PDA

View Full Version : doing NEW for the sake of NEW

IronGega
11th January 2013, 05:31 PM
I recently had a bit of insight.

I've been attending some free energy work/psionics classes, some I run and some run by others, and I noticed alot of disappointment in some people who pracitce.

some have been practing for months to do tk or have aura sight.

then it hit me, shouldn't people simply do energy work for the sake of doing it. wouldn't our abilites develop normally rather then trying to forces them to?

anyone have any thoughts or insight on this?

IA56
11th January 2013, 05:59 PM
I can tell how I do...I did do as long it took for me to understand the energy work...to understand what it is and what it is for...and this is my way to work...I must understand it deeply...then I can let go of it...and use by intent so to speak...as you decribe your pupils Disappointments seam to me be ..that they are parroting but no feeling or understranding involved...and therefore no resluts at all in theires developments....only guessing so forgive me if I missunderstood you........

CFTraveler
11th January 2013, 09:36 PM
I do NEW for many reasons- but I agree it should be done for it's own sake, like meditation. It just feels good.

CFTraveler
11th January 2013, 09:39 PM
And the reasons are:
It solved problems I was having with spontaneous and bizarre separations
It feels good while I'm doing it
It relieves bachaches
It is a great method to empty my mind of verbal thoughts when I decide to project and am doing a long meditation. Helps get me into trance also, which I know isn't true of everyone.
And that's it.

IronGega
12th January 2013, 03:33 AM
I guess i meant to say for developmental purposes.

Like doing energy work and a form of development, insted of trying to move somethign with your mind

CFTraveler
12th January 2013, 05:24 PM
I just figured I'd post the reasons before someone asked, since I didn't in my first post.
In my experience, energy work has helped me be aware of my energy body when I get in a meditative state, which is something that had never occurred to me, and I think it helped in my 'psychic' development, since it helped refine my clairvoyant abilities (which were sorely lacking), and thusly helped me expand it- gave me something to work on.

IA56
13th January 2013, 09:00 AM
I guess i meant to say for developmental purposes.

Like doing energy work and a form of development, insted of trying to move somethign with your mind

I do not know if this is helpfull at all but what I meant also in my case is when I am "parrotting" it means I am just doing like a robot the training program without being in touch with my self or other´s...it is very a must in my case to have break´s to digest and to see how the training settles in my all bodies...I did understand this in a very awe way when I did really take a break from my training, suddenly I did relese all the energy I had restorted in me by the training and when I did relax I did also relese and the energy went from me like big big energy waves and I could see the effect it did have in all my bodies, and also I did understand that the relese and the knowing and the effect do also relese/heal the nature and than I did also understand that I do not have to do anything more than understand and do the energy work and I will be like a walking helping pillar because I have done this in my own bodies....do this make any sence to anyone??..I did understand this way and I did relax more deeply to understand when I did have very hard stress what to become or to be...and my uncertain/insecure/unsafe/unsteady/doubtful existence..about all in me...and I am so afraid to be called charlatant...even I know I am powerful but also I have seen many by taking courses and then thinking being and mastering something they do not do...and even I have evidence about me I still doubt...and what was said to me ...that I am wors than the Thomas the doubter :-)...so this was very helpfull to me to know that to do the good work is worth and no stress to do more, I can make difference by doing the work and the effect the energy work has on all bodies...I hope I make some sence because this is very cristall clear to me and I am going along with this knowledge and knowing how effectfull and important the energy work is....so all your students should go on and everyone should do energy work then we make differece in the universe. So keep up the good work!!

BDeye
13th January 2013, 11:13 AM
Good remarks. For years I dabbled with energy work but never really committed to the task, I think because projection was always attainable to me with out it. I never was able to reproduce the energy sensations I felt like when I projected and only ever experienced a vague movement of energy. Then one day with nothing better to do I sat down and what started off as a 20 minute session stretched out into a 2 hour exploration. With a mix of dogged tenacity and enjoyable, inquisitive experimenting I was able to get sensations like I had never experienced before which had the added benefit of boosting projection related phenomena. I have tried to convey the experience to close friends, usually met with doubtful glances, which doesn't bother too much. I spent years doubting my own experiences, testing them and trying to explain them in the hope of acquiring some validation, not only from others but also from myself, I stopped that and am better for it. I don't try to label and definitely don't try to draw any rock solid conclusions because things change all the time which allows me to change my view as well without shattering any beliefs i may have inadvertently cemented. I try not to approach my practices with any belief as to what they are, only that they are to me. I might be nuts on misinterpreting my experiences all the time but I try keep a open and loose approach and am usually pleasantly surprised by my results. I hope this ramble hasn't gone off topic to much or offended anyone. I guess what I'm trying to to say is approaching any practice with fewer expectations but with an earnest amount of effort can be rewarding in itself.

