PDA

View Full Version : Time lapse

Dais
13th June 2006, 07:42 PM
I know we all have lost track of time. I also know we all atleast sometimes we absolutely lost track. Like when your laying in bed blink and its the next day.
I grew up rarely having this happen to me but in the time of my meditations I have noticed this happening much more offten after ward when I goto sleep and the lapse is much longer and it almost always happens after obe attemps once I have given up. I think maybe I get out and dont notice and Im also messing up the rentry memory link up.
I also think that this might pretain to anyone that this maybe happening to.

terra incognita
15th June 2006, 04:30 AM
Hi Dais,
It sounds like you are experiencing a lack of energy. If you go to sleep, or lay down to do energy work and fall asleep the instantaneous sensation of instantly waking up in the morning is usually the result of lack of energy. The surest way to retain some level of memory is to meditate and do energy work before laying down. Make sure you are not sleepy. Try to reserve some energy during the day and, in conjunction, try to build your inner energy and peace of mind.
Generally, (I am speaking for myself as there is a lot of disagreement on this topic) I abstain from sexual activity and heavy physical activity of any sort. I try my best to keep my mind focused on all things esoteric. Spiritual literature of whatever sort is helpful. Sometimes just finding a peace of mind by just quieting the thoughts helps focus mental energy. A still mind keeps unnecessary dream imagery to a minimum while sleeping (but that might not be your problem right now).
Most importantly, try not to try any work while tired. We can't just come home from a hard days work and just flop onto bed giving our spiritual life a flickerng thought just before we fade off to sleep. These things must be thought of beforehand in a very methodical way.
Hope this helps!

**Wear the doorstep thin at the house of a wiseman**

Dais
17th June 2006, 05:15 AM
I try my best to do those things very good advice yes. But I tend to keep a good graspe of my energy usage. It may account in this for some cases but it kind of happened to me Like a mind cold kinda it happened for a few days at a shot and I dont normaly have that happen.

Dais
17th June 2006, 05:18 AM
Generally, (I am speaking for myself as there is a lot of disagreement on this topic) I abstain from sexual activity and heavy physical activity of any sort

Why might I ask. I love doing physical acts isnt that what are bodys for other than to house ower energy.

CFTraveler
17th June 2006, 04:43 PM
Here's a link to some of the controversy: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... hlight=sex (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2576&highlight=sex)

terra incognita
18th June 2006, 04:52 AM
Okay, here's a quandary for you. Years ago I was heavily into running. I had just finished running about 8 miles and had reached my second wind phase. This phase seemed to empower me with a limitless amount of energy and I wasn't tired when I reached home. I went inside and took a shower and layed down for the night. Within 5 minutes I had my first conscious projection. I won't get into the details.

So the advice I gave above is not a strict policy for inducing inadvertent OBE. The real question is: How can we, as spiritual seekers, learn to induce a responsible, calculable method for inducing the out of body experience? As with all things in life, there are no all-inclusive answers. There are always exceptions to the rule. But there are some known ingredients which cause, when applied with diligence and consistancy, predictable effects.

To recreate the circumstances that predicated all of our first experiences would be virtually impossible. To sprint 8 miles and then lay down goes against most advice spiritual seekers would give you. To go on a three day sex binge with your spouse may also go against common esoteric thought. To chew mushrooms or attend a trance dance or any infinite number of scenarios which might precede our first spontaneous projection might not prove fruitful over the long run.

Let's talk about speculation. We can speculate about all of the ingredients which predicated our initial astral projection experience. We can hope and wish and argue and dream about possibilities which may or may never come true. Say you wanted to reach the top of a mountain. There are no roads, only a trail. Helicopters cost $500/hour so that's not an option. It would be impossible to four wheel to the top of the mountain. The only way to reach the apex of the peak is to walk. There are people who claim to have been to the top by extraordinary means which we have never experienced in our everyday life. The only way you know how to get to the top is by walking. The most common every day act of walking. Nothing miraculous, dazzling or supernatural.

I believe we should reduce our hopes, wishes and dreams to an every day factor. Ask yourself: What can I do right now to enable the increased possibility of projection? At this very moment what can I do to establish the optimum conditions within my mind and energy body to induce the most likely state for projection? While I believe that any multitude of scenarios can precede projection experience none are more reliable, on a daily basis, than building energy by conserving and stimulating energy as per Robert Bruce's books. (I hope you own Mastering Astral Projection).

To reference your question about the physical body: "What is the body good for if we don't use it?" That's a good excuse for purely hedonistic pursuits if no thought is given to a spiritual life. We can't help but use our physical bodies, whether we are animal minded or aspiring spiritual seekers. The spiritual seeker sees a greater reality beyond the physical and does not necessarily tell himself, "Oh, I've been too spiritual recently and need to be more physical." In my experience it has been the other way around. If we are intellectually honest and truly dissect our lives, we will see a much greater need for spiritual development and a lessening of our physical intensity.

