PDA

View Full Version : world going zonkers!?

Johnthelegoman
9th January 2013, 10:54 PM
is it just me or is stuff going crazy all around the world like natural disasters and extreme climate. Many of my friends are also having breakdowns and completely losing it mentally.

Is this just a reflection of the world im creating for myself or is the extreme weather thing true? ive heard about all sorts of earthquakes volcanos and stuff.

sadly enough no snow in my neck of the woods ( north eastern new england ) i pray every day for a blizzard or blizzards because i love them...i gues im still a kid at heart.

but i just want to know if im literally creating this crazy physical world around me witch i have a feeling is part true. but are there constants that hold true for everyone in the world. like the weather. ?

sorry if this is a bit confusing please ask for clarification if needed

CFTraveler
9th January 2013, 11:57 PM
is it just me or is stuff going crazy all around the world like natural disasters and extreme climate. Many of my friends are also having breakdowns and completely losing it mentally. A little of both- in the past few years, as a collective, we have been living with people threatening and predicting the end of the world and all that other stuff. This kind of expectation creates a tension in the collective consciousness that builds up and builds up. Even though thankfully, blind belief (like some people had) in catastrophe did not bring it about, but it certainly caused all kinds of havoc. Combine that will the massive 'sigh' that happened when the 21st came and went and no 'poof', like a crash after a panicked high-mania- and we're having the massive adrenalin crash. It's unfortunate, but it is our reality.

Is this just a reflection of the world im creating for myself or is the extreme weather thing true? ive heard about all sorts of earthquakes volcanos and stuff. We're all creating it- but if you look at naked statistics you'll see that the earth has these 'burps' every once in a while, some periods worse than others, and, regardless of what the naysayers say, climate change is a fact- whether it's caused by us, or by planetary fields, or whatever- it's happening.

sadly enough no snow in my neck of the woods ( north eastern new england ) i pray every day for a blizzard or blizzards because i love them...i gues im still a kid at heart.
Don't worry, I think you'll get snow anytime after the latest stalled front eventually loses.

but i just want to know if im literally creating this crazy physical world around me witch i have a feeling is part true. but are there constants that hold true for everyone in the world. like the weather. ? Since this is a collectively created reality (or at least collectively perceived, depending on what your worldview is)- the weather is not exclusively affected by one person, but it is affected by everyone- a 'butterfly effect' type of thing.
So don't worry, try to meditate towards peace or stability, and maybe, if there's enough of us doing it, we can create a much needed change. It is crazy out there, I hope the collective nervous breakdown chills out soon.

Johnthelegoman
10th January 2013, 03:10 AM
Man thanks a lot again for helping me put things in perspective i was really thinking about how much of this physical world i was making not fully realizing how collective or shared this reality is.

Now i realize thi is a very hared physical reality if i got it right. Anyway i want to be a part of the reality that fights for peace. I want there to be a big change i want to eliminate fear and greed from this planet! Or physical world... Or at least greatly diminish? I just saw le mis and it was inspiring.

I want to start a revolution or at least combine already existing revolutions for health peace and happyness all around the world.

ive been thinking more and more that its what i was meant to do. Change the world? For the better? But my "better" may not be eeryones "better"? Sigh so many thoughts

ButterflyWoman
10th January 2013, 03:48 AM
is it just me or is stuff going crazy all around the world like natural disasters and extreme climate.
This is exactly what the climate change model predicted would happen, and it's what IS happening. All those people who think climate change is nonsense need to wake up and smell the science.

Many of my friends are also having breakdowns and completely losing it mentally.
I did that back in the nineties. (Before it was cool. Sorry. Hipster joke. Can't resist making fun of hipsters.)

Is this just a reflection of the world im creating for myself or is the extreme weather thing true?
Both.

ive heard about all sorts of earthquakes volcanos and stuff.
"Heard about" is the key here. These things happen all the time, very regularly. As far as I'm aware, there's no increase in volcanic activity or earthquakes. They're just reported more (thank you, internet!) and lately there have been some very high profile ones in areas where people pay attention.

i just want to know if im literally creating this crazy physical world around me witch i have a feeling is part true. but are there constants that hold true for everyone in the world. like the weather. ?
I don't understand why you draw a line between "I'm creating it" and "therefore it's not true". Yes, you're creating your own reality, and your own experience of that reality. It's slightly more in-depth than that (there does seem to be a collective unconscious creation going on), but yes, you're creating your part of it. And in what way does this make it "not true"?

