th January 2013, 02:52 AM
They also seem not to make it beyond the Gatekeepers, the consciousness representing those limits that apply for changing state of consciousness.

Even Kurt had "trouble" with the Gatekeepers at times, I have been a lot of places and have never encountered any gatekeepers.

I have been noticed a few times and they did try to drive me out. Also a couple of times i triggered automatic defenses.

Korpo
8th January 2013, 12:25 PM
I have been a lot of places and have never encountered any gatekeepers.

This depends on your ability to perceive the consciousness aspect of the energy of a situation. Each clairvoyant experiencer has an individual configuration as to which amounts one experiences reality through the lenses of energy, information and consciousness.

SoulSail
9th January 2013, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure the term "annoyed" applies to the reaction Kurt describes. This seems like a mixup of concepts as well.

Korpo, have I ever mentioned that I admire your precision with words? From here on out I'm going to add a "Yeah! What Korpo said!" following my watery posts.

:)

Soul