The preeminent question that we must ask ourselves is: Do we have ulterior motives for spiritual seeking? Well, what ulterior motives? We have to examine WHAT WE SEEK TO ACHIEVE with our seeking. Specifically, Dais, what, if you feel like sharing this with us, is your ultimate objective? I will leave this question open for your answer, I hope you will answer soon. Thanks.

**a pound feathers or a pound of lead, your choice**

Dais
18th June 2006, 05:32 AM
To find the only true knowladge the meaning of all things and its beginings. The wisdom that is not biast in any form or of any preconcevied notions. To see and learn from places and beings beyond this plane. To reach a new status of beaing. The orginal idea of Alchemy. To turn lead to gold. my self being lead enlightenment being gold. To become more then the mortaliy of flesh. but the imortality of energy. To learn to percive all I can in a way that I can understand.
To find the word the frist vibration spoken by the one which sprang forth chaos into creation.

That make sense?

terra incognita
18th June 2006, 08:36 PM
Here's a scenario for you, Dais, that I have attempted to apply to myself as well. I realize that we are on the internet and personal information should be carefully shared with others. But I need you to be as frank as possible. Imagine you are walking through the forest and you find a glistening emerald that fits neatly in the palm of your hand. You realize that this jewel gives you the unrestricted power in changing yourself instantly. If you desire to be taller you can be taller. If you wish any physical attribute it is instantaneously metamorphosed into the desired configuration. I think you see what I am getting at. Also, this gem as subtle effects upon your mind and spirit. You can choose from any possible characteristic to apply to your mind and spirit.

At this point, the portal that we must pass through requires a legitimate set of intentions. I have read your other string and think that string is applicable to this string. Of course, this hypothetical story will loose its effectiveness, unless you answer honesty.

It's an interesting way to perceive our inner desires more specifically on a point by point basis. Without the factor of time numbing us to the subtle changes, which takes place in us, we can see more starkly the unmistakable ideals we consciously harbor.

This concept would be similiar to coming home after a short absence in the spring time and noticing new growth in the plants around your home. This growth might have gone unnoticed if you had stayed home.

If you can, Dais, be as specific as possible. Don't do this for me or for anyone reading this post, but do this for your self. Introspection, whether you write this on the forum or not, would have to be somewhat blunt. We could carefully shape our responses to the story above to portray ourselves as purely super human. But that would be a transparent attempt, to those of us who can read between the lines, to cover the flaws within us.

Just simply list the information that you are willing to share with us in light of this hypothetical emerald story.

List some of the changes that you would attempt to implement into the world with your enhanced attributes given to you by this gem. Please give this some thought and meditate on these ideas before you answer.

Thanks Dais!!

Dais
19th June 2006, 02:41 AM
I will.

Dais
19th June 2006, 08:49 PM
First meditation for the gem. I walked though the woods and found the gem quickly I was given the idea to consume the gem frist. Then the idea of such power and abilty to change my self to whatever means lead me to think how I coud use my power to bring control into the wourld with punishment and law in hope to force a more controled enviroment to help bestow knowladge to the wourld. But I quckily realized that this isny my choice and that descision like that are not mine to make.

So I then sat waiting direction. For such power isnt mine to toy with power comes with duty. It never came. I then tried to think of what else to do to enlighten the wourld. It never came. that and karma seems to be doing a good job. Then I just thought about how to become more wise, and if these powers could help me to do this.

I will dwell on this again. But such power is meaning less to me. I do not wish to change all that much about me. and with all the power of reality I wouldnt change anything just hope to understan what is better.

terra incognita
20th June 2006, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the response, Dais.

I'll elaborate a little further into the scenario. After holding the emerald in your palm, you feel it dissolve into your flesh and you know you have obsorbed the essence of the gem. From this point forward you manifest instantly, against your will, any mental, physical or spiritual attributes you elicit due to a certain stimulus.

Now, it is very important to be aware of your inner response and take note not to modify your self-observation.

You stand in the forest and you hear the birds above you and the wind gently blowing through the branches. After an extended period of meditation, you come to the conclusion that you will deal with the power of this gem as you have decided above.

Through the bushes to your right you hear a muffled scream and a child runs out of the forest into your arms. A large rough man steps out of the forest and chases the child. When he sees you standing there, he stops.

Please ponder on your immediate response to this scenario and take careful note on how you responded emotionally, mentally or physically. Be aware of the fact that you now manifest, against your will, into a condition that will fulfill the need as it applies to your inner state.

Again, this requires a high level of integrity and honest openness. Please respond immediately so you do not lose the intensity in your answer.

Hope to hear from you soon.

**mind is the builder**

terra incognita
21st June 2006, 04:59 AM
Let me give you an example of how my story went...

I walked through the forest and found the emerald under some leaves. I lifted it and hefted it in my hand. I becameaware of its power. I hung it from my neck with a piece of leather. I contemplated its power and realized that it embodied my willpower without the restraints of time. I could become that which I desired to be, instantly. None of the restraints of inconsistant application i.e. no stop and start meditation. It would be as if I perfectly applied every bit of good advice I had ever been given. Physically, I became 21 again. Mentally, I became as vigilant and aware I have ever been in my life. And spiritually, I felt as tranquil as if I had meditated perfectly and had harmonized my mind to the outer circumstances of the world.

