PDA

View Full Version : Spirit attacks

Frater.Akenu
9th January 2013, 03:18 PM
I recently had a discussion regarding various protection rituals and I noticed something. Every attack I remember was done from sides (once from above, when lower elemental jumped on me and then leaped into my face), but never from below.
Was anyone here ever attacked from below or is that really a safe direction?

CFTraveler
9th January 2013, 03:30 PM
I was once attacked from the front, but coming from a vortex that was in front of me- it could be interpreted as 'from below', since the vortex (or rather) the entity was coming from it in front. So I'm not sure if that qualifies.

Frater.Akenu
10th January 2013, 09:28 AM
Hard to say, so the vortex was lying "flat" on the floor?

BDeye
10th January 2013, 10:01 AM
Twice from the side. One was open aggression the other felt more like an inquisitive prod upside the head.

CFTraveler
10th January 2013, 02:33 PM
Hard to say, so the vortex was lying "flat" on the floor? Hard to describe, I was floating, the vortex was floating in front of me, so pointy part of the the vortex (If I could have seen it) would have been in the vicinity of the floor. So it was 'sort of' below me, kind of. I might throw in a sketch, since I don't think I'm describing it too well.

BDeye
10th January 2013, 02:40 PM
Make sense to me, you were floating above it and the point of the cone pointed to the floor, so although the attack didn't come through the floor it still seemed to be from below your point of awareness. I hope I didn't muck that interpretation up.

CFTraveler
10th January 2013, 03:42 PM
Make sense to me, you were floating above it and the point of the cone pointed to the floor, so although the attack didn't come through the floor it still seemed to be from below your point of awareness. I hope I didn't muck that interpretation up. You got it.

Frater.Akenu
11th January 2013, 12:26 PM
Mmm, then it seems that common magickal circle isn't a very wise idea :-/

CFTraveler
11th January 2013, 02:17 PM
Mmm, then it seems that common magickal circle isn't a very wise idea :-/ Explain plz.

Frater.Akenu
11th January 2013, 02:22 PM
Circle that is usually cast is a flat object, making you a center of the space, but when we have attacks possible from below or from above, it would be much wiser to cast an orb instead of the circle.

CFTraveler
11th January 2013, 02:28 PM
Ok. FWIW, when I cast a circle, I (intuitively) think of it as an orb or a dome, depending on what's up.

mick
14th January 2013, 02:40 AM
In my view the "ground" can harbour a range of activities, for example, the etheric counterpart of the physical provides plenty of working space for such. Sensing into ones local space will often turn up energy lines and sometimes opportunistic use of such. A practitioner can sweep an area below the surface just as might be done for somewhat more lofty areas. Perhaps a related sensing example is of a dowser who is able to sense artefacts at depth.

There is of course the relativistic effect when experiencing/sensing something in real time that is occurring in a more removed subtle level but in the process of perception is being mapped into a physical context. Directions can be somewhat more of an interpretive convenience than actual.