ButterflyWoman
13th January 2013, 01:52 PM
then it hit me, shouldn't people simply do energy work for the sake of doing it. wouldn't our abilites develop normally rather then trying to forces them to?
Indeed. I've seen that a lot with meditation. People get into it expecting to gain some power or special ability or englightenment (whatever they think that might be), and rather than just continue it because, like physical exercise, it's good for you and you will reap more and more benefits the more and the longer you practice, they get all discouraged that they can't do whatever it is they thought meditation would enable them to do and give it up. It's a shame, really, because the longterm benefits of energy work or meditation are considerable and cumulative.

But it's the same with physical exercise, too, I suppose. You expect to lose X amount of weight or drop X number of sizes and when that doesn't happen in whatever period of time you've alotted to yourself, you get frustrated and give up, never realising that there are better rewards that you don't even know about, if you just keep with it...

People can be pretty short sighted and hung up on instant or near-instant gratification. That's the nature of the ego.

CFTraveler
13th January 2013, 06:16 PM
I might be nuts on misinterpreting my experiences all the time but I try keep a open and loose approach and am usually pleasantly surprised by my results. I hope this ramble hasn't gone off topic to much or offended anyone. I guess what I'm trying to to say is approaching any practice with fewer expectations but with an earnest amount of effort can be rewarding in itself. No one has been offended, it's a nice ramble. :D .

Aunt Clair
17th May 2013, 10:46 PM
NEW is a good preliminary technique to learn to feel energy to become
aware of how energy feels as it is moved through your physical body.

NEW techniques are useful to facilitate healing

Any energy work will promote the manifestation of new energy centres and facilitate further development of existing energy centres.

Raising the vibration or the light body quotient of the human energy body is a good thing because it ;
aids healing
sustains health
boosts immune system
reduces blockages and dis-ease
raises awareness and consciousness
affords higher vibration which affords more Sidhi Powers
such as;
clairsentience
clairvoyance
clairaudience
astral projection
evocation

et cetera et cetera ...

BDeye
18th May 2013, 08:30 AM
Aunt Clair would a strobe of a center indicate an overload?.

jamboh
18th May 2013, 12:52 PM
I currently have mixed feelings about this.. my motivation for NEW has dropped considerably due to some of the points already mentioned, and partly because I've been concentrating my limited time each day (those precious early morning hours when both toddler and baby are asleep!) on mastering trance meditation. Firslty at the risk of sounding too negative I'll just mention what NEW definitely HAS done for me:

1. Given me solid personal evidence that humans have an 'energy body' and that it can be stimulated/manipulated
2. Given me solid personal evidence that the 'chakras' (whatever they may or may not be) definitely exist, and that the sensations produced from them can be extremely significant.. I remember vividly when I first 'activated' my heart centre and lay on the bed for a good 30mins with my heart feeling like it was beating at an unbelieveable rate, with energy pumping all around my body. I have also had strong sensations from all the other major centres at some time or another.
3. Relaxation?... i guess... although i find trance meditation much more relaxing

And that's about it. I've just actually had a bit of a realization while typing these that 1. and 2. are of no small significance, as I have proved to myself first-hand the existence of something that is widely regarded to be non-existent nonsense. Which is incredible! So I defintely don't consider my time spent learing NEW a waste.

But I can't deny that, other than these points above, I don't have any quatifiable or even sujective evidence that NEW has done anything else for me. Perhaps it's true that NEW should be done for NEW's sake, like a general exercise/fitness lifestyle.. but to continue the analogy.. if someone were to start a physical exercise regime from a lifetime of non-exercising, just as someone starts a regime of NEW exercising from a lifetime of no energy work, would they not expect to gain the real tangible ability to lift heavier weights, or to run further and faster without tiring etc. Unfotunately I can't really identify any corresponding benfits I've gotten from the many hours spent practicing NEW.. hence why my motivation has dropped. It's easy to sympathize with the people mentioned in the original post who were hoping to get some tangible new skills/abilites from practicing NEW, but became disillusioned when they did not appear.

All that being said, I don't disbelieve all the purported benefits of NEW... they're in my 'probable' list waiting to be proven, as for me any benefits have yet to occur. Perhaps I need to dedicate myself more fully to it... but now when I practice, I don't feel such strong sensations as when I first started and my original fascination with them has worn off a bit. BDeye it sounds like you were in a kind of similar situation but that you progressed beyond it by more intensive/longer practice... would you recommend the way you approached it and how did you achieve the stronger sensations? Any advice?

Sorry for the long post, was going to start my own thread but this one seemed quite relevant