But, with all of these perfect developments came the perfect balance of development. My shortcomings had to be dealt with just as quickly. I immediately found myself (as I was guided to do) standing at an intersection waiting for my father to come pick me as he had always done. I was seven years old when my mother and father separated. I felt myself fall deeply into a state of sorrow because this was the last time I would ever hope to see my father. He just stopped coming to pick me up one day.

I felt myself well up with sorrow and instantly I was enabled by the emerald to fly the distance and meet my father in my mind. But, I realized that I had only moments earlier felt perfectly balanced and tranquil. The sudden change made me aware that was in charge of myself. I was able to fly to Chicago (where he lived) and observe him drinking at a bar (he was drinker). My sorrow turned to pity and then to a deep wish to let him know that I love him no matter what.

With that forgiveness I found myself back to where I was, standing in the forest. Nothing had moved or changed. Only I had. Of course, many other things found their way to the surface of my mind but I realized now that I am an adult and can put old pains into perspective by using this mind game.

21st June 2006, 05:31 AM
Why, Alex, you are such a fluffy bunny! *blush* All that love and light stuff is just going to your head. Next thing I know, you'll be hopin' down the bunny trail. :lol:

Don't know emeralds from squat, but all of us can and need to change for the better. The best way to change the world is to change yourself first. I'm such a friggin' FLUFFY BUNNY! :twisted: It's the only way to fly! (I mean "hop"). :D

Dais
22nd June 2006, 01:53 AM
The boy that came from the woods.
I picked him up and looked at the rough man with the conviction of the devil I ask him why he chases a child.
To move on from here I need a resposns from the man.

22nd June 2006, 04:49 AM
Alex the Fluffy Bunny said:

Mock ye not or I shall be forced to smite thee with my loving fist lol.
You do and I'll leave those bunny droppings all over you that Muse made reference to. :twisted: Where's my bunny with the red eyes avatar when I need it?
Edit: Sorry for interrupting the thread. I just couldn't resist a bunny jab to Alex. :D Talk amongst yourselves... I'll be quiet like a good bunny now.

terra incognita
22nd June 2006, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the response, Dais. Obviously, there is only so much I can say to carry this story forward. I hope you can see, that I am extending this story to you as a mental tool to visualize yourself in an ideal way. To make conscientious choices in the face of adversity. To not overreact in the name of justice and to try to discern the truth about the matter before responding violently. I think your last question was very revealing in that it showed you possess restraint.

Another thing about this story that I hope, in some way, makes sense to you, is the ability to perceive yourself in the highest spiritual state that you possibly can. To see if this high spiritual state is in conflict with any of your present life choices and to see the long term effects of poor choices.

I belive that if you can conceive, using the power of your imagination, of yourself in a high spiritual state, then the possibility exists for that to become reality in the future. It may be possible that if have you never conceived of yourself in a high spiritual state, you might not have a goal to persue as it never existed in your mind.

If you want, you can pursue this line of thought on your own or just think about it once in awhile. The emerald aspect of the story is somewhat corny, but it does provide an image to the concept of our willpower without the restriction of time. The subconscious mind loves images, obviously, and that is why I chose an image instead of just having you imagine instant willpower.

There's not a whole lot we can do to help each other on the internet as we can only use words to convey our intentions. But I hope I have not come off as condescending, as that was not my intention.

Good luck! Look forward to talking to you again sometime.

Dais
23rd June 2006, 07:01 PM
Its all good terra I know what you ment to protray to me. I also love any metaphorical confersassion or story and anything that can help us see who we are and better understand ower selves is always good.
Like I said before Im an alchemist and anything for knowladge and betterment of ones self.
Im also hermetic by nature and choice so learn from all teachers and weed out the bad lessons. Personaly I dont think you gave me any bad ones but you know what I mean.
I also understand the lack of empathy in text on the internet. I think one of the reasons people misinturpret me alot on here is because Im a being of thought over words so much of my meaning is lost in words if the emotions arent cared with them.
I would love to talk to anyone here on a more personal basis just to have a better position to speak what I and others mean and feel in a more understanding way.

23rd June 2006, 07:32 PM
Dais,
Have you read any of Aunt Clair's posts? She's a Hermetic Alchemist and posts about it quite often. Did I ask you this before? My memory....$%*&

Dais
23rd June 2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah I love that lady she says the coolist stuff I almost sent her a pm earlier just to tell her how awsome I think she is but I thought that would of weirded her out

24th June 2006, 09:46 PM
She would love it. Also, she does free energy body readings via MSN Messenger and possibly another instant messenger. Just pm her and ask for one. She really wants to do it, because she is compiling information for research. She seems to be "going where no man has gone before". Star Trek, hehe! :lol: