PDA

View Full Version : Hypnosis - a powerful tool for self-healing?

Kuang Mu tian
1st July 2005, 01:45 PM
Hello everybody!

Since 1,5 yrs I have an interest in the subject of hypnosis. A few months ago I gathered enough knowledge to put myself into a trance where I can give myself positive suggestions.

As I am shortsighted I experimented in "curing", "healing" and correcting my short-sightedness. So far I only experienced (for the first and only time) that when I am deeply relaxed my eyes see better (which means: I see slightly sharper) for a short amount of time.

There is a thought in my mind that even hypnosis (self-hypnosis actually) may have a limit. Though I did not give up and tried to improve my sight with suggestions in a fairly medium trance.

Is here a professional hypnotist or anybody with profound knowledge of the subject?

Does anybody has experience in healing impaired vision with hypnosis?

Could it be that I have to get more into visualization rather than giving myself suggestions in order to get proper results?

Any advice appreciated

Quantitativefool
4th July 2005, 12:33 AM
I have been doing hypnosis for about 4 years now and I do believe it's possible to heal vision problems with it. However, I am unsure of the most effective ways. One thing, along with hypnosis that you should do is eye exercises and you can find those on the internet, they help to change the deformed shape in the eye that normally impairs vision. I would try 2-3 things in each session and continue 2-4 times a week for 2-3 weeks. Primarially do a visualization exercise where you imagine your eye is deformed (oval with odd bumps ect.) and then have a light go around it and put it in a proper and correct shape and when you finish everything becomes clear in your mind. Secondly, I would highly recommend affirmations at night and in the morning. Sun gazing or palming also has very good relaxing effects on the eyes.

Good luck and best wishes,

-Stu

Kuang Mu tian
4th July 2005, 07:14 AM
you should do is eye exercises and you can find those on the internet

you mean something like:
http://www.central-fixation.com/
http://i-see.org/perfect_sight/
http://www.seeing.org/intro/index.htm

Primarially do a visualization exercise where you imagine your eye is deformed (oval with odd bumps ect.) and then have a light go around it and put it in a proper and correct shape and when you finish everything becomes clear in your mind. Secondly, I would highly recommend affirmations at night and in the morning. Sun gazing or palming also has very good relaxing effects on the eyes.

I've done some visualization whilst in trance, I got a glimpse of a scene where I was pushing a wall on a kind of tower with some kids. I was astonished how clearly I could see. This lasted for only a few seconds though.

Stu, what do you mean by affirmations? What kind of? Often hypnotists use a set of metaphors rather than commands to achieve a certain result. What would that be in spite of perfect vision?