Johnthelegoman
10th January 2013, 04:33 AM
I understand im creating it its just hard to take in still and i dont know where the line is between what im creating and what were collectively creating is.

ButterflyWoman
10th January 2013, 04:55 AM
I don't know where the line is, either. I don't know that it matters, to be honest.

[EDIT] Had to come back and edit this. I remembered something else that might illustrate at least some of the complexity going on.

The earthquakes, severe weather events, etc. etc. are not actually happening to YOU. You hear about them, you read about them, you assume that "the world out there" is all real and valid and objective. But have you experienced any of these severe events? Other than having no snow, what have you really experienced, first hand?

In YOUR reality, there are no earthquakes. In YOUR reality, there are no catastrophic bushfires. In YOUR reality there are no people dying of, say, malaria. That's just not your reality. Is it someone's reality? Well, yes, probably, but it's not YOURS. Does this make sense? It might not, but let the seeds settle and just see if anything comes of it. Sometimes just the suggestion is enough to get the ball rolling.... ;)

Johnthelegoman
10th January 2013, 05:40 AM
Good response i will sleep on it. For now i just want snow..

CFTraveler
10th January 2013, 02:44 PM
This reminds me of a mindfulness technique. It's very simple, but it helps me. When you come back to this thread, let me know if you want it.

Johnthelegoman
10th January 2013, 04:47 PM
Hello. Im definately intrested thank you. This is a vast topic for me the one of creation and i will have to think long about it and i am excited to do so. Just discovered robert monroe hemisync tapes where he talks about focus points? It awesome

CFTraveler
10th January 2013, 05:48 PM
I'll describe the technique and give the link where I got the idea from. It won't be a quote, it'll be how I do it, and if you feel compelled to read it, you'll have the link. It's a whole book, and I'm happy it's available.
Here's the book: http://static.squarespace.com/static/5037f52d84ae1e87f694cfda/t/5055915f84aedaeee9181119/1347785055665/

Here is the tech I use:

Sit in any position you like. Close your eyes, and do some light noticing of your breath. Pay attention to your breathing, how your belly moves with the breathing. Decide to pay attention to any specific part of the breath, and continue doing it as long as you need to.
There are all kinds of techniques for maintaining concentration, but my whole point (and my reason for pointing it out to you) is that if you are the 'thinking' type of person (as am I, which is why I'm writing this post) and tend to drink in whatever you see happens to others, and watch all the bad news on TV and hear stories of things happening to people, it's easy to get 'carried away' with all those thoughts and feelings- and this is where the following techniques help.
The truth is, that even though we believe that things are happening all the time, our only reallity is the reality we are living right now. What happened yesterday doesn't exist. What happens in the next hour doesn't exist. Only what you perceive as 'now' (which is not now, but that is another theme) is the only thing that exists, and what exists is simply sensory experience that is happening right now. So,
Stop doing for a second.
Sit somewhere comfortable.
Look around you. Someone in the kitchen? Or another room that you can hear? They exist for you.
Close your eyes, feel your butt. Your butt exists, the (floor, chair, whatever) is touching your butt, you feel it. It exists.
The floor under your feet (or whatever) exists. You're stuck to it. The air in front of you exists. The furniture you can see. The space (air, pressure) that is around you exists. It's there, now.
If your thoughts start going to what you fear, ponder, or worry about, go back to your breathing, and say to yourself (silently, or out loud, depending on where you are) I'm breathing in. (And feel how you breathe in.)
I'm breathing out. (exhale).
That's the only thing that is real. I'm breathing in, I'm breathing out.
If the worrying thought comes back, say or think "I'm having a worrying thought". Then go back to your breathing.
I'm breathing in
I'm breathing out.
For as long as you can manage.

Let me know how this works out.
I do this every now and again, when my life starts to 'drag me by the hair'. This stops all of it, and I remember that all those things I think about don't exist, only what is here and now exists.
And, that's that.

Johnthelegoman
10th January 2013, 07:38 PM
This may be the first book i read in a long time. Ill post back later with updates.